ADVERTISEMENT

Roe v Wade overturned

BAHman

Golden Knight
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
A historic decision by the Supreme Court that I believe will have major implications in this country. Would like to hear from Knight Fans.

Yup. Thomas has already said the court needs to revisit gay marriage and contraception rulings. We are going to end up living in a theocracy if we aren't careful.
We need term limits on the Supreme Court

It's amazing that a dude who tries to **** anything with a hole is basically the reason we are going down a theocratic road.
It's beyond bizarre to me that our Supreme Court would willingly go down a clearly theocratic road while at the same time willfully ignoring a woman's basic health rights.

I find it interesting that conservatives were absolutely beside themselves with being....gasp, FORCED...to wear a face mask during a deadly pandemic. But when it comes to forcing a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term, their response is 'deal with it babe, 'cause that's the law of the land now!'

Reactions: KnightBreaker
Biggest ruling in my lifetime IMO.

People are quickly realizing that the president is not the most powerful decision maker in the room. I am 100% for term limits and age limits for our elected officials. Officials should be making decisions for the next generation and not the one they grew up in or the one before them.

Biggest ruling in my lifetime IMO.

People are quickly realizing that the president is not the most powerful decision maker in the room. I am 100% for term limits and age limits for our elected officials. Officials should be making decisions for the next generation and not the one they grew up in or the one before them.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out in elections, I expect Republicans will still do well in the midterms, but probably not as well as they were expecting.

All kidding aside, the republicans had THE two issues of all issues: guns and abortion. The democrats had absolutely nothing that came remotely close to either. This has been cut in half somewhat. I wonder what the platform of the party will be moving forward?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in elections, I expect Republicans will still do well in the midterms, but probably not as well as they were expecting.
And this is exactly why Democrats are acting like this is the end of all things good and right in this world. Because it’s an issue they know they can anger their base over enough to get out and vote. 1/6 hasn’t been working out that well but this one is guaranteed to bring out the emotional vote. Especially if they can convince enough of you that the evil Republicans are coming for all of your rights. Because we’re so scary.

Yeah Judges are now like elected officials.
A Gallup survey which examined the American public's approval of the Supreme Court over a 20-year span found Americans’ approval of the court fell from 62% in 2001 to 40% in 2021. Add to that the fact that in a recent Gallup survey this summer -- that came out before yesterday's decisions on abortion and guns -- it had dropped to an all-time record low of 25%.

But what do they care, right? When the new conservative approach to governance is "it's our way or the highway," it doesn't matter.

So… this overturned decision is unconditional? Abortion is now illegal in EVERY INSTANCE?

Just curious, since this board is very liberal. How do you guys feel about Nancy the Ho who’s had 3 abortions and never practices safe sex/birth control?

Are those day after pills now illegal?

A Gallup survey which examined the American public's approval of the Supreme Court over a 20-year span found Americans’ approval of the court fell from 62% in 2001 to 40% in 2021. Add to that the fact that in a recent Gallup survey this summer -- that came out before yesterday's decisions on abortion and guns -- it had dropped to an all-time record low of 25%.

But what do they care, right? When the new conservative approach to governance is "it's our way or the highway," it doesn't matter.
Well lets be honest, the vast majority of that time the court leaned to the left of center. The problem with the SC now and then was members tended to vote what they wished rather than what the constitution says.

Well lets be honest, the vast majority of that time the court leaned to the left of center. The problem with the SC now and then was members tended to vote what they wished rather than what the constitution says.
Roe was a 7-2 decision. 3 of the affirmatives were Republicans. It wasn’t a decision pushed through by liberal justices. The overturn was certainly a political strategy and a campaign promise of Donald Trump who appointed more justices as a one term president than any before him.

Reactions: KnightBreaker
So… this overturned decision is unconditional? Abortion is now illegal in EVERY INSTANCE?

Just curious, since this board is very liberal. How do you guys feel about Nancy the Ho who’s had 3 abortions and never practices safe sex/birth control?

Who cares about Nancy. But if you happen to be in clearwater this weekend, let me know, I'll buy ya a drink.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Roe was a 7-2 decision. 3 of the affirmatives were Republicans. It wasn’t a decision pushed through by liberal justices. The overturn was certainly a political strategy and a campaign promise of Donald Trump who appointed more justices as a one term president than any before him.
All true. But how did we get there? This shit might have been different had RBG retired in 2012 when Obama asked her to and he could have appointed her replacement. Her selfishness initiated this. Let's say she didn't have cancer and Trump was re-elected. WTF was the left's strategy? "Hey Ruth, can you hold out until you're 92 and we will try to replace you then?" Insanity.

They whiffed bigly on Scalia and then paid the price in spades with Trump's three picks. Get your shit together, people. I mean, NO ONE should be surprised by this. All democrats do is lose and whine and then act shocked when it turns out badly.

The SCOTUS didn't make it illegal. They dumped it back in the laps of the states.

All true. But how did we get there? This shit might have been different had RBG retired in 2012 when Obama asked her to and he could have appointed her replacement. Her selfishness initiated this. Let's say she didn't have cancer and Trump was re-elected. WTF was the left's strategy? "Hey Ruth, can you hold out until you're 92 and we will try to replace you then?" Insanity.

They whiffed bigly on Scalia and then paid the price in spades with Trump's three picks. Get your shit together, people. I mean, NO ONE should be surprised by this. All democrats do is lose and whine and then act shocked when it turns out badly.
She should have retired, but also not fault her fault. That's a retrospect type of thing

Who cares about Nancy. But if you happen to be in clearwater this weekend, let me know, I'll buy ya a drink.
Very cool.. 😎. Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, I’ll be there NEXT weekend

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT