ADVERTISEMENT

Richie Got Robbed....

The object of a DB is to break up passes and make interceptions. Not tackles. Throw those numbers out. If that was the case every DB would let man catch it and then make the tackle. You want an incompletion.

The object of a DB is to break up passes and make interceptions. Not tackles. Throw those numbers out. If that was the case every DB would let man catch it and then make the tackle. You want an incompletion.
Most teams didn’t want to throw on UCF so they ran the ball. He was an elite pass defender and an elite run defender.

TCU total defense ranked 30th
UCF total defense ranked 123rd

doubt the voters award anything to someone on such an awful defense. Other teams scored at will. His individual performance could be skewed because the defense is so bad and the time of possession was unfavorable

Reactions: shacket
Most teams didn’t want to throw on UCF so they ran the ball. He was an elite pass defender and an elite run defender.

?

Ranked 117th for Passing defense with giving up 283 yards/game.
Ranked 121st for Passing defense TDs with 23 in 9 games (Ranked 125th if you average per game)

But teams didn't want to throw on UCF?

Reactions: CFKnight

But if you count in turnovers- Grant 5 TCU 2 and 0 sacks and 1.5 fewer tackles for a loss. So Grant 1 sack (loss of yards) 1.5 TFL (loss of yards) don't outweigh 3 extra PD that resulted in 0 loss of yards? Probably just me, but I'd rather the loss of yards than an PD. But, if they are the same, then Grant's just a 0.5 below the TCU, and I'd guess you'd have to go to the tackles to see how many each missed on WR they were covering, and I'm not that interested in TCU to care. (just wanted to make the point that tackles actually do matter, if they're on the guy you're covering.)

But if you count in turnovers- Grant 5 TCU 2 and 0 sacks and 1.5 fewer tackles for a loss. So Grant 1 sack (loss of yards) 1.5 TFL (loss of yards) don't outweigh 3 extra PD that resulted in 0 loss of yards? Probably just me, but I'd rather the loss of yards than an PD. But, if they are the same, then Grant's just a 0.5 below the TCU, and I'd guess you'd have to go to the tackles to see how many each missed on WR they were covering, and I'm not that interested in TCU to care. (just wanted to make the point that tackles actually do matter, if they're on the guy you're covering.)
No , they only count if you are in run support or tackle someone else’s man. No voters are going to look into the games at that depth. We don’t even want to do it to prove he should have won. I don’t care about individual awards when the team didn’t do well anyway.

?

Ranked 117th for Passing defense with giving up 283 yards/game.
Ranked 121st for Passing defense TDs with 23 in 9 games (Ranked 125th if you average per game)

But teams didn't want to throw on UCF?
You must be knew to UCF football; perhaps you should check out the offenses UCF plays in conference.

You must be knew to UCF football; perhaps you should check out the offenses UCF plays in conference.

What does that even mean? That QBs have career games this year against the defense (3 with 400+ yard games).

That's part of their job. If they are asked to blitz, they blitz. If they throw the ball to another WR is the DB supposed to not tackle the guy "because it is not their job"? Maybe opposing teams threw less at Grant. Jamal Adams is a DB. He breaks up passes. He blitzes. He supports run defense. I don't know what football you watch but they are responsible for the largest
TCU total defense ranked 30th
UCF total defense ranked 123rd

doubt the voters award anything to someone on such an awful defense. Other teams scored at will. His individual performance could be skewed because the defense is so bad and the time of possession was unfavorable
..and the other guys stats could be skewed because their defense, overall, is better.

That's part of their job. If they are asked to blitz, they blitz. If they throw the ball to another WR is the DB supposed to not tackle the guy "because it is not their job"? Maybe opposing teams threw less at Grant. Jamal Adams is a DB. He breaks up passes. He blitzes. He supports run defense. I don't know what football you watch but they are responsible for the largest

..and the other guys stats could be skewed because their defense, overall, is better.
Like I said tackles from DBs is not what you want as a DC. Most would be 10 or more yards downfield. If you tackle someone elses man it would probably be further. Not a good play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT