ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule release Tuesday at 2pm

Unfortunately, it sounds like the same schedule they were talking about releasing in November (travel to OK, no TX, with Cinci, WVU, OK St, KS St, KS and a few others on our schedule)....if so, what a joke that they held it this long. Oh well, maybe we'll be surprised, but it appears they expect us to walk before we run and just be happy to be here.

I can't believe some are actually COMPLAINING about our FIRST Big 12 schedule. We're in the freaking Big 12!!! How about simply being grateful that we're finally, permanently, Power 5 instead of finding SOMETHING to complain about?! No more ECUs, Temples, and Tulsas on the schedule every year!

TMO pulled his strings to get himself 2 trips to Kansas instead of to get us a home game against Texas or OU. /s

TMO pulled his strings to get himself 2 trips to Kansas instead of to get us a home game against Texas or OU. /s
You seriously think he pulled strings to go to Kansas twice in same season? It would be better for him to go there once every year if he really wanted to go there. Next season he won’t go at all. New ADs don’t have pull on schedules.

Reactions: connerito
You seriously think he pulled strings to go to Kansas twice in same season? It would be better for him to go there once every year if he really wanted to go there. Next season he won’t go at all. New ADs don’t have pull on schedules.
the /s was hopefully to indicate sarcasm.

Reactions: Wings0fred
I’m not complaining a bit about the schedule, so excited to play Big12. If I had a gripe though, it would only 2 things…4 home games vs 5 away. With 9 conference games, it’s going to be uneven, hopefully every other year is the cycle. And then a small one b/c we play Cinci and Houston, would rather only one of them and play someone new. However, this is probably an advantage to play them, most likely weaker/easier than the other established P5 recruiting Big12 teams.

Meh schedule. Oklahoma away ffs. Both Houston and Cinci on the schedule (at the very least change Houston for BYU). Thx for nothing, commish.
Ohhh and two away games to Kansas lol, wow I missed that one! Man I would not be surprised at this point if those are back to back trips to Kansas, talk about little to no fans traveling to that second away Kansas game.

Go ahead and say what you want about me, complainer...blah blah blah, look regardless I'm grateful/happy to be going to the B12 as much as anyone else but geez don't lie to yourselves, have enough cojones call a spade a spade. This schedule is lackluster and dull. Commish clearly did us no favors, and not saying he should, have but calling it what it is.

I can't believe some are actually COMPLAINING about our FIRST Big 12 schedule. We're in the freaking Big 12!!! How about simply being grateful that we're finally, permanently, Power 5 instead of finding SOMETHING to complain about?! No more ECUs, Temples, and Tulsas on the schedule every year!
We have series losing records vs ECU and Tulsa. We have had some good years but tons of bad and very bad years too

I would have much rather have been around the Texas and TCU fanbases but avoiding them makes our regular season schedule a little easier. Kansas has probably the worst football away atmosphere of the incumbent schools but still better than all of the AAC

I would have much rather have been around the Texas and TCU fanbases but avoiding them makes our regular season schedule a little easier. Kansas has probably the worst football away atmosphere of the incumbent schools but still better than all of the AAC
ECU has a better environment, so does Memphis. Hell so does USF when the Knights pack Ray-Jay, hahaha!!!

Reactions: KnightLife1
They are not"making" the new teams play each other. W could have stayed in the AAC and avoided being one of the new teams, and then also avoided going to Kansas, for those who are complaining about that as well. We swapped New Orleans, Tampa and Memphis for Kansas and Oklahoma. But we got what most of your asked for so don't complain.

And guess what? With the expansion to twelve teams, we also just bought ourselves a tougher path the CFP playoffs. But no need to complain about that either.

It's looking like we're now just like Mr. Frost who felt the grass is always greener where the money is greener. I guess we'll see about that.

Bottom line, for those who wanted this conference and all that comes with it, SHUT UP cause you got what you asked for!

They are not"making" the new teams play each other. W could have stayed in the AAC and avoided being one of the new teams, and then also avoided going to Kansas, for those who are complaining about that as well. We swapped New Orleans, Tampa and Memphis for Kansas and Oklahoma. But we got what most of your asked for so don't complain.

And guess what? With the expansion to twelve teams, we also just bought ourselves a tougher path the CFP playoffs. But no need to complain about that either.

It's looking like we're now just like Mr. Frost who felt the grass is always greener where the money is greener. I guess we'll see about that.

Bottom line, for those who wanted this conference and all that comes with it, SHUT UP cause you got what you asked for!
I'm not complaining at all. I think this schedule looks good for our first year. We get to play one of OU/Texas which is better than none as well.

I was actually gonna say that you guys can always go play FAU and Charlotte. Be grateful that you have a P5 schedule.

I'm sure everybody will fine when the Fall gets here.

the complaining is relative . ofcourse we are happy we aren’t in USF’s position w Home and away games vs North Texas & UAB. But really wanting Texas before they bolt is expected..Home would have been full circle bc they opened our OCS, Away would have been an opportunity for a weekend in Austin

the complaining is relative . ofcourse we are happy we aren’t in USF’s position w Home and away games vs North Texas & UAB. But really wanting Texas before they bolt is expected..Home would have been full circle bc they opened our OCS, Away would have been an opportunity for a weekend in Austin
We did Home and Home with Texas. It was the final game on the 2 for 1 that UT cancelled.

Looks like we are trying to push Houston for the rivalry game. Does this become the Space Game??

Reactions: SimpleJack53
everyone keeps saying Cinci or Houston as the conference is rival but I think West Virginia has potential to be one. And their fanbase travels. It may remind their fans of the Big East days when they played Uwcf

ADVERTISEMENT