ADVERTISEMENT

Saudi’s Killed Jounalist

Ace of Knights

Silver Knight
Sep 6, 2009
So a Washington Post journalist walks into the Saudi consulate in Turkey to get papers so he can marry his fiancée.

And they killed him because he’s been critical of the Crown Prince.

And Turkey apparently has the audio and visual evidence to prove it.

Reactions: UCFBS
You'd think that assassinating a journalist negative of his rule -- AT A SAUDI EMBASSY no less -- would be far too risky to have ever been considered.

But Saudi Arabia's ruler knew he had our President in his back pocket so who gives a f**k. The guy knows he can basically do anything without suffering any consequences from the United States.

And anyone who still believes the myth that Trump is "the great negotiator" needs to explain to us the brilliance of our President's assurances to the press yesterday that Saudi Arabia's action wouldn't impact in any way our arms deal with them. Say WHAT??!!?!? One would think that our arms deal would be the best negotiating tool we had available.

this is utterly insane. if this is true, and it looks like it is, then trump needs to do something serious about this.

So a Washington Post journalist walks into the Saudi consulate in Turkey to get papers so he can marry his fiancée.

And they killed him because he’s been critical of the Crown Prince.

And Turkey apparently has the audio and visual evidence to prove it.
Not just killed him. I thought I read that they dismembered him and shipped the body back in pieces. That's a serious statement right there.

trump just got turkey to release one of their hostages back to us. turkey is working with our gov on this killing. i wonder if we see a shift back being more friendly now.

Certainly not our Government--which is why the Saudis had the balls to do it.
I don't know. Now that we're not as reliant on Saudi oil the leverage is a bit different. This is also the kind of statement that Trump seems to relish making.

Reactions: UCFWayne
turkey is working with our gov on this killing. i wonder if we see a shift back being more friendly now.

On one hand, the Turkish Government is proclaiming they have "proof" of the journalist's torture and death. If so, this is a surprisingly bold move by Turkey who had had -- at least up to now -- a friendly economic relationship with the Saudis.

On the other hand, in the face of this gruesome story, Trump said our relationship with Saudi Arabia is "excellent." His comments on the subject yesterday were beyond disgusting. The US has had more than its fair share of foreign policy mistakes over the years but at least they were usually based on American values.

On one hand, the Turkish Government is proclaiming they have "proof" of the journalist's torture and death. If so, this is a surprisingly bold move by Turkey who had had -- at least up to now -- a friendly economic relationship with the Saudis.

On the other hand, in the face of this gruesome story, Trump said our relationship with Saudi Arabia is "excellent." His comments on the subject yesterday were beyond disgusting. The US has had more than its fair share of foreign policy mistakes over the years but at least they were usually based on American values.
You haven't learned to take whatever he says coming out of those things with a grain of salt. You hear "excellent" and you think it means that we're both profiting and super-friendly and we agree with everything they're doing. I guarantee you that's not what Trump means by his answer. As he has demonstrated in a number of other foreign affairs cases, he will come out from a meeting with glowing comments in the press but they are playing hardball behind the scenes. It can be very effective because it allows the foreign entity to present a public face that is favorable to them regardless of what really happens.

As he has demonstrated in a number of other foreign affairs cases, he will come out from a meeting with glowing comments in the press but they are playing hardball behind the scenes.

Pray tell, in what bizarro alternative world is this Trump administration 'hard-ball' happening?

Is it with Russia? North Korea? The Phillipines? Saudi Arabia?

Pray tell, in what bizarro alternative world is this Trump administration 'hard-ball' happening?

alot of people seemed to think north korea was our biggest threat a year ago. what changed since then? oh yea that summit happened...
everyone seems to think trump is russias puppet but he has put the hardest sanctions on them vs any president ever.
didnt realize we had problems with the phillipines.
then all those trade deals with countries that were laughing at us but we got better deals anyways....
gotten numerous political prisoners freed.
are they all perfect no, but better than they were before. im sure if trump does something against saudi arabia no credit will be given.

the 92% negative news coverage of trump seems to have worked on you.

alot of people seemed to think north korea was our biggest threat a year ago. what changed since then? oh yea that summit happened...

Yes it did. Tell us all what has changed since last year?

the 92% negative news coverage of trump seems to have worked on you.

If you honestly believe the North Korea summit was a huge success and NK is planning to get rid of its nukes anytime now, apparently Fox News fawning coverage has worked its magic on you.

Yes it did. Tell us all what has changed since last year?

If you honestly believe the North Korea summit was a huge success and NK is planning to get rid of its nukes anytime now, apparently Fox News fawning coverage has worked its magic on you.
is nk still one of the biggest threats? i dont remember hearing anything about it since then. im sure the msm would love to make the 92% negative coverage 93%. i know there were some reports of them not fully cooperating but havent heard much. we had a massive thread on nk. it hasnt be updated in a long time. why not share any new developments?

is nk still one of the biggest threats? i dont remember hearing anything about it since then. im sure the msm would love to make the 92% negative coverage 93%. i know there were some reports of them not fully cooperating but havent heard much. we had a massive thread on nk. it hasnt be updated in a long time. why not share any new developments?

