ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Night Reflection

DallasKnight16

Five-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2019
*disclaimer*
This is my first post. I started following UCF after moving to Orlando in 2017. After being in the stands and beating Memphis 40-6 I was hooked. I haven’t gone through the high and lows over numerous year like most of you, but I’m emotionally invested for life. Consider me your Ombudsman
*/disclaimer*

What we just witnessed over the last 2+ years was something most fan bases never get to experience. Consider yourself lucky to be such a part of a magical ride. But guess what? It’s not over.

Today’s loss was a combination of coaching errors and player mistakes. Brutal mistakes and errors that you can’t do when you expect to win every single game. Pitt is a good team that plays hard. They could easily be 3-0 and ranked coming into this game, and won the ACC Coastal last year. Not something to sneeze at.

This game reminded me a lot of last years game at Memphis. We should have lost that game, but 10 makes up for a lot of errors and that showed today. What DG and this team gained today was invaluable. For a true freshman to handle and battle back is something to be proud of and optimistic for the future.

People can debate and argue the play calling or question of the staff, but the reality is Pitt won that game. 2 4th down conversions with the game on the line and they delivered. The resilience UCF showed to even be in this was remarkable.

THIS TEAM IS GOOD. Very good, don’t get it twisted. The most talent they’ve had for the last 3 years. The schedule does not get any easier. Cincy on the road. Temple on the road. Houston. SMU could a real threat in AAC championship. But god damn do I feel good about this team.

The playmakers will continue to make plays and the defense will get shored up. Win out and there will be a NY6 bowl at the end of the tunnel, I can promise you that. It will be interesting to see how this team responds against UCan’t and I’m bullish on the pounding they will deliver.

This team is a pleasure to watch and it’s incredibly exciting to be a part of what ADDW is building. There will be haters and media BS, but no one knows what it’s truly like to be a part of an up and coming program. Enjoy the ride. I know I will

Charge on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News