ADVERTISEMENT

Roster Changes -- Bentavious Thompson

akhenaten

Five-Star Recruit
Sep 15, 2006
It looks like they updated the roster and I don't see Bentavious Thompson on there.

Also missing are Kendrick Wilson (DL - R-Fr) and Zyin Thomas (DL - Fr).

Reactions: Knight Strength
Is the most experience in the backfield now T. Coles who had 33 carries in 2019, and Mark Anthony Richards with 20 carries last year and then Johnny Richardson with 11 carries last year?

Bentavious I think had more carries in 2020 then all the of the other RBs career numbers combined.

Girlfriend or simply frustrated over the fact that he waited for this to be his big year and the new staff has something else in mind ??? Him stepping out would give him another year somewhere else considering the new rules for the transfer portal, correct? The RB position is stacked with talent like the WR position right now. He could immediately be successful at a program like FIU / FAU if he transfers there.

Is the most experience in the backfield now T. Coles who had 33 carries in 2019, and Mark Anthony Richards with 20 carries last year and then Johnny Richardson with 11 carries last year?

Bentavious I think had more carries in 2020 then all the of the other RBs career numbers combined.
He was RB1 coming into spring but RJ and Johnnie looked good and reports were that it was a competition coming out of spring ball. Add the transfers and it changed from being RB1 to a battle for playing time. Good for UCF and hopefully Beno will land on his feet (at UCF preferably).

Reactions: Yaes
Makes guys like Credle have the right idea. Don't battle adversity, jump ship instead of wasting time.
At the end of the day it's all about playing time. If you don't play, you can't make the NFL. You have a better chance making the NFL as a 4 year starter at FAU than riding the bench for 4 years at Alabama.

Where it gets tricky is the middle ground, how can I balance being on the best team I can get on, and play as much as possible.

If Beno doesn't start this year, then he knows his career is over right now.

That's a shame...I personally felt like beno didn't get enough touches in Heupel's predictable inside runs with 160-170lb backs.
Was looking forward to how he would work in Gus' offense.....fortunate that we have a lot of talent in that position -- unfortunate for Beno.

That's a shame...I personally felt like beno didn't get enough touches in Heupel's predictable inside runs with 160-170lb backs.
Was looking forward to how he would work in Gus' offense.....fortunate that we have a lot of talent in that position -- unfortunate for Beno.
agree

It stinks to lose him. I was expecting a big year from him. Could we jump back in the portal to fill a roster spot at RB or another position of need with him leaving?

every time he got a snap I asked why isn’t he playing more ..seemed to be better vs more talented DLines compared to our other RBs but the sample size was never large enough

Reactions: U C to the F
It stinks to lose him. I was expecting a big year from him. Could we jump back in the portal to fill a roster spot at RB or another position of need with him leaving?
We already brought in 2 from Transfer at RB plus have another 2 or 3 that could get touches. We don’t need anymore RBs.

every time he got a snap I asked why isn’t he playing more ..seemed to be better vs more talented DLines compared to our other RBs but the sample size was never large enough
I said the same thing. He was so productive in every rep, few and far between. He should have been utilized way more, but that’s Huepel for you.

I’m willing to bet he got into it with new coaching staff more than a domestic thing. MAR and Bowser getting 1 and 2 right from start is not encouraging for a guy that’s been here a while.
Huh?

Beno was #1 all Spring as MAR nor Bowser were on campus and Beno was "kicked out" before Fall Camp even started.

Heck ..MAR isn't even healthy enough to participate in full contact just yet.

Maybe next time...don't make up lies when you post.

We already brought in 2 from Transfer at RB plus have another 2 or 3 that could get touches. We don’t need anymore RBs.
I also mentioned another position of need. Defense could always use depth or whatever the coaches decide. Didn’t Mike Hughes end up being a late addition to the 2017 roster and had a huge impact on that amazing season?

Huh?

Beno was #1 all Spring as MAR nor Bowser were on campus and Beno was "kicked out" before Fall Camp even started.

Who said Spring? I said right from start. MAR and Bowser have been hiding in dorms while on campus? Let’s see who is 1 and 2 when games start. The players have an idea who the coaches like without an official roster being released. Most coaching staffs lean towards their players.

Doesn't exactly sound like RB depth is in good shape at all.

No Bentavious, MAR on restricted practice because of health, leaving only Bowser to lead.

One of the knocks on Bowser was that he was injury prone since 2019. He averaged below 4 yards a carry after his foot injury in 2019 that had him miss half a season.

25I. BowserRB6-1225Sidney, OH
33T. ColesRB5-8170Orlando, FL
22D. GoodRB5-11185Orlando, FL
44R. HarveyRB5-8195Orlando, FL
6M. RichardsRB6-1215Wellington, FL
25J. RichardsonRB5-7170Lake Wales, FL
20A. WilliamsRB6-0215Altamonte
Uconn can list 6 rbs with comparable sizes. Does that mean their RB depth is in great shape.

The lack of experience and one of the primary guys being dinged up leaves a lot of questions marks.

Reminds me of last year when there was defensive sit outs for covid and the response was that the team was so deep with talent. No reason to be concerned.

Reactions: Asphalt.Jungle
Uconn can list 6 rbs with comparable sizes. Does that mean their RB depth is in great shape.

The lack of experience and one of the primary guys being dinged up leaves a lot of questions marks.

Reminds me of last year when there was defensive sit outs for covid and the response was that the team was so deep with talent. No reason to be concerned.
Ok let’s say we didn’t get MAR and Bowser. Just BT and the others you say suck. Wouldn’t people still be excited because of 1 guy? We have at least 2 now plus the rest. MAR will probably be good in 4 weeks. Trillion may not be but once he’s healthy that’s another guy to add that didn’t play last year. Good and Richardson averaged about 6.0 per carry as backups. Only as good as line anyways.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Huh?

Wait so what happened to Beno?

ADVERTISEMENT