They’re still a threat. I’ve never thought they’re our greatest threat. They’ll never denuclearize willingly. It is what it is.

They’re still a threat. I’ve never thought they’re our greatest threat. They’ll never denuclearize willingly. It is what it is.
i doubt they will either, but we are in a better diplomatic spot with them than has ever been in the past. yet no one will give him credit for getting to the negotiation table in the first place. as if mr nobel peace prize winning obama was able to do a better job.

i doubt they will either, but we are in a better diplomatic spot with them than has ever been in the past. yet no one will give him credit for getting to the negotiation table in the first place. as if mr nobel peace prize winning obama was able to do a better job.

I disagree with you here. I don’t think we’re in a better spot than we ever have been. It’s less newsworthy and Trump isn’t throwing verbal jabs at them. But they haven’t given up anything. I guess we just say thanks for the remains and take it from there.

I’ll give credit where it’s due though. They got the American pastor back. And it seems like the Turkish want to get in America’s good graces again thus the info regarding the journalist. But Erdogan is a dictator and Turkey is becoming less democratic daily under him. And I’m not knowledgeable enough to know their beef with the Saudi’s.

This is a difficult situation. I want Trump and America to show strength here. Making a statement saying this will not be tolerated. But I don’t know what that is but it’s not worth violence. But at the same time I’m skeptical anything will be done “openly” because Trump and his comments calling the media the enemy of the people. It will probably happen covertly and we’ll never know anything. Which unfortunately makes us look weak to those looking for American leadership.

I disagree with you here. I don’t think we’re in a better spot than we ever have been. It’s less newsworthy and Trump isn’t throwing verbal jabs at them. But they haven’t given up anything. I guess we just say thanks for the remains and take it from there.

I’ll give credit where it’s due though. They got the American pastor back. And it seems like the Turkish want to get in America’s good graces again thus the info regarding the journalist. But Erdogan is a dictator and Turkey is becoming less democratic daily under him. And I’m not knowledgeable enough to know their beef with the Saudi’s.

This is a difficult situation. I want Trump and America to show strength here. Making a statement saying this will not be tolerated. But I don’t know what that is but it’s not worth violence. But at the same time I’m skeptical anything will be done “openly” because Trump and his comments calling the media the enemy of the people. It will probably happen covertly and we’ll never know anything. Which unfortunately makes us look weak to those looking for American leadership.
how long have we and sk been technically at war with nk? no president has ever meet with nk leader ever. hell nk/sk leaders have only met a handful of times before trumps summit. not much has changed but there at least seems to be dialog going on. thats better than the open threats that went on in the past.

yea i dont trust turkey or erdogan either because you are right, hes essentially a dictator now. weve had good dealings with the saudis going back awhile now. idk if anything will really happen, but i hope trump does something concrete. of course there were those russian killings in england and nothing was done then either. maybe hell show a back bone this time.

Doesn't seem like this is our business. We aren't supposed to be nationalists but for some reason the left thinks we should cut ties with every country that does something we don't like. China, Cuba, Iran, and Venezuala have done much worse than this but I don't remember anybody on the left asking for retribution.

I'm going to disagree with you. The North and South Koreans have been making progress at de-escalating the conflict. They've begun the process of removing mines in the JSA and have vowed to remove all military presence by the end of the month. There's another site where they are removing mines to finally allow the return of remains from the war. This is the start of the process outlined in the summit.

Believe what you will, but the people I know over there feel like the tides are changing.

I'm going to disagree with you. The North and South Koreans have been making progress at de-escalating the conflict. They've begun the process of removing mines in the JSA and have vowed to remove all military presence by the end of the month. There's another site where they are removing mines to finally allow the return of remains from the war. This is the start of the process outlined in the summit.

Believe what you will, but the people I know over there feel like the tides are changing.
i thought i read this somewhere awhile back, but i think theyve allowed for family members to meet in the middle for the first time ever.

I just did a search and I can't find one Western leader who has come right out and blamed the Saudis outright for this - yet. And yet some people here expect that Trump should be on TV calling MBS a murderer and declaring that our relationship is over. Oh boy.

I'm going to bet this was a bungled kidnap attempt which isn't much better, but the fact that this happened in Turkey raises my eyebrows. Erdogan is a guy who has rounded up his own critics for 2 years and absolutely hates the Saudi royal family. He wants to be the de facto Sunni Muslim leader in the world and views MBS as a threat to that.

The fact that the impossibly tight lipped Turkish Intelligence services were soooooooooo willing to leak everything they have to the media seems suspect to me. Including how they spy on foreign diplomats on their own soil! Maybe they just really want to twist a knife in the Saudi back. Maybe there's much more to this bizzare story.

If this does prove out to be the Saudis then MBS is truly the dumbest monarch in maybe the last 100 years in KSA. It will almost assure that relations with the US come to a standstill for some time.

Pray tell, in what bizzaro world does threatening to wipe a regime off the map not count as hard ball? As Trump did in NK which ultimately brought them to the negotiating table, which is why we now have direct talks, which is why they haven't even attempted a missile test in 9 months.

This is a huge, multiparty test of allies for Trump.
We'll see what happens ...

Trump vowed severe punishment for the Saudi’s if investigations prove they are responsible . Waiting for the anti trumpets to change course and say he’s an idiot for doing what they’ve been calling for him to do

Last edited:
Trump vowed severe punishment for the Saudi’s if investigations price they are responsible . Waiting for the anti trumpets to change course and say he’s an idiot for doing what they’ve been calling for him to do

He insisted on waiting until there are hard facts to corroborate these allegations. A key component of due process that many in America want to destroy and do away with.

He insisted on waiting until there are hard facts to corroborate these allegations. A key component of due process that many in America want to destroy and do away with.
That's because we have a large group of people who have had every emotion validated from birth and are now ruled by their emotions. And they're not accustomed to waiting for things either. Put those two together and we've raised a generation that is ripe for mob rule.

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
Trump just put Pompeo on a plane to personally grill King Salman in Riyadh over this.

A step no other western nation has taken thus far.

But, Trump is clearly not taking this seriously.

is nk still one of the biggest threats? i dont remember hearing anything about it since then.

This is a prime example of the 'dumbing down' of American diplomacy. Instead of getting nukes away from a power-thirsty dictator, we now gauge success by "not hearing much about it" other than Trump is "in love" with the guy. Yay, us!!! Things are SO MUCH BETTER now!!!! [eyeroll]

This is a prime example of the 'dumbing down' of American diplomacy. Instead of getting nukes away from a power-thirsty dictator, we now gauge success by "not hearing much about it" other than Trump is "in love" with the guy. Yay, us!!! Things are SO MUCH BETTER now!!!! [eyeroll]

Am I crazy or weren’t the greatest advancements in their nuke program done during the Obama years?

Oh yes- that’s exactly right.

Once again you’re arguing in your own fantasy land

Am I crazy or weren’t the greatest advancements in their nuke program done during the Obama years?

LOL Your lame spins are usually not worthy of my time but for the sake of historical accuracy, North Korea gained access to nuclear technology in the late 1990s and conducted its first nuclear bomb test in October of 2006. In April of 2009 it was reported by numerous sources that North Korea had become a 'full-fledged nuclear power.'

It's pretty amazing what North Korea accomplished in the first three months of the Obama Administration, right? :)

LOL Your lame spins are usually not worthy of my time but for the sake of historical accuracy, North Korea gained access to nuclear technology in the late 1990s and conducted its first nuclear bomb test in October of 2006. In April of 2009 it was reported by numerous sources that North Korea had become a 'full-fledged nuclear power.'

It's pretty amazing what North Korea accomplished in the first three months of the Obama Administration, right? :)

How's the air up there in Fantasy Land? Fact: NK's program yielded more powerful bombs, more tests, and a massively and rapidly expanded ICBM program under Obama's watch. So much so that his pathetic Director of National Intelliegence ended their Admin by saying asking NK to de-nuke at that point was "pointless".

2016[edit]
  • 6 January: North Korea conducts its fourth nuclear test. Although the government claims it to be its first hydrogen bomb,[80] the claim was met with significant skepticism.
  • 6 July: A high-level DPRK Government spokesman’s statement was made defining a more precise meaning of "denuclearization", as covering the whole Korean peninsula and its vicinity, signalling a willingness to continue negotiations on the topic.[81]
  • 9 September: North Korea conducts its fifth underground nuclear test. With an estimate yield of over 10kt, it would make it the most powerful North Korean nuclear test thus far.[82]
  • 26 October: United States Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said during a speech that persuading North Korea to abandon its program is "probably a lost cause" since, to North Korea, it was "their ticket to survival" and any discussions about ending their nuclear ambitions would be a "non-starter".[83]

How's the air up there in Fantasy Land? Fact: NK's program yielded more powerful bombs, more tests, and a massively and rapidly expanded ICBM program under Obama's watch. So much so that his pathetic Director of National Intelliegence ended their Admin by saying asking NK to de-nuke at that point was "pointless".

2016[edit]
  • 6 January: North Korea conducts its fourth nuclear test. Although the government claims it to be its first hydrogen bomb,[80] the claim was met with significant skepticism.
  • 6 July: A high-level DPRK Government spokesman’s statement was made defining a more precise meaning of "denuclearization", as covering the whole Korean peninsula and its vicinity, signalling a willingness to continue negotiations on the topic.[81]
  • 9 September: North Korea conducts its fifth underground nuclear test. With an estimate yield of over 10kt, it would make it the most powerful North Korean nuclear test thus far.[82]
  • 26 October: United States Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said during a speech that persuading North Korea to abandon its program is "probably a lost cause" since, to North Korea, it was "their ticket to survival" and any discussions about ending their nuclear ambitions would be a "non-starter".[83]
I was actually at Camp Yongsan when Clapper came out with all of that stuff. I remember vividly being in the food court and watching the room full of USFK personnel, families, KATUSAs, and even ROK regulars shaking their heads. Clapper was a damn embarrassment to us all.

Reactions: fabknight
ADVERTISEMENT