FG% - 13th
3PT% - 14th
OREB - 3rd
REB - 5th

TO - 14th
OPP PTS - 13th
OPP FG% - 11th
OPP TO - 9th

I expect an ugly game in Manhattan today, with both teams finishing the game in the 60's. Kansas State has struggled a bit on offense this year, after losing both star PG Markquis Nowell as well as veteran forward Keyontae Johnson from a year ago. The Wildcats are basically starting over this season, with only guard Cam Carter (16.5 PTS, 5.4 REB) returning from the starting lineup of last year's team that made the Elite Eight.

UCF must:
-Attempt to stop PG Tylor Perry: 15.0 PTS, 5.4 AST, 3.2 REB

Kansas State's most efficient and dangerous offensive player transferred to the Big 12 this season from North Texas. He was the Player of the Year in Conference USA last season (17.3 PTS, 41% 3PT%). Perry scored at least 20 points in four of KSU's first seven games, but has been relatively quiet since. UCF's defense is going to have to key on Perry all night and keep him from going off.
-Win the rebounding battle
UCF (4th) and Kansas State (5th) both rank inside the top-five in the Big 12 rebounding the basketball. The Wildcats especially thrive on the offensive glass (14.2), ranking third in the conference. Get a body on Arthur Kaluma (Creighton transfer) and David N'Guessan (6-9 forward) and do your best to limit Kansas State's second chance opportunities.

Final Score prediction
I think UCF holds their own in this game, their first Big 12 contest on the road in a tough environment. I'm not sure Kansas State is explosive enough on offense right now to run away from UCF. With a home-court advantage, and a slight advantage on the boards, I think Kansas State wins a close contest, final 66-62.

I do think UCF is the much deeper team today. They’re going to play 9-10 guys in their rotation, and really try to impose their defensive intensity/will on the Wildcats. How the game is officiated will be something I’ll be monitoring. If UCF can play physical defense without fouling (marching KSU to the line hurts, their halfcourt offense is not the most efficient nor effective) and hold their own on the boards, I think they can be competitive in this game.

• Haha
Reactions: PositYourself
I do think UCF is the much deeper team today. They’re going to play 9-10 guys in their rotation, and really try to impose their defensive intensity/will on the Wildcats. How the game is officiated will be something I’ll be monitoring. If UCF can play physical defense without fouling (marching KSU to the line hurts, their halfcourt offense is not the most efficient nor effective) and hold their own on the boards, I think they can be competitive in this game.
We had a weak OOC schedule and should have won at least 1 or maybe 2 more games. So far, we've been a physical team but we lack shooters and, frankly, intelligent leadership. We'll see if Johnny has a game plan that focuses on our strengths and if the light bulb comes on for our top players. It's Showtime, this game is the most important of the season and we need to establish an identity. We'll see...

We had a weak OOC schedule and should have won at least 1 or maybe 2 more games. So far, we've been a physical team but we lack shooters and, frankly, intelligent leadership. We'll see if Johnny has a game plan that focuses on our strengths and if the light bulb comes on for our top players. It's Showtime, this game is the most important of the season and we need to establish an identity. We'll see...
Identity solidified…we got doubled-up 50-25.

giphy.gif
Tik Tok Terry

Identity solidified…we got doubled-up 50-25.
This team has no clue how to play high level college basketball....out shot, out hustled, out muscled, outsmarted and out coached....unfortunately, Johnny has not improved as a coach and can't compete in this league with good players let alone this group of misfits....we're out of our league.

Well good news is that there’s one team we should have a good chance against… West Virginia seems worse than us this year

take any football recruits before February signing day to see Banchero Downtown over Dawkins ball

I really think we should try and see if Doc Rivers would be interested. He likes Orlando, needs a job and I think could be a hell of a coach.

Reactions: mattropolis
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT