ADVERTISEMENT

Romney is on board

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
basically assuring Trumps nominee will be confirmed.

Not sure which Romney this is, but he's falling in line apparently. Now Trump just has to pick which woman will replace RBG, but both of them have been vetted and confirmed within the last couple of years. Looks like we are going to get a 6-3 court, and possibly a 7-2 court in the next 4 years if Trump wins reelection.

basically assuring Trumps nominee will be confirmed.

Not sure which Romney this is, but he's falling in line apparently. Now Trump just has to pick which woman will replace RBG, but both of them have been vetted and confirmed within the last couple of years. Looks like we are going to get a 6-3 court, and possibly a 7-2 court in the next 4 years if Trump wins reelection.
This will hurt the Trump election. Many are voting for Trump just for this. I have a family if conservative justice is in place they won't vote for Trump

McConnell is definitely taking a risk here. Some polling is showing democrats with a real chance to take the Senate back. If Trump and the Reps ram through a justice, especially after 2016 before the election, that will really fire up the Dems.

Biden is already favored, and I think the Senate would truly be in play. And if they take the entire government, retribution will be on the menu. Say goodbye to the legislative filibuster and then the court would be expanded for starters. And then they would probably start on the talks of statehood for DC and Puerto Rico.

This kind of stuff used to be just fringe talk, but it’s gone to moderates and mainstream fast

The pendulum always swings back.
Not if they steal seats. This wouldn't be an issue if Garland was confirmed, we'd be at the same 4-5 split we have always been. Now it's going to be 6-3 and Dems aren't going to wait for it to swing back. They are going to just add at least 2 justices.

This will hurt the Trump election. Many are voting for Trump just for this. I have a family if conservative justice is in place they won't vote for Trump

If you won't vote for Trump because of a conservative Justice, you would not vote for him anyways.

Not if they steal seats. This wouldn't be an issue if Garland was confirmed, we'd be at the same 4-5 split we have always been. Now it's going to be 6-3 and Dems aren't going to wait for it to swing back. They are going to just add at least 2 justices.
If that's really what they want to do, they should all vote in favor of Trumps nominee. Put forward the appearance that they want more bipartisanship to avoid the backlash when they make that move.

If that's really what they want to do, they should all vote in favor of Trumps nominee. Put forward the appearance that they want more bipartisanship to avoid the backlash when they make that move.
Yes bipartisanship. That's what the Democrats need.

I'm sure Trump republicans are willing to work across the aisle hahahaha

Yes bipartisanship. That's what the Democrats need.

I'm sure Trump republicans are willing to work across the aisle hahahaha
I'm saying it would give them the upper hand when/if they expand the court. If they all vote against Trumps nominee, expanding the court will appear much more partisan and unpopular.

Nothing unusual is happening here. 29 times a Spot has opened in the election year. 29 times the Prez nominated someone. 10 times the Senate was held by other party, only once did they approve the nominee. 19 times the prez and Senate were held by same party, 17 times the nominee was approved.

Interesting fact:
Only 13 SC openings have occurred during election years. Of those openings the ones from Jan 1-July 1 there were 9. 8 of those were confirmed. The only one not confirmed was Merrick Garland. The 4 after July 1 were postponed until after the election.

I'm saying it would give them the upper hand when/if they expand the court. If they all vote against Trumps nominee, expanding the court will appear much more partisan and unpopular.
Hmmm. Well what if, and hear me out on this, the Democrats don't give a shit and just do it because they are in power? Isn't that the way the country should be run?

Hmmm. Well what if, and hear me out on this, the Democrats don't give a shit and just do it because they are in power? Isn't that the way the country should be run?
Then do it and they can expose themselves for being the authoritarians they are. That typically doesn't sell, but go for it.

Then do it and they can expose themselves for being the authoritarians they are. That typically doesn't sell, but go for it.
You dumbass, the current president of the United States will not commit to a peaceful transition of power in a HYPOTHETICAL that he loses. Now is not the time to hope the dumb shit maga chuds come around to respecting democracy again, now is the time to fix a failing system as soon as you can. There will be no bipartisanship with the cancer on democracy when trying to save democracy.

You dumbass, the current president of the United States will not commit to a peaceful transition of power in a HYPOTHETICAL that he loses. Now is not the time to hope the dumb shit maga chuds come around to respecting democracy again, now is the time to fix a failing system as soon as you can. There will be no bipartisanship with the cancer on democracy when trying to save democracy.
There is no democracy in this country. Never has been. You guys really need to take a civics class.

Yeah this confirmation isn't happening unless they mash it through at the absolute last min.

ADVERTISEMENT