ADVERTISEMENT

Republican Senate Can't Figure Out How To Help Americans During Virus

chemmie

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2004
They failed. Again.

Too busy trying to figure out how to line the pockets of their rich buddies. Can't seem to figure out how to support ordinary Americans in an unprecedented time of need.

Thanks, McConnell. Thanks, Trump.

Always Republicans fault. ;) Life would be utopian with Democrats. Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, or even Venezuela are great models.
Republicans run the Senate.
So, yes, it is Republicans fault.

You help them by giving them bootstraps so they can pull themselves up.

The pandemic has crippled the travel, tourist, restaurant, sports, and entertainment industries, but the real reason 15-plus million Americans are out of work is laziness.*

Good thing banks are getting the vast majority of government funds. It is helping 'Murica bigly.

Good thing banks are getting the vast majority of government funds. It is helping 'Murica bigly.
Banks are getting it because they are in more trouble than the average person. Not saying its right, but that's why its happening

Why should we pay lazy banks for not doing anything?
It's the same thought process that went into TARP. If the banks collapse, everything comes down globally. The bad thing is, its going to happen no matter what.

They failed. Again.

Too busy trying to figure out how to line the pockets of their rich buddies. Can't seem to figure out how to support ordinary Americans in an unprecedented time of need.

Thanks, McConnell. Thanks, Trump.
Exactly! THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Big mean Republicans. Heaven forbid they want to make sure people don't make more money sitting at home eating potato chips all day.
This from the same party that gave away 1.5 billion dollars without any information — let alone oversight — of who it went to and how much they got.

But let’s show our fiscal conservatism over unemployment insurance by golly! :rolleyes:

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Big mean Republicans. Heaven forbid they want to make sure people don't make more money sitting at home eating potato chips all day.

Half of Orlando is sitting at home right now because our tourism industry is crushed, and these guys think the unemployed are sitting at home by choice. They care more about a normal everyday American getting $600 they might milk for a few weeks than the banks and major corporations raking in billions from these bailouts.

Next time any right-winger tries to tell you they know anything about economics, just laugh and walk away. Their political affiliation already tells you enough.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Half of Orlando is sitting at home right now because our tourism industry is crushed, and these guys think the unemployed are sitting at home by choice. They care more about a normal everyday American getting $600 they might milk for a few weeks than the banks and major corporations raking in billions from these bailouts.

Next time any right-winger tries to tell you they know anything about economics, just laugh and walk away. Their political affiliation already tells you enough.

Just goes to show how fragile our economy has been for 40 years. You cant have a lasting economy based on service/tourism and the financial sector without collapsing when hit with a black swan event. Just like a personal portfolio, an economy needs to be diversified.

You cant have a lasting economy based on service/tourism and the financial sector without collapsing when hit with a black swan event. Just like a personal portfolio, an economy needs to be diversified.
The Orlando area should have been more diversified? o_O

I don’t know what point you were attempting to make, but yes, it’s safe to assume that a President Biden would have taken the pandemic seriously.
I dont know what point you were attempting to make as well.

I love how it is proven to be 100% impossible to defend the current POTUS without mentioning one of the following 3 people, none of which are currently POTUS: Obama, Clinton, Biden.

God I hate being right every time.

The pandemic has crippled the travel, tourist, restaurant, sports, and entertainment industries, but the real reason 15-plus million Americans are out of work is laziness.*
That is not what he was saying. but the truth remains, you had a job making 500 per week and once benefits kicked in you got 250 from the state and 600 from the feds, why would you want to go back to work even if the business opened back up. Republicans are not talking of getting rid of extra federal money, but simply capping it at 70% of your normal pay. Truth is we can't afford the 1+ trillion republicans want to pay nor the 3+ trillion the democratic want to pay.

I am against the Trump orders. Just like I was with Obama's. I am for ending unemployment and forcing rioters back to work. Rather than paying them to burn down the cities.

• Haha
Reactions: chemmie
I am against the Trump orders. Just like I was with Obama's. I am for ending unemployment and forcing rioters back to work. Rather than paying them to burn down the cities.
Not sure if serious. This is really what you think?

Senators went home for Summer Vacation. The bill sent to them by the house in May collects another layer of dust as the Senate GOP cant even agree with themselves on what to do, let alone agree with democrats.

Senators went home for Summer Vacation. The bill sent to them by the house in May collects another layer of dust as the Senate GOP cant even agree with themselves on what to do, let alone agree with democrats.

Both sides are working their hardest to get Donald out of office.

While the lazy Senate makes $3300/week sitting at home eating potato chips.

ADVERTISEMENT