ADVERTISEMENT

RPO

BennyZ

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2003
So I know there has been a lot of discussion on play calling and DG vs Mack but here is my take/questions.

First I am not trying to push any QB controversy I think DG has earned the starting job and should remain as the starter unless he either gets injured or struggles greatly, which he has not done yet.

A lot of people including myself where concerned with a lot of runs up the middle which seem to go no where much of the time and I thought this was the play calling, but then Mack came in the second half last week. Mack pulled the ball frequently and either ran himself or threw shorter passes, so my question is was the same RPO play being called for DG in the first half and he just chose to hand it off more frequently. If so, what is Mack reading in the defense that is telling him to pull the ball and keep it instead of handing it off? Are the coaches telling DG not to run as much and telling Mack to run, if so I think it takes away a big part of what makes RPO effective. My guess is that DG is a freshman and just needs more reps to learn how to read the Defenses better.

All of this "Super" analysis does have the caveat that I have never actually played the game myself and do not have the in depth knowledge that some of the other poster on here do. So I am curious to hear what others thoughts are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News