ADVERTISEMENT

Saturdays Win was incredible

Nautiknight

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
Cullowhee, NC
The first 2 games didn't really tell us who our team was. There was all sorts of concerns regarding KJ and our passing game. Could we count on it and him if things got tight or went sideways . I don't like to say we, as it is really Gus and Company and the team. What "we" think is truly irrelevant.

I have not felt excited about UCF football in earnest since 2018. Sure I go to games and such but Saturday stirred something inside regarding UCF football and this team.

Those young men came together Saturday night in a great away venue, dug down and dug out. They won. They won and never lost composer or hope. They showed Gus and company they had it. They had belief in his system and the mental toughness to see it through. For that alone makes Saturday incredible.

As a fan, alum and season ticket holder I have no clue where the ride will take us over the next 10 weeks . I know this Saturday night made me a believer in our Knights. When the chips are down they will have it.

I pondered the question today driving around town. What would have been better to dominate the entire game and come out with a victory or win like they did? Each has it merits. Win decisively and you show the world you can steam roll people, but does it build character ? Adversity builds character even in defeat. Win like they did builds chemistry . It builds a belief when things go sideways in life and on the field you can overcome it.

Saturday's win was incredible because those guys came together and built a team forged through fire. They won't panic in other hostile venues if and when things don't go well. They have faith in one another and trust their coach.

Football is mental as much as it is physical. Those guys from where I sit truly experienced something great. I think this victory will carry them in the tough weeks ahead. It's the launching pad to potentially something very special this season.
GKCO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.