ADVERTISEMENT

Reset the bracket…

tjb74

Silver Knight
Jan 19, 2014

Awesome to have one of our teams still alive and playing in big time games. ⚔️🖤💛

Reactions: muckdawg24
Honestly this is the first time I looked at the full rankings. We had the 3rd most wins out of all the teams in the country:
1) FSU 52
2) Oklahoma 49
3) UCF 46
Very impressive ⚔️

Reactions: Knight Strength
How do they decide who hosts when both seeded teams lose?
Even being seeded doesn’t guarantee you of being a host. But if the 2 seed and 15 seed would both lose the team that beat the 2 seed would generally get to host. If their facilities suck the team that beat 15 would host. I doubt they would strip a team for supers based on facilities though.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Not 100% sure but I would think final rankings probably play a major if not only factor in deciding.
It has to be set at the 64 team level. Pod 1 winner v pod 16 winner. Miss st took FSU out of pod 2 so they are hosting the round of 16. Only thing that makes since to me. I think they should have reseeded after the regionals for the super regionals.

So I assume that Oklahoma is a monster game. Win that and you have beat the best?

Has baseball ever got this far? This is good company to be in, way to go ladies!
Our best opportunity we had was squandered in only the way UCF baseball can squander opportunities. Lost 2 straight games to Stoney Brook (STONEY BROOK!) to lose a regional. We were in winners bracket, Stoney Brook had to play a double header and beat us in 2nd game, then beat us again the next day. I remember such a bad collapse, I had to look it up…we were up 7-0 and let them score 7 runs in the 7th inning. Ouch. Stoney Brook went on to win the Super and go to the World Series. Double ouch.

Highlights of Oklahoma’s 1st inning vs Texas A&M.
Texas A&M sure didn’t help themselves with the walks and errors, UCF will have to remain composed in that environment.
Notice there are no slap hits or bunts or fake bunts and then swing. They sit back and try to rip the cover off the ball. 😳

Last edited:

No. 1 OU vs. No. 16 UCF​

NCAA Super Regional at Marita Hynes Field:

Friday: 4:30 p.m., ESPN2

Saturday: 2 p.m., ESPN

EDIT: Changed times to EST. Check listings if that is correct time. was 330pm Oklahoma time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
Bulletin Board Material:
Oklahoma in two: The Sooners are too good, too powerful and too hot to be knocked out by the Knights. UCF’s postseason run ends at the hands of No. 1. — Ainslie Lee, Gainesville Sun

I think it’s a moral victory if we don’t get run ruled.

I’m no softball historian, but this Oklahoma team has to be on track to be one of the greatest college softball teams of all-time. It would be a historic upset if we won. Very interested to see how we do. Should be no pressure at least.

I’m no softball historian, but this Oklahoma team has to be on track to be one of the greatest college softball teams of all-time. It would be a historic upset if we won. Very interested to see how we do. Should be no pressure at least.
What’s crazy is that, From an article someone else linked, I got the impression OU’s stats are actually worse than they were last year.

Captain obvious here:
1) No walks
2) No errors
3) Keep the ball in the park and let the defense play.
4) Don’t give up a huge inning (more than 2 runs).
5) The closer we keep the game the more the pressure will be on Oklahoma in the 6&7 innings.

Oklahoma is a race car that wants to go 100mph, we have to slow the game down to a crawl.

What’s crazy is that, From an article someone else linked, I got the impression OU’s stats are actually worse than they were last year.
Just based on run differentials looks like their offense was even more ridiculous last year, but their pitching has been even way better this year.

Reactions: Wings0fred
Patty Gasso is no stranger to what it takes to win a national championship.

Despite No. 1 Oklahoma (52-2) starting its season with an NCAA-record 38 wins, boasting a program record of 37 run-rules, accumulating the best batting average in college softball (.369) and outscoring its opponents 500-47, the five-time Women’s College World Series-winning head coach doesn’t think her team has peaked yet. She feels like the Sooners are just getting started.

ADVERTISEMENT