ADVERTISEMENT

Retire, Gus

Some people,on this message board, want to bring back Scott Frost. I liked Frost offense and tempo, however his DC Erik Chinander was terrible. Under Chinander's direction, our defense was repeatedly gashed. Frost and Chinander are lifelong friends and would definitely be hired by Frost once again.

Some people,on this message board, want to bring back Scott Frost. I liked Frost offense and tempo, however his DC Erik Chinander was terrible. Under Chinander's direction, our defense was repeatedly gashed. Frost and Chinander are lifelong friends and would definitely be hired by Frost once again.
But we won. But we won. Gus cant gameplan for shit

So like our current HC except without the wins.

He is killing an awesome fanbase that is doing everything right

showed out for Big Noon, has everything to be big time but he can’t deliver as a coach in this era.
This is my thought as well. The ONLY winners from today? The fans!

Sellouts won’t be a thing if the product on the field is stale. It’s still early in the season, but it doesn’t look good from here.

Yeah, because this defense is so good.

The frustrating part is we haven't seen a remotely tough defense since O'Leary which may as well be a lifetime ago now. Chinander defense bent a lot, but we we're opportunistic with turnovers so it worked enough to give the offense a break.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
Especially that undefeated year 🤣🤣. Gus gets worse year by year and people just accept it.

2 weeks to game plan:

- Exact same 6 plays on offense
- Exact defensive scheme that allowed TCU to pass all over us
- Exact kicking problems
- Exact issues with defensive pressure
- New…Now we can’t stop the run or the pass

Until our AD chooses success above friendships, we will be stuck in mediocrity.

14 point favorites at home after a bye week. Completely shameful loss. 4 years into this project and Gus has not found a QB or put together something resembling a serviceable defense. The homefield advantage we once enjoyed is really no longer a factor with this staff after the Navy loss, the Baylor debacle, and whatever we just saw yesterday. Anyone now can walk into the bouncehouse and have a good chance to win. Thing is, I don't trust T-mo to find the right head coach if he even has the awareness to begin a transition plan.

14 point favorites at home after a bye week. Completely shameful loss. 4 years into this project and Gus has not found a QB or put together something resembling a serviceable defense. The homefield advantage we once enjoyed is really no longer a factor with this staff after the Navy loss, the Baylor debacle, and whatever we just saw yesterday. Anyone now can walk into the bouncehouse and have a good chance to win. Thing is, I don't trust T-mo to find the right head coach if he even has the awareness to begin a transition plan.
They supposedly use a search firm that finds the best candidates. I’m willing to bet he didn’t use the firms findings and went off on his own hire. Gus is a good man but I want a good coach.

Changes need to be made and if you think the AD won't do it then it's on the President. And he will listen if enough of the major contributors and alumni take their complaints directly to him. Forget the HC and AD, this one will only end when the President wants it to....

2 weeks to game plan:

- Exact same 6 plays on offense
- Exact defensive scheme that allowed TCU to pass all over us
- Exact kicking problems
- Exact issues with defensive pressure
- New…Now we can’t stop the run or the pass

Until our AD chooses success above friendships, we will be stuck in mediocrity.
I think the president n AD hired Gus as a sense of urgency when hired because of timing ( Heupal left in the middle of recruiting season) it was a good move and recruiting has been good Gus coaching has been suspect n his inability to coach outside of his outdated scheme is worrisome. He can’t coach qbs. He keeps bringing around his ex nfl qb to suggest he can coach a qb but he runs off more good qbs then he keeps. I still have faith in the Pres n AD Our baseball hire was good keeping Dawkins went well so far n overall sports have been upward (( all 3 major teams went post season n the ONLY new Big 12 team to do it ) We will c how this season and post season plays out

Gus has ruined UCF. Our brand is a joke. Two weeks ago people tried to dunk on me on here because we beat a terrible TCU team by one point? Good riddance Ted Roof, the sooner the better.
We don't know if TCU is terrible or not. Not enough games played. Still need a bigger sample size. They got whooped by SMU but they are now 4-1. They lost to us. They beat Kansas (who is now 1-4). They play Houston next (who is now 1-4). Then they play @Utah...finally start paying some tough opponents. That was a conference road win for us. Tough games no matter what, especially earlier in the season when nobody is in a groove yet).

I think the president n AD hired Gus as a sense of urgency when hired because of timing ( Heupal left in the middle of recruiting season) it was a good move and recruiting has been good Gus coaching has been suspect n his inability to coach outside of his outdated scheme is worrisome. He can’t coach qbs. He keeps bringing around his ex nfl qb to suggest he can coach a qb but he runs off more good qbs then he keeps. I still have faith in the Pres n AD Our baseball hire was good keeping Dawkins went well so far n overall sports have been upward (( all 3 major teams went post season n the ONLY new Big 12 team to do it ) We will c how this season and post season plays out
Men’s soccer struggling
Women’s soccer struggling
Volleyball struggling

Reactions: UCFsbarro
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT