ADVERTISEMENT

Russia is close to invading Ukraine

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004

@chemmie. This is probably going to be the trigger we've been talking about that will bring on the economic collapse.

I feel bad for anybody that's dumped money into Bitcoin. The EMP is going to wipe the servers that hold their investment.

Thank God I thought ahead and stocked up on gorilla tape and Doritos. I'm probably gonna fill my bathtub up tonight so I have a store of fresh drinking water as well.

If putin would just go into gamestop stores instead of streaming games, the world would be a better place.
Putin has nothing to do with this. Clearly this is a situation where Iran is heavy into GME and Israel is shorting the hell out of it. That's why they keep attacking each others freight ships.

There are a lot of peculiar things going on with the market right now, too: Warren Buffett selling a large chunk of stocks. Large shorts on IXG, global banking ETF...
Things are certainly getting weird.

There are a lot of peculiar things going on with the market right now, too: Warren Buffett selling a large chunk of stocks. Large shorts on IXG, global banking ETF...
Things are certainly getting weird.
Buffet has been making some interesting moves for about 6 months. There's definitely a lot of repositioning going on.

JP Morgan just announces a $13 Billion bond sale. Whoa. Very bearish.

JP Morgan just announces a $13 Billion bond sale. Whoa. Very bearish.
Hold on. They are selling off that level of bonds 2 days after banks reported the most profitable quarter in history?
I'm gonna have to look into this a little bit more, but if that's true it isn't bearish, it's evacuation.

Holy crap. Between JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs its expected to be upwards of 26 billion. Either they both have a major liquidity issue and the FED has told them that the cheap money is coming to an end, or they are preparing for a total collapse and want the funds to reinvest at the bottom.

Reactions: chemmie
Holy crap. Between JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs its expected to be upwards of 26 billion. Either they both have a major liquidity issue and the FED has told them that the cheap money is coming to an end, or they are preparing for a total collapse and want the funds to reinvest at the bottom.
Certainly another flag. Been a lot of them recently.

Certainly another flag. Been a lot of them recently.
The biggest flag to me is that nothing affects the stock market. An attack on the capital, riots all over the place, hedge funds collapsing, Iran/Israel bombing each others ships, Russia positioning troops for a Ukrainian invasion, China lobbing missles over Taiwan, Sri Lanka essentially defaulting on their currency, all of the stuff at the border..........the market doesn't react. For months it's been this way. Are we really to the point where a major war could break out and the bankers really don't even care? No fear of anything? It kind of feels that way.

Reactions: vroomba
The biggest flag to me is that nothing affects the stock market. An attack on the capital, riots all over the place, hedge funds collapsing, Iran/Israel bombing each others ships, Russia positioning troops for a Ukrainian invasion, China lobbing missles over Taiwan, Sri Lanka essentially defaulting on their currency, all of the stuff at the border..........the market doesn't react. For months it's been this way. Are we really to the point where a major war could break out and the bankers really don't even care? No fear of anything? It kind of feels that way.
We've had free money from the Fed for years. So, no

Last edited:
Dogecoin was started as a joke. In 4 months it's gone up in value 500%
It literally can't be used for anything and yet people are willing to give up dollars for it. How could anybody not see that what's happening isn't 1928 on steroids? People are literally buying something that has no value, can't be used to buy anything, and a computer blip could just erase all of it. All based on a joke.

Morgan Stanley lost $911 Million on the Archegos tanking.

One of the interesting sanctions that Biden is putting on Russia is banning US financial investors from buying any Ruble-backed bonds.

We are going to start seeing a lot of currency swaps coming up in the next few months.

Shillers P/E has the market nearing 40. The only time in history it has been this high was at the end of the .com bubble. I guess with all of the predictions of major inflation on the horizon we will have an opportunity to test his model.

Ho Lee Fuk.
Bank of America just opened $15 Billion bond sale. The largest ever for a bank, since JP Morgan's, yesterday.

It is starting.

Ho Lee Fuk.
Bank of America just opened $15 Billion bond sale. The largest ever for a bank, since JP Morgan's, yesterday.

It is starting.
Keep your eyes on DeutscheBank. They will be the first domino to fall.

So BOA made 8.1 billion last quarter, but somehow they need to sell off 15 billion so they can borrow at lower rates. None of that adds up. I'm not buying any of this. This isn't about earnings or interest rates or even liquidity at this point. There is a huge player out there on the verge of collapse and these guys are positioning themselves to swoop in when that happens.

So BOA made 8.1 billion last quarter, but somehow they need to sell off 15 billion so they can borrow at lower rates. None of that adds up. I'm not buying any of this. This isn't about earnings or interest rates or even liquidity at this point. There is a huge player out there on the verge of collapse and these guys are positioning themselves to swoop in when that happens.
Three major banks selling record-breaking amounts of bonds? Something big is about to go down.

...and the fed has already pumped in 0% cash???
I'm starting to think "The Everything Short" might actually be true, and they know these guys have been leverage shorting U.S. Treasuries.
(I posted that link a couple weeks ago. If you didn't read, you should. Not the video, the Reddit post.)

Reactions: Crazyhole
Three major banks selling record-breaking amounts of bonds? Something big is about to go down.

...and the fed has already pumped in 0% cash???
I'm starting to think "The Everything Short" might actually be true, and they know these guys have been leverage shorting U.S. Treasuries.
(I posted that link a couple weeks ago. If you didn't read, you should. Not the video, the Reddit post.)
Wells Fargo did kind of the same thing a few months ago. They divested something like 3 or 4 billion from their bond holdings but still kept a stake. I didn't think much of it at the time, but in retrospect that might have been a bigger deal than anyone realized. Actually now that I think about it, this was around the same time the Pound was at risk of collapsing.

This really is starting to look like a 1929 kind of event and the Banks are now starting to hoard cash. I'm gonna have to think about this a little bit more but I've been saying for a while that we are in a liquidity trap. This could be a situation where the banks really are positioning themselves to buy up huge amounts of assets after the collapse that they're (intentionally) causing.

Hoard cash?
The banks are leveraged out the ass!!! They've done nothing but borrow and speculate on derivatives!

Can we change this thread title to The Doomsday Thread. It is f*cking coming soon. Far too many signals are starting to add up, and even the MSM is starting to catch on.

Hoard cash?
The banks are leveraged out the ass!!! They've done nothing but borrow and speculate on derivatives!

Can we change this thread title to The Doomsday Thread. It is f*cking coming soon. Far too many signals are starting to add up, and even the MSM is starting to catch on.

Biden will save us! He is a fricken demented scientist lawyer, pedophile. politician.
As for Russia invading Ukraine, they are just trying to cut of Biden family's cash flow.

• Haha
That should scare everybody, and it explains the bond liquidation last week.
The vast majority of bailout money over the last year has been thrown into speculation and derivative "investments." The U.S. government is gonna end up bailing out the bail outs!

Reactions: Crazyhole
The vast majority of bailout money over the last year has been thrown into speculation and derivative "investments." The U.S. government is gonna end up bailing out the bail outs!
I dont think they can. We are talking 10s of trillions of dollars.

Personally think its big players trying to artificially squeeze what they can out of the market, so if things hit the fan they can survive on bare minimum.

Keep living in your bubble.

The margin debt chart that you shared concerned me enough to ask my financial consultant about it.

His response to me was this: "while there are always ominous signs out there, most indicators still point to upward mobility for the market. The graph you shared shows the rise in debit balances in brokerage accounts using margin (aka borrowing money to buy shares). I think the reason that margin balances are so high is because people are still confident in the market going higher that they are willing to take on the additional risk of borrowing money in order to purchase additional securities."

The margin debt chart that you shared concerned me enough to ask my financial consultant about it.

His response to me was this: "while there are always ominous signs out there, most indicators still point to upward mobility for the market. The graph you shared shows the rise in debit balances in brokerage accounts using margin (aka borrowing money to buy shares). I think the reason that margin balances are so high is because people are still confident in the market going higher that they are willing to take on the additional risk of borrowing money in order to purchase additional securities."
You just described 1928 to a tee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT