ADVERTISEMENT

School Shooting - Coral Springs

UCFWayne

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2011
Casselberry
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...ter-marjory-stoneman-high-20180214-story.html

At least 20 people have been injured in a shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Coral Springs, Florida. Live news coverage shows numerous people being put into ambulances and a triage area set up. It remains an active shooter situation.

Police are advising on Twitter that people should avoid the neighborhood, and teachers in the locked down school to remain barricaded inside until officers reach them.

There are 3,208 children in grades 9 — 12 enrolled at the school.

I thought you were for following the law - no matter your opinion?

It's the governments job to enforce the laws on the books. If a pissed off parent or cop wants to drop this asshole then go right ahead. It doesn't mean there won't be repercussions for those actions.

School officials should have conceal and carry rights.. If qualified to do so. All security officers at school should be armed..

and better yet, after the fact, dont mention their name. dont give them the infamy they desire
Every journalist 65+ has been preaching that, and to focus on the victims, first responders and heros instead.

is it time to have a serious discussion about gun reform? Not a gun ban. Not an attack on 2nd amendment rights. Leave the gun lobbyists out of it. We have a lot of smart people in this country, I think we can come up with a real solution if we tried. Giving more people guns at the school may be the end result but I don't think thats the best option

is it time to have a serious discussion about gun reform? Not a gun ban. Not an attack on 2nd amendment rights. Leave the gun lobbyists out of it. We have a lot of smart people in this country, I think we can come up with a real solution if we tried. Giving more people guns at the school may be the end result but I don't think thats the best option
Stop politicizing tragedies. This isn't the time or place to talk about this. Maybe you can talk about ways to fix this event after the next mass slaughter.

Stop politicizing tragedies. This isn't the time or place to talk about this. Maybe you can talk about ways to fix this event after the next mass slaughter.
I do get the sarcasm because after any shooting the libs scream for gun control and after any shooting by a brown person the repubs scream for immigration control but im really wondering when will enough be enough that as a country we address this problem?

We tried thoughts. We tried prayers. Kids are dead.

Get rid of these ****ing guns before it's your child with a bullet in their head.

School officials should have conceal and carry rights.. If qualified to do so. All security officers at school should be armed..

I feel like there typically are a few armed officers at Public High Schools - especially large ones like this. There were at mine. However - they're massive - someone can do a lot of damage real quick.

I do get the sarcasm because after any shooting the libs scream for gun control and after any shooting by a brown person the repubs scream for immigration control but im really wondering when will enough be enough that as a country we address this problem?
Dozens of kids were slaughtered in elementary school. And this country as a whole chose to do nothing. We made our bed.

That's not possible until we have a congress with term limits.

Ahhh, the "more guns are not the solution," argument.

It's simple ... ask police officers what will work. They will tell you ... and the US media won't like it. ;)

Oh wait, Police One did that after the CT shooting. And then the police fraternities mobilized both the NRA and USCCA and took that national ...

And, well, the US media changed the message and demonized it. ;)

So ... same situation all over again.

I feel like there typically are a few armed officers at Public High Schools - especially large ones like this. There were at mine. However - they're massive - someone can do a lot of damage real quick.
How much damage can you do without a gun?

This HS has outdoor hallways between buildings so hopefully that helped people get away.

Ahhh, the "more guns are not the solution," argument.

It's simple ... ask police officers what will work. They will tell you ... and the US media won't like it. ;)

Oh wait, Police One did that after the CT shooting. And then the police fraternities mobilized both the NRA and USCCA and took that national ...

And, well, the US media changed the message and demonized it. ;)

So ... same situation all over again.
Police officers can't even control themselves from shooting unarmed black people and you expect us to believe they know what is best when it comes to guns?

We're the only civilized country in the world where this crap happens, and it is because we're the only civilized country in the world with dumb redneck gun nuts who give money to the NRA to buy our politicians.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Police officers can't even control themselves from shooting unarmed black people and you expect us to believe they know what is best when it comes to guns?
And chemmie goes with the common, Progressive argument.

That police officers don't deal with violence, and aren't the authorities on situations of violence, and that they are the last people to ask. Sigh ...

Chemmie, the typical Progressive like yourself knows 1/10,000th as much about gun violence than the typical police officer, federal law enforcement officer (take your pick, ATF, FBI, INS, etc...) and others.

Yes, they are the experts. And a lot of them are NRA and/or USCCA members too.

We're the only civilized country in the world where this crap happens,
And yet another, common, Progressive argument ... that's dead wrong.

Beyond per-capita, the biggest issue is that in the EU, suicide is not a 'gun crime.' That then eliminates 70% of US gun deaths that the EU doesn't mark as the same. The statistics start to get really, really interesting after that.

Then we can visit Sweeden and Switzerland, who can have higher per-capita rates than the US. They are rifle heavy cultures too. And we can go on and on about that.

All the meanwhile ... the biggest factor for mass shootings is right there in the media ... guaranteed infamy. This goes back to Manson, and the '68 NFA changes that only proved naysayers in the NRA correct, against the NRA leadership who supported it.

The NRA changed after that. No longer was the NRA going to sign in new gun legislation, and they started to fight it. And then mass ignorance followed.

and it is because we're the only civilized country in the world with dumb redneck gun nuts who give money to the NRA to buy our politicians.
So it's only 'dumb redneck gun nuts' that join the NRA, USCCA and others?

So ... what you're saying is that only 'dumb redneck cops' join the NRA, USCCA and others, correct?

Wanna swap the second amendment for Roe v Wade?
No! Both are equally important civil rights in this country!

And this is what really pisses me off as a freedom-loving Libertarian ... because the right cannot get Roe v. Wade overturned, and because the left cannot get the 2nd Amendment overturned, because a supermajority of Americans support both ... they play games. They purposely play games to undermine our civil rights, totally against the spirit of our civil liberties.

A true test of a Libertarian is to see this truth ... that games like 'closing loopholes' and 'lists' and even 'waiting periods' are just ways to prevent people from exercising their civil liberties and do nothing to stop anything.

It's not the NRA (or USCCA) or Planned Parenthood that are the problem ... it's the fact that a supermajority of Americans support them! Stop trying to use the government to undermine your fellow Americans and respect their views.

Yeah screw that guy who took a bullet in the head for Reagan, the former conservative god. He and his foundation he helped to create is really just dumb and they don't know what they're talking about.

What we're doing now is clearly working and nothing needs to be done.

Yeah screw that guy who took a bullet in the head for Reagan, the former conservative god. He and his foundation he helped to create is really just dumb and they don't know what they're talking about.

What we're doing now is clearly working and nothing needs to be done.

The process for repealing and/or adding an amendment is very clear. Instead of faux raging on a message board maybe you should try doing something.

And chemmie goes with the common, Progressive argument.

That police officers don't deal with violence, and aren't the authorities on situations of violence, and that they are the last people to ask. Sigh ...

Chemmie, the typical Progressive like yourself knows 1/10,000th as much about gun violence than the typical police officer, federal law enforcement officer (take your pick, ATF, FBI, INS, etc...) and others.

Yes, they are the experts. And a lot of them are NRA and/or USCCA members too.

And yet another, common, Progressive argument ... that's dead wrong.

Beyond per-capita, the biggest issue is that in the EU, suicide is not a 'gun crime.' That then eliminates 70% of US gun deaths that the EU doesn't mark as the same. The statistics start to get really, really interesting after that.

Then we can visit Sweeden and Switzerland, who can have higher per-capita rates than the US. They are rifle heavy cultures too. And we can go on and on about that.

All the meanwhile ... the biggest factor for mass shootings is right there in the media ... guaranteed infamy. This goes back to Manson, and the '68 NFA changes that only proved naysayers in the NRA correct, against the NRA leadership who supported it.

The NRA changed after that. No longer was the NRA going to sign in new gun legislation, and they started to fight it. And then mass ignorance followed.

So it's only 'dumb redneck gun nuts' that join the NRA, USCCA and others?

So ... what you're saying is that only 'dumb redneck cops' join the NRA, USCCA and others, correct?
tl;dr.

Sweeden (sic) and Switzerland have extremely heavy gun regulation, moron. They have guns, but they are trained to use them, have to keep them locked up (in many cases, at a facility and not at home,) have to renew their training regularly, have to demonstrate proficiency regularly, blah, blah, blah...

When you use Sweeden (sic) or Switzerland as an example, you show everyone that you're an idiot.

The process for repealing and/or adding an amendment is very clear. Instead of faux raging on a message board maybe you should try doing something.
Didn't Reagan pass some gun laws himself? Both as governor and President? Neither of those required a constitutional amendment. There are also other existing regulations such as the NFA that do not have constitutional amendments accompanying them.

Didn't Reagan pass some gun laws himself? Both as governor and President? Neither of those required a constitutional amendment. There are also other existing regulations such as the NFA that do not have constitutional amendments accompanying them.

It's even easier to pass those.

Killing children doesn't drive the conversation, libtards do.

US is an embarrassment on the world stage once again when it comes to mass shootings. I don’t have a solution, but all sides need to come up with something better than status quo and wait for the next one.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
US is an embarrassment on the world stage once again when it comes to mass shootings. I don’t have a solution, but all sides need to come up with something better than status quo and wait for the next one.
There is no room for compromise with one side says hey maybe we should start with mental health, domestic abusers, violent criminals, extended mags or silencers and the other side says even discussing it is tyranny.

ADVERTISEMENT