ADVERTISEMENT

Roster Changes -- Bentavious Thompson

Hippo polished that turd of a situation as best he could. Mack was not a good QB and he was thrust into a situation against a team with a talent advantage at every position. It’s a wonder we lost by just a touchdown. There is a reason why Mack never started a game after that. There is a reason he was the 127th rated QB at ODU last year.
He stopped giving the ball to Greg McCrae

He stopped giving the ball to Greg McCrae
Exactly. He was averaging almost 9 yards a carry, only gave him like 8 or 9 carries all game if I remember correctly.
Regardless of what Mack didn’t do, one of the main reasons that we lost that game, was abandoning the running game. Heupel tried to force feed the passing game with Mack against Dave Aranda’s defense designed to shut him down. That strategy was later documented

Nobody could stop McCrae in 2018 and LSU didn’t either. 10 carries for 81 yards and made Devon White look bad on a 30+ yard TD. Otis was effective as well. In the end, LSU wore down our defense. Typical Heupel game. We run the ball and we win. We were up on them! In all my years of watching UCF football and going to games, this one hurt a lot. Top 3-5 loss for me personally.

Reactions: U C to the F
That’s unfair - it was more than just him. Our line was terrible at blocking, the defense couldn’t get off the field on third down, and we had a couple drops that we needed.
Correct... And remember we had a 4th down celebration penalty that extended an LSU drive and gave them a touchdown. And we lost by a touchdown.

It looks like they updated the roster and I don't see Bentavious Thompson on there.

Also missing are Kendrick Wilson (DL - R-Fr) and Zyin Thomas (DL - Fr).
Bentavious had a lot of talent but like many young kids found it difficult to keep his emotions in check. I was hoping he would get some help and associate more with positive role models. The people you associate with can really shape your personality...especially at a young age.

Bentavious had a lot of talent but like many young kids found it difficult to keep his emotions in check. I was hoping he would get some help and associate more with positive role models. The people you associate with can really shape your personality...especially at a young age.
Why do you think he couldn't keep his emotions in check?

He played backup for 3 years, had zero on/off field issues, and left after Gus brought in 3 RB transfers.

Why do you think he couldn't keep his emotions in check?

He played backup for 3 years, had zero on/off field issues, and left after Gus brought in 3 RB transfers.
Why did Gus bring in 3 more running backs? Maybe he knew something we don't know. Maybe he just wanted the competition. Maybe Gus wanted depth in case of injuries. Bentavious wasn't the first person that this happened to. If Bentavious wasn't being treated fairly in his mind then he has to express himself in a constructive manner and if that fails transfer. I hope he plays again.

Why did Gus bring in 3 more running backs? Maybe he knew something we don't know. Maybe he just wanted the competition. Maybe Gus wanted depth in case of injuries. Bentavious wasn't the first person that this happened to. If Bentavious wasn't being treated fairly in his mind then he has to express himself in a constructive manner and if that fails transfer. I hope he plays again.
Beno has always weighed from 190-195 over the last two to three seasons. Gus likes backs from 215-225 lbs as his feature backs. So he brought in Bowser, MAR and recruited the new frosh from ATL, all of whom better fit the size of a preferred Gus RB.

Regardless of whether this was the only factor or not, Bentavious was always a supportive team player who I believe never complained. He was a program plus on and off the field. I wish him nothing but success in his future.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT