ADVERTISEMENT

Rumored Contract Extension Numbers

Poolside Knight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Apr 2, 2007
that probably hasn't been signed

3 Million Next Season
5 Million a Year the next 2 years after

What might be more important is the buyout number that goes with that. If he does bolt during a new contract we need to bleed some P5 pretty badly. UF already set that bar by paying CSU 8 million dollars.
I said it before. Buyouts need to start out at least 20 million...whether its Frost or a new coach...with a slide after four or five years. We give the coach an opportunity to establish their vision, if programs come knocking because our coach has a 11 game win streak, they pay the buyout.

I said it before. Buyouts need to start out at least 20 million...whether its Frost or a new coach...with a slide after four or five years. We give the coach an opportunity to establish their vision, if programs come knocking because our coach has a 11 game win streak, they pay the buyout.
Be careful with that. If a coach agrees to the university holding him for $20M, he most likely wants his own $20M coverage against the university; UCF can't afford that. I have great trust in DW to hire good coaches at good terms.

Bad deal for us if the coach doesn't work out. Buyouts are a double edged sword.

How do we get 5 million? Student fees about to go up.

No...student fees are not going to go up. Think about it.

UCF's athletic budget was over $50 million for the last year that was reported (I believe USA Today publishes the numbers for all public schools each year). $3M for next year would only be about a $700K raise. Then each raise after that would be around $400K - $665K.
  • Chances are there are a few boosters who have pledged some additional cash for Scott Frost if he stays.

• UCF's student population will grown by 7,000 - 10,000 when the downtown campus opens, resulting in more money for student fees without raising the amount of the fee per student.

• If Frost stays, you KNOW that we will sell more season tickets and single game tickets next year.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
that probably hasn't been signed

3 Million Next Season
5 Million a Year the next 2 years after

Those are the numbers I was referring to when talking about UCF's BIG offer to Frost. Several P5's pay less than $3M right now. The rapid rise to $5M wold pull him ahead of probably at least a dozen more P5's.

Many in the Dungeon questioned how we would be able to afford it until we talked it out.

Bad deal for us if the coach doesn't work out. Buyouts are a double edged sword.
Thats why eliminate or reduce it after 4 years. Im not saying keep it forever. Its fair to the coach who wants to build their team and needs time.
Our program has been known as being fair and patient to coaches anyways! Frost wouldve been here at least 3 or 4 years if this phenomena didnt occur.

if he's going to Nebraska it's going to leak before the Conference Championship game which is really shitty for our Players and Program

you should prob join the dungeon ;)
giphy.gif

Reactions: Chrisiskingx
if he's going to Nebraska it's going to leak before the Conference Championship game which is really shitty for our Players and Program
Some slightly bigger names than Lars Anderson are now suggesting "done deal" to Nebraska. What constitutes a "leak" at this point may be semantics.

UCF is basically saying that they’ll match Nebraska’s offer. I think Frost stays. There is a lot of commitment to Scott at UCF.

Reactions: JAFFX2
Great work UCF! P5 dollars for SF to stay in Orlando....at least UCF showing there metal. If SF still goes then you can be sure UCF gets a top notch HC now. Proof is there now that UCF winning snowballs to entire school and town.

too many reports now that deal was done awhile ago....be very very surprised if he stays. One good thing out of all this is UCF now showed it hand that it is willing to spend P5 money for HC. Sumlin? Chizik? Kiffen? Helfrich? And improve Walters contract as well.

Reactions: Lurky
If Frost doesn't sign UCF's extension by tomorrow, he's as good as gone, imo. It's time to start looking elsewhere.

Reactions: clmssun
too many reports now that deal was done awhile ago....be very very surprised if he stays. One good thing out of all this is UCF now showed it hand that it is willing to spend P5 money for HC. Sumlin? Chizik? Kiffen? Helfrich? And improve Walters contract as well.
No to all of those. We want someone young and hungry who had called plays for a spread or zone read offense before. Toledo’s coach is at the top of the list

Ain’t mattering as we are starting pay to frost at about 6 million a year and going up from there.

They are willing to spend and UCF knows the cost of money. You guys will be getting a good coach for what your willing to pay 3-5 million a year IMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT