ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Queen Elizabeth II đź‘‘

We all have to go sometime. It's just a shame that she couldn't outlive her son, Charles.

I'm cool with reporting on the Queen of England's passing. No question it's news worthy.

But that story broke last Thursday. It's a week later and ABC News opened with a story on her, ended with a story on her, and touted the news network's live coverage of her funeral tomorrow morning. All totaled they probably gave her 10 minutes worth of coverage in their half-hour news show.

Why? I don't get it. What am I missing here? If we were still an English colony that would be one thing, but that was nearly 250 years ago. Why is the death of a 96 year old monarch such a big hairy deal here in the United States??!?

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I'm cool with reporting on the Queen of England's passing. No question it's news worthy.

But that story broke last Thursday. It's a week later and ABC News opened with a story on her, ended with a story on her, and touted the news network's live coverage of her funeral tomorrow morning. All totaled they probably gave her 10 minutes worth of coverage in their half-hour news show.

Why? I don't get it. What am I missing here? If we were still an English colony that would be one thing, but that was nearly 250 years ago. Why is the death of a 96 year old monarch such a big hairy deal here in the United States??!?
it is obviously a big story but the coverage is too much. I don’t watch it but follow accounts that keep track of what cable news/network news is reporting and apparently they are almost going 24/7 everyday for like 10 days. They even cut a Biden speech off to show some random speech in the Scottish Parliament

think we have found something that could get bipartisan agreement that there is no way Americans care this much. I figured they would show the State Funeral in it’s entirety but not everything else on this scale

Last edited:
Reactions: DaShuckster
Jesus Christ, put the old bag in the ground already!!!!

This continued coverage by American news organizations is beyond ridiculous.

Jesus Christ, put the old bag in the ground already!!!!

This continued coverage by American news organizations is beyond ridiculous.
The rein of a Head of State that saw the transition of a former empire through the Iranian overthrow, Egyptian Suez Incident, various unheavals, even some politican moves through the '70s and '80s, and the end of the Cold War and beyond, is likely to get a lot of play.

I mean ... Princess Diana got far more play and, in the end, she really didn't do remotely as much. I would complain more about that, than a leader of seven (7) decades. And yes, the British Head of State welds quite a bit of power, even over the US, despite the assumption to the contrary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT