ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule release Tuesday at 2pm

Again you failed to recognize that commissioner‘s office sets the schedule. Every one cannot be accommodated, nor do I think that UCFs schedule is bad I bet you if I were the other three new members they would be somewhat envious of our schedule. I have talked to head coaches from other P5 conferences, and they are very favoring of UCF schedule. It actually sets up good in another circumstance we will get more home games next year after we get our feet wet this year.

Your infatuation with the TikTok as to ones fathering, strays from your observation of reality. I have never questioned ones fandom, especially of the team that I support and played for. That being said a blindness is difficult not to expose
OK, I'll bite....which HC's from other P5 Conferences have you talked to about UCF's schedule that just came out earlier today? You must have a direct pipeline to get them to perform an immediate review and give you a thoughtful (and rapid) response. BTW, the Commissioner works for the Presidents of the B12 schools. Please don't tell me you believe that his office sets the schedule without consulting with the Presidents and their AD's. Terry needs to step up and work for UCF's fan base to ensure we get the best Home Schedule (now and in the future) and not act like we're the 4th of 4 teams being added....

the digs at Terry are bc there isn’t much evidence that he is a good AD here . there was a swagger under Danny White throughout the entire athletic department.

I loved Danny, was a star but he was considered by some to have gotten the job because his father. They were wrong obviously. Danny was a good guy and did a great job. He moved on and we got a guy who I believe has done a real nice job taking over n having to make big moves quickly. I’m seeing a guy with a different style but one who has the same aspirations for UCF and will guide the vessel well, imo. To add the pettiness to argue about a schedule that he does not control is a bit much. Time obviously will tell

OldestMan the BIG

Reactions: KnightLife1
I like the schedule because:
1. Only one game against OK/TX and we avoid '22 CFP finalist TCU. Helps to gradually increase SOS in our year one of B12.
2. No BYU. One trip all the way to the NW (Boise) is enough for one season.
3. BYE is the week before OU. Gives extra time to prepare well for OU and DG.
4. NO road games in successive weeks.
5. Our opener is on a Thursday night. Lots of eyeballs as we start the season. Hopefully we show well 😊
6. After our Thursday opener, we get a long week to prepare for the long trip to Boise.

All in all I think it lays out pretty well for us. If TM had to negotiate for this I say "job well done."

OK, I'll bite....which HC's from other P5 Conferences have you talked to about UCF's schedule that just came out earlier today? You must have a direct pipeline to get them to perform an immediate review and give you a thoughtful (and rapid) response. BTW, the Commissioner works for the Presidents of the B12 schools. Please don't tell me you believe that his office sets the schedule without consulting with the Presidents and their AD's. Terry needs to step up and work for UCF's fan base to ensure we get the best Home Schedule (now and in the future) and not act like we're the 4th of 4 teams being added....
I don't have the specific YouTube readily available but this question has already been directly answered by 365 Sports and the AD of Baylor.

They basically said that computers generally dictate the scheduling process and unless there are huge conflicts stemming from this process.....

now wait for it......

AD's GENERALLY HAVE LITTLE SWAY IN THE PROCESS.

Reactions: connerito
I don't know why people are so mad about not taking a loss from Texas, which is the only team in the league with a top 50 rushing defense.

Fair schedule overall…..still don’t see a lot of wins unless the QB situation is fixed.

Word on the street is that UT and OU threw a fit about having to play a road game at all 4 new schools as originally planned, so as a compromise UCF was the odd man out. Take this with an extreme grain of salt because I have no confirmation. Just hearsay.

So this may actually not be just hearsay. I see UT posters are saying the same thing.

Crazy that they have ANY say in the schedule.

So this may actually not be just hearsay. I see UT posters are saying the same thing.

Will the Texas game be at Reliant? If so, that would explain a lot as it would amount to a home game for Texas.

wonder if UT paid more for this . we all know they love flushing millions down the toilet

the irony is I saw a lot of Texas fans online that wanted to play at UCF.

wonder if UT paid more for this . we all know they love flushing millions down the toilet

the irony is I saw a lot of Texas fans online that wanted to play at UCF.
The first game at the bounce house was against Texas. They probably have good memories coming out with a three point win. Would’ve been nice to change that mood

Will the Texas game be at Reliant? If so, that would explain a lot as it would amount to a home game for Texas.

Nope. Our AD already said that we were offered somewhere in the 8 figures to move the game but we turned it down. He would have been fired had he done it.

Last edited:
Terry bragging about his success with the schedule via having mostly all Saturday games, lol

Terry bragging about his success with the schedule via having mostly all Saturday games, lol
Sounds like all conference games are on Saturday, having games on Thursday/Friday always creates a cluster for the university and reduced attendance. Financially that is way more important than having Texas or Oklahoma come to UCF, unless fans are not planning to show up for the other games and care more to see Texas/Oklahoma.

I wouldn't be surprised if UT was trying to avoid us. They paid us to get off their schedule a couple of years ago. We had a contract in place to play Texas during the 2023 season. https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/os-sp-ucf-texas-20180516-story.html

We've been trying to get them on our schedule for years. Now the only way we can do it is if we are both the top teams.

I'm not shocked that Oklahoma wouldn't want to travel to Florida because their team would be playing in a really hostile environment. I mean socks would be flying all over their bench. Especially when their Defense was on the field.

Sounds like all conference games are on Saturday, having games on Thursday/Friday always creates a cluster for the university and reduced attendance. Financially that is way more important than having Texas or Oklahoma come to UCF, unless fans are not planning to show up for the other games and care more to see Texas/Oklahoma.
Last year I saw Big 12 on weekdays.

Last year I saw Big 12 on weekdays.
This year will have it too, saw a handful, however none of them included UCF. BYU, Cincinnati, Houston all have 1 scheduled either on Thursday or Friday. BYU has 4 home conference games and one of them is on a Friday.

Cincinnati @ BYU - Fri, Sep 29
West Virginia @ Houston - Thu, Oct 12

Last edited:
This year will have it too, saw a handful, however none of them included UCF. BYU, Cincinnati, Houston all have 1 scheduled either on Thursday or Friday. BYU has 4 home conference games and one of them is on a Friday.

Cincinnati @ BYU - Fri, Sep 29
West Virginia @ Houston - Thu, Oct 12
I don’t mind Fridays. I don’t have work the next day.

Texas Tech fan here. First, welcome to the Big 12. Second, just be glad you are only in the Big 12 with UT and OU for a year. Third, be equally glad Bowsbly is no longer the Commissioner.

UT and OU, with Bowlsbly as Commissioner, was given every advantage—including unequal revenue sharing—for the past 10 years. If you have questions about UT / OU (e.g OUT) feel free to ask.

With respect to the schedule, you will probably play a Thursday night game every 4/5 years. No real set in stone schedule. I can think of 3 games in the last 10 years where we have played on a Thursday night that wasn’t Thanksgiving.

IDK how the American worked, but you will not know kick times until 2 weeks before the game, and the networks have 2 or 3 different 6 day windows—meaning you won’t know the kick time until the Sunday before the game. Also, kick times will be random. Fox views the 11:00 (Noon EST) kick as their primary spot. ESPN will spread it out. Also, if you don’t have ESPN+, go ahead and get a sub. You will have at least one game on ESPN+. Bottom line: The networks control everything about your schedule after it has been announced. That’s just the business of football now.

Looking at your schedule, if you go to Norman, have low expectations, and expect them to not be met.

I am obviously biased towards Texas Tech. Your trip to Lubbock may have either 70 degrees or 6 inches of snow. Some schools tailgate for a hobby. We tailgate for a living. Just show up at any tailgate, and you will have beer, bourbon, whiskey, margaritas, tacos, brisket, burgers, brats, You will be surrounded by music, games, and good times.

Plenty of time to get into the football aspect, but it is big boy football, and you guys will only add to the brand. I look forward to learning about your program, traditions, history, etc. Congrats on joining the Big 12.

Texas Tech fan here. First, welcome to the Big 12. Second, just be glad you are only in the Big 12 with UT and OU for a year. Third, be equally glad Bowsbly is no longer the Commissioner.

UT and OU, with Bowlsbly as Commissioner, was given every advantage—including unequal revenue sharing—for the past 10 years. If you have questions about UT / OU (e.g OUT) feel free to ask.

With respect to the schedule, you will probably play a Thursday night game every 4/5 years. No real set in stone schedule. I can think of 3 games in the last 10 years where we have played on a Thursday night that wasn’t Thanksgiving.

IDK how the American worked, but you will not know kick times until 2 weeks before the game, and the networks have 2 or 3 different 6 day windows—meaning you won’t know the kick time until the Sunday before the game. Also, kick times will be random. Fox views the 11:00 (Noon EST) kick as their primary spot. ESPN will spread it out. Also, if you don’t have ESPN+, go ahead and get a sub. You will have at least one game on ESPN+. Bottom line: The networks control everything about your schedule after it has been announced. That’s just the business of football now.

Looking at your schedule, if you go to Norman, have low expectations, and expect them to not be met.

I am obviously biased towards Texas Tech. Your trip to Lubbock may have either 70 degrees or 6 inches of snow. Some schools tailgate for a hobby. We tailgate for a living. Just show up at any tailgate, and you will have beer, bourbon, whiskey, margaritas, tacos, brisket, burgers, brats, You will be surrounded by music, games, and good times.

Plenty of time to get into the football aspect, but it is big boy football, and you guys will only add to the brand. I look forward to learning about your program, traditions, history, etc. Congrats on joining the Big 12.
Same as AAC.

Reactions: connerito

One of my favorite posts I've read since coming to this board. Insightful, and not attacking anyone.

Looking forward to tailgating with you in Lubbock, Matador!!

Texas and OU most likely staying for the 2024. like that Yormack didn’t cave

Potentially the best possible news for UCF since 2024 will be three (four including midyear transfers) cycles of Gus recruits in Orlando. The Knights will likely host Oklahoma along with four other conference games. 2024 is shaping up to be a huge year for UCF football.

Reactions: Matador96
UT and OU would leave tomorrow if the buyout wasn’t so big. (At one point it was $81M for each school).

UT has that money in the cushions of it’s couch. OU is getting hammered with debt. UT offered to pay OU’s exit fees. OU declined. Too much pride.

FOX is the hold up on this. They are trying to work out some things in future years, and this is another tactic to generate leverage.

It’s 50/50 if they are in the Big 12 or SEC. They finally got the shaft from the conference schedule wise. For example, Texas going to Houston, OU playing 3 of the new 4. (Playing you guys was beneath them.) Rumor is the basketball schedule will be brutal, travel wise. Not being the darlings of the Conference Office will take it’s toll. When….who knows.

I’m going to assume they are not in next year until the schedule comes out.

Potentially the best possible news for UCF since 2024 will be three (four including midyear transfers) cycles of Gus recruits in Orlando. The Knights will likely host Oklahoma along with four other conference games. 2024 is shaping up to be a huge year for UCF football.
Thank you. Look forward to hosting you guys at a tailgate.

Last edited:
it’s crazy how much online engagement there is w all the fanbases in the Big 12. on Twitter in the AAC it was UCF w a massive presence then like 3 usf fans and 1 Tulane fan pretty much

Reactions: Matador96
it is is exactly how we are being treated. I am grateful that we got in but our performance lately obviously isn’t getting the respect of Yormack. Houston was average at Football but they make up for it w what their Basketball Program just did.

It should be a wake up call to get our act together and not have this ‘give him 7 years’ acceptance of mediocrity feeling that is starting to creep into our fanbase
We just exploded in recruiting. Sure, 54 teams did it better. But didn’t you hear we signed our highest rated player of all time.

We just exploded in recruiting. Sure, 54 teams did it better. But didn’t you hear we signed our highest rated player of all time.
When a kicker and long snapper are being included it’s going to weigh down the class

We beat out UF, Ohio State, Miami etc for Walker

Flipped Nixon from UF and he was heavily recruited by LSU late too

Kept Marshall from flipping to Auburn late

Got Andrew Harris back who blew up during the all stars games

Have added three former top 150 players in the portal and have a few more spots left too. It was a good class

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT