ADVERTISEMENT

Romney: Our President lacks the Character to be President

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
In an Op-Ed piece linked below Senator-Elect Mitt Romney said:

"To a great degree, a presidency shapes the public character of the nation. A president should unite us and inspire us to follow “our better angels.” A president should demonstrate the essential qualities of honesty and integrity, and elevate the national discourse with comity and mutual respect. As a nation, we have been blessed with presidents who have called on the greatness of the American spirit. With the nation so divided, resentful and angry, presidential leadership in qualities of character is indispensable. And it is in this province where the incumbent’s shortfall has been most glaring."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opin...acter-falls-short/ar-BBRHc58?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Agree or disagree the our newly-elected Republican Senator?

Isn't Romney the evil rich bigot who wanted to throw black people back in chains?

Reactions: UCFWayne

"To a great degree, a presidency shapes the public character of the nation. A president should unite us and inspire us to follow “our better angels.” A president should demonstrate the essential qualities of honesty and integrity, and elevate the national discourse with comity and mutual respect. As a nation, we have been blessed with presidents who have called on the greatness of the American spirit. With the nation so divided, resentful and angry, presidential leadership in qualities of character is indispensable. And it is in this province where the incumbent’s shortfall has been most glaring."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/opinions-mitt-romney-the-president-shapes-the-public-character-of-the-nation-trump’s-character-falls-short/ar-BBRHc58?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Romney is a snake..

So Romney's concerns about character are met with.....personal attacks? Ironically, Mitt was expressing concern that our President's behavior is shaping the public character of our nation.

The responses to this thread appear to substantiate that.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/opinions-mitt-romney-the-president-shapes-the-public-character-of-the-nation-trump’s-character-falls-short/ar-BBRHc58?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Looking back, I would have reversed my whole thought process to have ROMNEY in as compared to the liar in chief.

So Romney's concerns about character are met with.....personal attacks? Ironically, Mitt was expressing concern that our President's behavior is shaping the public character of our nation.

The responses to this thread appear to substantiate that.

It's not a personal attack, you idiot. I referenced, quite literally, what your precious previous Vice President said about Romney in 2012. You pathetic left wing blowhards were all in to label Romney as an evil racist and now you're patting him on the ass, simply because he's critical of Trump.

Kindly STFU. You cheered when Biden disgustingly labeled Romney as a racist; don't try to parade around as a Romney fan now, hypocrite.

Love it. The irony is amazing. The angriest, most disgusting person on this board who personally attacks everyone who points out the gaping flaws in his arguments claims he didn't attack someone, with a personal attack. You can't make this shit up.

My advice is “don’t feed the animals” Ninja. He’s not worth your time. The little toadie troll lives for this type of reaction.

He apparently doesn’t have the intelligence to engage in real discussions, so trolling is his only way of “contributing” to this board. I find it amusing that he apparently doesn’t have a clue that his troll posts are saying more about him and his immaturity than it does about his targets. So my advice is to leave him be and let him continue to have his “fun.”

Reactions: NinjaKnight
My advice is “don’t feed the animals” Ninja. He’s not worth your time. The little toadie troll lives for this type of reaction.

He apparently doesn’t have the intelligence to engage in real discussions, so trolling is his only way of “contributing” to this board. I find it amusing that he apparently doesn’t have a clue that his troll posts are saying more about him and his immaturity than it does about his targets. So my advice is to leave him be and let him continue to have his “fun.”

lol! This coming from the guy who labeled Fab as a racist, lied about why he did it, then utterly ran away when asked to at least apologize for being a liar.

And OF COURSE you're buds with Ninja. You too are a perfect pair - you are the delusion to match his hate. It's perfect.

Reactions: fabknight
You know, it is quite possible to have your standards either raised or lowered depending on what you've experienced up to that point. Some people may be wilfully hypocritical while others just have new perspective.

In any event, character and decency should matter a great deal. There are far too many weak sheep in this country for it not to matter. People can come to their own conclusions with where we are now.

You know, it is quite possible to have your standards either raised or lowered depending on what you've experienced up to that point. Some people may be wilfully hypocritical while others just have new perspective.

In any event, character and decency should matter a great deal. There are far too many weak sheep in this country for it not to matter. People can come to their own conclusions with where we are now.

The guy who made this thread, cheerleading Romney's comments on Trump and patting Romney on the ass, quite literally has repeatedly called others here a "racist" based upon invented comments and has outright lied about people to do this. There is a thread still going where I am requesting that he answer for this, and he refuses to even read it. And in fact, many people on this board have done the same thing for years now and continue to do so.

Which is the context of my response here. @DaShuckster was absolutely one of the people cheering in 2012 when Vice President Biden directly stated that Mitt Romney wanted to put black people back in chains. He was painted as an evil racist and bigot in the most unambiguous terms, by people who now claim to love him simply because he's sniping at Trump. Their hate for Romney is simply exceeded by their obsessive hate for Trump.

As for Romney himself, I respect him a ton. It's why I ignored the idiots calls him a racist and voted for him in 2012. He can say whatever he thinks needs to be said as a respected now Senator. He skewered Trump prior to the election and yet still reached out to find ways to work with him after. He's a true American statesman and cares about doing the right thing.

I'm simply rolling my eyes at the left wingers that are "sharing" Romney's comments on their pages when if you just roll back to 2012, these same people were calling the guy every heinous thing in the book. And nothing materially changed. Romney hasn't changed. These people haven't really changed. It's just a way to fuel TDS.

i dont like donald trump the man, but i like the results hes gotten as the president. romney sounds like a sore loser to me.

It's funny. Growing up I enjoyed reading history and often wondered to myself how ordinary, God-fearing people could slavishly follow some of the world's most vile, disgusting, and, in some cases, downright evil leaders.

Back then, I naively thought it could still happen in backwards 'third world' countries but assumed our society was way too smart to ever allow it to happen here. I was wrong.

It's funny. Growing up I enjoyed reading history and often wondered to myself how ordinary, God-fearing people could slavishly follow some of the world's most vile, disgusting, and, in some cases, downright evil leaders.

Back then, I naively thought it could still happen in backwards 'third world' countries but assumed our society was way too smart to ever allow it to happen here. I was wrong.

Wish I could like this twice. Its terrifying how people have no problem with Trump's insane disgusting policies and viewpoints.

i guess in that time you were reading history, you missed china building massive walls over some extreme terrain. spoiler alert, the wall was effective.

If Romney hadn't said it, or if nobody here had heard it, would anything have changed? Everybody would still have their boogeyman that they have to attack. If he had said the opposite, would it have changed anybody's opinion about anyone?

If the Pope supports something you aren't in favor of, he's just another heretic. If he codemns it, its proof that your opinion is valid. Romney condemns something you dislike and it validates your opinion of that thing. He supports it and you were right all along about him being a villain. So big frigging whoop.

There is no moral authority on anything that supersedes a preconceived notion. We all respect our own opinion more than anything else and nothing can change it if we don't allow it to. Acting like something outside of our own paradigm is important enough to validate or change our opinions is just delusion unless we can actually be honest and objective, which almost nobody is capable of in politics. So its always just the same old same old whenever anything happens or is said and in the rare case that someone changes their mind they are immediately called a hypocrite. Ironically, people are more likely to be praised for being consistent even when they are consistently wrong than they are for being pragmatic and open minded. Whatever I guess. Its human nature to be resistant to change but the reactions to the people who do only galvanizes them and closes off any productive dialogue.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Romney: "Our president lacks the character to be President."

Trump: "Perhaps, but you lacked the votes to be President."

Love it. The irony is amazing. The angriest, most disgusting person on this board who personally attacks everyone who points out the gaping flaws in his arguments claims he didn't attack someone, with a personal attack.

You can't make this shit up.
simply amazing........the madness writes itself!!

Once upon a time, the wild & crazy, off-the-wall rhetoric you'd have to stomach were all blowhard political rants from cesspools like this one.

Now it's your basic nightly news reporting on our President.

Once upon a time, the wild & crazy, off-the-wall rhetoric you'd have to stomach were all blowhard political rants from cesspools like this one.

Now it's your basic nightly news reporting on our President.

It’d be less of a cesspool if we didn’t have delusional, nutbag liberals running around, calling others racist and lying about why they did while peddling invented narratives.

Just sayin

It’d be less of a cesspool if we didn’t have delusional, nutbag liberals running around, calling others racist and lying about why they did while peddling invented narratives.

Just sayin

I love how you hold a random dude on an internet message board to a higher standard of morality than the president of the United States of America.

Just sayin

Thank goodness nobody else here resorts to any lowlife name-calling!!!! It'd REALLY be a cesspool then, huh?

Thank goodness nobody else here resorts to any lowlife name-calling!!!! It'd REALLY be a cesspool then, huh?

Its really amazing that 85 isn't smart enough to catch on to his own hypocrisy. He is literally calling you names in the very same sentence that he is whining about you calling other people names. Its incredible. He is the dumbest piece of shit on this board, and that is saying something.

Me calling you a nutbag in jest is far less offensive than you calling Fab a racist, with lies, in earnest honesty. I know you like to run away from that thread but it really speaks volumes about your supposed "morality" that you love to talk about so much. But meh, continue on being a little nutbag left wing zealot.

ADVERTISEMENT