ADVERTISEMENT

Right to Try

So big pharma is going to be allowed to test their products on human guinea pigs now?

Of the few, Libertarian things Trump has done, this is one of the bigger ones. Cut the FDA out-of-the-loop. The patient still has ultimate say. I'm against the government having any say, once it passes FDA phase 1.

Ironically the FDA needs to be more focused on medical device implants than drugs and procedures. Now those could use more regulation! This actually needs less regulation.

So big pharma is going to be allowed to test their products on human guinea pigs now?
I'm more concerned with the under-regulated industry of medical device implants than "Big Pharma."

Maybe I should call them "Big Implant"? ;)

Last edited:
Of the few, Libertarian things Trump has done, this is one of the bigger ones. Cut the FDA out-of-the-loop. The patient still has ultimate say. I'm against the government having any say, once it passes FDA phase 1.

Ironically the FDA needs to be more focused on medical device implants than drugs and procedures. Now those could use more regulation! This actually needs less regulation.

I'm more concerned with the under-regulated industry of medical device implants than "Big Pharma."

Maybe I should call them "Big Implant"? ;)

Do NOT mess with big implants. You will start a civil war for sure.

Do NOT mess with big implants. You will start a civil war for sure.
He he he. In all seriousness, the Big Pharma argument (which is valid at points) has really distracted from the severely under-regulated "Big Implant" industry. Congress hasn't addressed it because a lot of bio-tech research is in this area and some serious money.

This may be the most important thing that has been done in the last 2 years. Now if they would just address how competing manufacturers have to thread a needle if they want to put out a similar drug/device without getting sued then I'd be ecstatic.

This may be the most important thing that has been done in the last 2 years. Now if they would just address how competing manufacturers have to thread a needle if they want to put out a similar drug/device without getting sued then I'd be ecstatic.
Indeed. But we're talking about a major shift in the patent system as well. That's been a hard sell to date, especially for medicine.

My ex-wife had big implants. Pretty sure every guy in town got to mess with them
Okay, how about "Big Device"? No, that won't work either ...

"Big Mesh"?
"Big Socket?"

Sigh ... just going to lose here. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT