ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule release Tuesday at 2pm

Yep...the same schedule that I heard in Nov....Terry did zippo to improve it...as the only new member not to host either TX or OK, I give him a C-....and those of you who say we should be happy with this....well....no we shouldn't. It's time we put on our big boy pants and that includes Tik Tok Terry.
Exactly what I'm talking about. Calling out a bad schedule (relative to other newcomers) does not mean I'm ungrateful or unhappy that UCF is finally playing in the B12 next year, but damn it, call it out, call out a bad schedule. Call out Tik Tok Terry and Commish that gave us a crap sandwich schedule:

Facts
- Houston/BYU/Cincy ALL host OU or Texas (UCF does not)
- Houston/Cincy both play their first B12 game at HOME (UCF/BYU do not)
- Houston/Cinci play 5 B12 games at home (4 away), UCF/BYU only play 4 Big12 games home (5 away)
- UCF plays the defending B12 champion Away in their first B12 game...nice setup, Terry/Commish..

Rankings of newcomer's schedule
#1-2 Cinci and Houston come out on top by far (almost equally) by hosting Texas or OU, first B12 game at home, and more Home than Away conference games
#3 BYU slight edge since they also host either Texas and OU at home
#4 UCF gets nothing

Why are you guys happy to play Houston over Cinci as the rivals? Why be rivals with an nonunique Texas team #4 instead of the sole Ohio team which we already had a rivalry with, that even Fickell acknowledged?

Reactions: Oldest Man
UCF stands for University of Complaining Fans...

I like the schedule. Some cool matchups. Don't see duh*bulls anywhere on there. Temple or Tulsa, ECU Who?!? Buh-Bye to them...

Instead we playing last year's Big12 Champ K-State. Baylor and WVU come to Orlando. Get revenge game (don't really know why it's revenge game) Oklahoma. Oklahoma State is always good and they in Orlando.

Fun schedule. Yes, would want to host Texas but there are only so many weekends and games played. Maybe in 2024.

The two trips to Kansas are a little trippy, but overall I like it.

Now we gotta win!

UCF stands for University of Complaining Fans...

I like the schedule. Some cool matchups. Don't see duh*bulls anywhere on there. Temple or Tulsa, ECU Who?!? Buh-Bye to them...

Instead we playing last year's Big12 Champ K-State. Baylor and WVU come to Orlando. Get revenge game (don't really know why it's revenge game) Oklahoma. Oklahoma State is always good and they in Orlando.

Fun schedule. Yes, would want to host Texas but there are only so many weekends and games played. Maybe in 2024.

The two trips to Kansas are a little trippy, but overall I like it.

Now we gotta win!
Yep...but we'll have a lot of complainers complaining about complainers....and they're just happy to be here...guess what, we were "here" months ago. We shouldn't be happy to be treated like the 4th of 4 new entrants. Maybe this will light a fire under Gus and the team but I'd also like someone to light a fire under Terry's fanny.

However, UCF is the only team that doesn't have back to back conference road games. UCF didn't get a flashy draw and also not a tough draw.

Not sure what people are expecting out of Mohajir in this, Oklahoma and Texas still bring the most money even with there foot out the door. UCF has a lot to prove, and we know that's not going to happen in basketball.

Yep...but we'll have a lot of complainers complaining about complainers....and they're just happy to be here...guess what, we were "here" months ago. We shouldn't be happy to be treated like the 4th of 4 new entrants. Maybe this will light a fire under Gus and the team but I'd also like someone to light a fire under Terry's fanny.
it is is exactly how we are being treated. I am grateful that we got in but our performance lately obviously isn’t getting the respect of Yormack. Houston was average at Football but they make up for it w what their Basketball Program just did.

It should be a wake up call to get our act together and not have this ‘give him 7 years’ acceptance of mediocrity feeling that is starting to creep into our fanbase

Last edited:
I can’t complain until at least next year. Hope we get 5 home and those that got 5 this year get 4 next year. Plus alternate home and away with who is on this schedule.

Reactions: PhDee
Give me some insight here because I wanna see your side but having a hard time:

1. How could Terry have changed our schedule? I'd like to know what you expected him to do.
2. How are we not respected by Yormark?
3. How are we treated as 4th new member of 4?

So far all this is anecdotal.

1. How could Terry have changed our schedule? I'd like to know what you expected him to do.

Please read the posts before you comment about the posts....and Terry needed to fight for his fans. That's my biggest disappointment.

Facts
- Houston/Cinci play 5 B12 games at home (4 away), UCF/BYU only play 4 Big12 games home (5 away)
- UCF plays the defending B12 champion Away in their first B12 game...nice setup, Terry/Commish..

#1-2 Cinci and Houston come out on top by far (almost equally) by hosting Texas or OU, first B12 game at home, and more Home than Away conference games
#4 UCF gets nothing

1. He couldn't have.
2. We are.
3. We're not.

UCF fans are cry-baby, me-me-me retards.

Big 12 luv

I'm not buying into the whole no-respect thing, but objectively the inaugural Big 12 schedule could've been much better for us.

According to a post I saw on another forum. Houston, Cincinnati, and BYU will all play 1 weekday conference game. Mohajir better get on the phone to complain that UCF isn't included.

• Haha
Reactions: Wings0fred
I’m actually happy we get KU away. Lawrence and KC are both really fun cities and some of the best cities to visit in the Big 12

the replies to this tweet have a lot of advice for anyone considering going to the Kansas State game

Yep...the same schedule that I heard in Nov....Terry did zippo to improve it...as the only new member not to host either TX or OK, I give him a C-....and those of you who say we should be happy with this....well....no we shouldn't. It's time we put on our big boy pants and that includes Tik Tok Terry.
Tx and Ok can kiss my *#@. If they don't like XII then Good riddance!

Word on the street is that UT and OU threw a fit about having to play a road game at all 4 new schools as originally planned, so as a compromise UCF was the odd man out. Take this with an extreme grain of salt because I have no confirmation. Just hearsay.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
First I don’t think Terry had anything to do with the schedule. That is generally made up from the office of the conference. Secondly this is as favorable a schedule as you can imagine. We miss out on some of the big hitters in the conference. Thirdly one who concentrates and focuses on a singular subject/topic usually doesn’t recognize the full picture.

Look for a successful introduction in the big 12 next year

everyone keeps saying Cinci or Houston as the conference is rival but I think West Virginia has potential to be one. And their fanbase travels. It may remind their fans of the Big East days when they played Uwcf
Agreed. They would be geography wise the biggest rival. There was a day when half of West Virginia’s roster was from South Florida.

Reactions: Willie Knightime
Oklahoma plays SMU, Tulsa, Cincinnati, and UCF. Are they in the AAC now
Half that list is who they have scheduled out of conference - local easy wins just like we do (see FIU, FA&M, and in the future maybe USF.) Not sure I get your point.

First I don’t think Terry had anything to do with the schedule. That is generally made up from the office of the conference. Secondly this is as favorable a schedule as you can imagine. We miss out on some of the big hitters in the conference. Thirdly one who concentrates and focuses on a singular subject/topic usually doesn’t recognize the full picture.

Look for a successful introduction in the big 12 next year
Please read the posts before you comment about the posts....and Terry needed to fight for his fans. That's my biggest disappointment.

Facts

#4 UCF gets nothing

Reactions: Guinness_Knight

Facts

#4 UCF gets nothing
Again you failed to recognize that commissioner‘s office sets the schedule. Every one cannot be accommodated, nor do I think that UCFs schedule is bad I bet you if I were the other three new members they would be somewhat envious of our schedule. I have talked to head coaches from other P5 conferences, and they are very favoring of UCF schedule. It actually sets up good in another circumstance we will get more home games next year after we get our feet wet this year.

Your infatuation with the TikTok as to ones fathering, strays from your observation of reality. I have never questioned ones fandom, especially of the team that I support and played for. That being said a blindness is difficult not to expose

If all teams are still in the Conference, you should be right....but remember, TX and OU may be SEC bound before 2025.
Texas and Oklahoma both only play 4 home conference games every year since their game is at a neutral site.

The fanbase has a chip on their shoulder forever. UCF could make the playoffs and they will talk about they got an unfair seed and even if they win they will talk about how everyone was trying to make them lose.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT