ADVERTISEMENT

School Shooting - Coral Springs

You are the poster child everything that’s wrong here pal .
Not really, Billybob. We're the only westernized country in the world with this problem, but we also have gun ownership rates more than 5-times more than most other comparable countries. I'd say the gun-toting rednecks and the politicians they elect who refuse to do anything about it, are what is wrong.

There is no room for compromise with one side says hey maybe we should start with mental health, domestic abusers, violent criminals, extended mags or silencers and the other side says even discussing it is tyranny.
Okay, that's just total BS. As much as I'm pro-choice, I hate it when other pro-choice people say the same thing about every pro-lifer.

Yes, it's true that most "gun safety" people are like the "pro-life" people. They aren't there to discuss logical restrictions, but to enact laws that make it impossible for law abiding citizens to exercise their rights, under the guise of "safety."

But you're talking a small subset of the pro-ownership crowd that does that, just like the subset of pro-choice people do. And pro-ownership and pro-choice Libertarians like me tell those people to sit at the back of the bus and shut-up.

BTW, mental health is bi-partisan. The problem is that states like California used it to confiscate all firearms from extended families with anyone who had taken a long set of drugs that aren't even remotely high-risk for suicide or violence against others.

That has been repeatedly ruled Unconstitutional.

There's also the issue that there are enough lawyers willing to be disbarred to put all gun companies out of business. I.e., sue gun companies, lose the lawsuit, lose the appeal, finally bleed the gun companies of money, and then be disbarred by their state after-the-fact.

Small arms is the worst ordinance industry to be in, even for government contracts. And private sales are usually loss leaders for them. They get in with cops and veterans, and they win government contracts as a result.

That's why the mid-'00s federal law exists. As even Bernie Sanders says, "It would be the end of gun manufacturing in the US" if it didn't.

Okay, that's just total BS. As much as I'm pro-choice, I hate it when other pro-choice people say the same thing about every pro-lifer.

Yes, it's true that most "gun safety" people are like the "pro-life" people. They aren't there to discuss logical restrictions, but to enact laws that make it impossible for law abiding citizens to exercise their rights, under the guise of "safety."

But you're talking a small subset of the pro-ownership crowd that does that, just like the subset of pro-choice people do. And pro-ownership and pro-choice Libertarians like me tell those people to sit at the back of the bus and shut-up.

BTW, mental health is bi-partisan. The problem is that states like California used it to confiscate all firearms from extended families with anyone who had taken a long set of drugs that aren't even remotely high-risk for suicide or violence against others.

That has been repeatedly ruled Unconstitutional.

There's also the issue that there are enough lawyers willing to be disbarred to put all gun companies out of business. I.e., sue gun companies, lose the lawsuit, lose the appeal, finally bleed the gun companies of money, and then be disbarred by their state after-the-fact.

Small arms is the worst ordinance industry to be in, even for government contracts. And private sales are usually loss leaders for them. They get in with cops and veterans, and they win government contracts as a result.

That's why the mid-'00s federal law exists. As even Bernie Sanders says, "It would be the end of gun manufacturing in the US" if it didn't.
We can't get a debate in congress. Why can't we ever talk about possible solutions to this? It's because there's a very powerful organization that donates millions of dollars to senators that doesn't want that conversation to happen. I don't care of you all have guns. I trust that you're all probably responsible but this dude was a walking red flag and we don't have the systems in place to identify him.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
We can't get a debate in congress. Why can't we ever talk about possible solutions to this? It's because there's a very powerful organization that donates millions of dollars to senators that doesn't want that conversation to happen. I don't care of you all have guns. I trust that you're all probably responsible but this dude was a walking red flag and we don't have the systems in place to identify him.

Yeap the big meanie NRA had the Democrats on the payroll when they controlled the government with a filibuster proof majority.

How is the NRA any worse than Planned Parenthood?

Reactions: UCFWayne

Maybe we can start killing people with red flags and just label it Late Term Abortion.

The left would be giddy with excitement and approval

Yeap the big meanie NRA had the Democrats on the payroll when they controlled the government with a filibuster proof majority.
How is the NRA any worse than Planned Parenthood?
Same thing. You like planned parenthood?
You mean trusted experts on rifles and female health, respectively?

Seriously. No one talks about the origins of the NRA or Planned Parenthood. In fact, they demonize them, completely out-of-context.

The precursor of the NRA
comes from the same people who helped arm blacks in the south once the Johnson administration rolled back all of the Radical Republican protections. They focused on improving the US shooting team, and within a few years, bested the Irish, then the world's best. The NRA moved on to training everyone on firearms, and even today, their materials are still the #1 trusted for state and other, mandated training for typical certification and permits (although the USCCA is quickly catching up).

When gangsters were mowing people down with .45 ACP SMGs, the NRA was looked to when authoring the '34 NFA. The NRA was trusted once again with the '68 NFA, but there were doubters who -- successfully -- predicted that it would be used in ways never intended. It was only in the '70s that lobbying efforts began, and picked up in '86 and '89, especially with the Anti-Glock Lobby, who the NRA saw "laughed out of the room." The NRA worked with the ACLU and Brady Foundation to pass the Brady Bill, and establish the NCIC.

With the success of the Brady Foundation, the Anti-Glock infiltrated it, and that's when the ACLU and NRA started fighting the Brady Foundation, and the NRA really became even more political. More recently, for those that feel the Brady Foundation is not radical enough, Everytown has been created by billionaire Bloomberg. Countering them, the USCCA has rising from the NRA's failure to address conceal carry and other things. The USCCA is getting major support from major law enforcement organizations as well.

The precursor to Planned Parenthood
was the reality that women had no rights, and no information on birth avoidance. Men, especially husbands, could take a woman, and she had no right to say 'no' to the sex, or otherwise force him to use contraception ... much less had that information. In the slums of immigrants and African Americans, where population booms were horrendous, and kids dying of starvation, the option of sterilization was introduced.

The first, concerted contraception research was developed by early Planned Parenthood supporters, and that information flowed through the organization. They started women's clinics where other aspects of women's health, often poorly understood by even mainstream medicine (dominated by men), were finally being exposed, the relationship between various syndromes and the reproductive system and other issues. Sanger spoke out against abortion, until a safe method could be developed.

It was only when the Communists perfected the vacuum method in the '50s, and when it came to the US by the '60s (well after Sanger), Planned Parenthood adopted it. Then we had all sorts of legal wranglings, until Roe v. Wade.

I think in 10-15 years we are going to look back at the current gun laws as dinosaurs
Meaning? I don't see anything changing, until all legal gun ownership is banned.

When that happens ...
- Gun suicide rates (>20K/year) will be largely eliminated, but total suicides will not change
- Lawful homicides aka "self defense" (~1K/year) will be largely eliminated
- Accidental gun deaths (~500/year) will be cut in half
- Unlawful homicides (~10K/year) will only go down 10%

What will remain are the unlawful homicides by imported/stolen guns, which are what organized crime is responsible for ... nearly 90% of all unlawful homicides today. Yes, only around 1K of unlawful homicides are not organized crime related. Just turn on the TV, Chicago, DC and other cities alone are infested with it, along with border states.

So the US will go from 30-35K gun deaths a year, with over 20K of those being suicides and 10K of those being unlawful homicides, to just over 10K, nearly all of them unlawful homicides.

That's just the reality. Some would call that progress. I call that a nightmare.

Not really, Billybob. We're the only westernized country in the world with this problem, but we also have gun ownership rates more than 5-times more than most other comparable countries. I'd say the gun-toting rednecks and the politicians they elect who refuse to do anything about it, are what is wrong.
You think you are s lot funnier than you are . You are one of the most disrespectful human beings ( and I use that term loosely ) that I’ve ever encountered

You think you are s lot funnier than you are . You are one of the most disrespectful human beings ( and I use that term loosely ) that I’ve ever encountered
Stop being so butthurt, Jimbo. I'm perfectly respectful to people who aren't morons.

Also I'm convinced if we try hard enough, the government can win the war on guns just like it won the war on drugs. Legislation and billions of dollars later illegal drugs are no where to be found...

Chemmie and Ninja come from the same mold. It says a lot about their character and it's truly sad. I personally have way more respect for someone with high character, common human decency, politeness, empathy and respect than anyone without any of those qualities but perceive themselves to be intellectually superior to everyone else.

The open disdain they show for others they view as intellectually inferior is so hypocritical it's crazy. They blast BTK, 85, Wayne, me and you as being racist, homophobic, Islamophobic, xenophobic backwoods redneck trash where in actuality we are not. Much like the true definition of racism where one believes a race is inherently superior to another because of genetics, they believe they are inherently superior to others because of their perceived intellectual superiority. The irony and hypocrisy is staggering.

Chemmie and Ninja come from the same mold. It says a lot about their character and it's truly sad. I personally have way more respect for someone with high character, common human decency, politeness, empathy and respect than anyone without any of those qualities but perceive themselves to be intellectually superior to everyone else.

The open disdain they show for others they view as intellectually inferior is so hypocritical it's crazy. They blast BTK, 85, Wayne, me and you as being racist, homophobic, Islamophobic, xenophobic backwoods redneck trash where in actuality we are not. Much like the true definition of racism where one believes a race is inherently superior to another because of genetics, they believe they are inherently superior to others because of their perceived intellectual superiority. The irony and hypocrisy is staggering.

I think they fall in line with what Ninja already admitted to- they are extremely rage filled individuals that go through life hating those around them, filled with contempt, and therefore use this board to say the heinous, disgusting things that they don’t have the balls to say to the people around them they hate.

There’s then a subtier of leftie posters here that aren’t anywhere near as nasty or hate filled, but still like what those two have to say and enable them.

Nothing says "common human decency" like:

So basically- you’re not only an idiot but a coward sack of shit as well that can’t just man up to his wild, idiotic comments when called out.

and

ok nutjob. I get it- you’re a dumb giant pussy who says stupid shit and runs from it when called out.

You’re agoddamn lunatic. There’s no other way to say it"

And this was just in the last 24 hours. You are such a transparent hypocrite it is pathetic.

and

And this was just in the last 24 hours. You are such a transparent hypocrite it is pathetic.

I reserve that just for you. As I said, you ARE a nutjob. You’re the easily the most desciapble individual on this board. You’re someone who calls others retards and thinks it’s funny.

How much hate and badmouthing do you have for your colleagues today?

Reactions: fabknight
I reserve that just for you. As I said, you ARE a nutjob. You’re the easily the most desciapble individual on this board. You’re someone who calls others retards and thinks it’s funny.

How much hate and badmouthing do you have for your colleagues today?

Damn you whine a lot. Want me to start a list of all the "desciapble" (sic) things you've done? Oh wait I'm not a whiny little bitch :joy:

And yet, you just cried and pouted when Fab nailed you perfectly

Fab's a hypocrite, nothing new. He will deflect away from my facts just like he always does. You will keep on being a desicaple (sic) whiny little bitch, just like you always do. Such is the cooler now.

Reactions: sirdingydang

and

Like I've said before but you so easily choose to ignore, I've called him out on it in the past. However, you, like chemmie, take it to a whole new level. 85 does not openly exhibit the hatred and disdain for others that you and chemmie do. 85 does not hate people. It is truly sad and hopefully one day you all will come to understand that this mindset is not productive. When you do, and I do sincerely hope that you do, you will mentally be in a much better place. If you quit being so bitter, angry and hateful, you could maybe, just maybe, learn something from morons like me or morons like your colleagues.

Like I've said before but you so easily choose to ignore, I've called him out on it in the past. However, you, like chemmie, take it to a whole new level. 85 does not openly exhibit the hatred and disdain for others that you and chemmie do. 85 does not hate people. It is truly sad and hopefully one day you all will come to understand that this mindset is not productive. When you do, and I do sincerely hope that you do, you will mentally be in a much better place. If you quit being so bitter, angry and hateful, you could maybe, just maybe, learn something from morons like me or morons like your colleagues.

Not a bad post, but not very accurate. I have literally never displayed 1/10th of the anger and hatred that 85 does on a daily basis. Its an internet message board for crying out loud, half the time I'm chuckling when I read the latest ridiculous thing posted.. I really can't figure out why you guys think I hate people, at worst I correct people (in a dickish manner) and they get pissed and so they assume I must be angry as well.

I do of course understand its not productive, but you can't change people's minds in a face to face conversation with facts, let alone over the internet, so I enjoy using logic and sources to point out the flaws in people's arguments, and they inevitably get pissed.

Reactions: fabknight
Hatred? I don't have an ounce of hatred in my body.

Keep blaming others, but you guys really are idiots. The sooner you realize that, and stop whining about being called names, everyone will be better off.

Not a bad post, but not very accurate. I have literally never displayed 1/10th of the anger and hatred that 85 does on a daily basis. Its an internet message board for crying out loud, half the time I'm chuckling when I read the latest ridiculous thing posted.. I really can't figure out why you guys think I hate people, at worst I correct people (in a dickish manner) and they get pissed and so they assume I must be angry as well.

I do of course understand its not productive, but you can't change people's minds in a face to face conversation with facts, let alone over the internet, so I enjoy using logic and sources to point out the flaws in people's arguments, and they inevitably get pissed.

Damn. You sound almost reasonable in this post.

I'd love to respond to your post and the basketball game is over but now I'm getting ready to go camping with some family and friends. I slapped a new Vortex Razor AMG UH-1 holographic sight on my AR and I need to sight it in. Excited.

If I get done in time, I'll reply.

Hatred? I don't have an ounce of hatred in my body.

Keep blaming others, but you guys really are idiots. The sooner you realize that, and stop whining about being called names, everyone will be better off.
[eyeroll]

Yep. We get pissed because you’re so dominant with your usage of logic and facts. Not because you accuse others of wanting to exterminate people, call others retards, or label everyone who disagrees with you as an idiot (including your coworkers that you apparently have contempt for)

Is it time for a change? Old current sign on the left with a new sign on the right? (Note: I would have written "might prevent" instead of will)

FB_IMG_1518787974540.jpg

Damn. You sound almost reasonable in this post.

I'd love to respond to your post and the basketball game is over but now I'm getting ready to go camping with some family and friends. I slapped a new Vortex Razor AMG UH-1 holographic sight on my AR and I need to sight it in. Excited.

If I get done in time, I'll reply.

Not bad, gotta love the warranty on those. I'm more of a meprolight RDS guy. The auto on feature is amazing.

The thought of hating people due to political disagreements on a message board is honestly hilarious to me. I hate people who try to hurt my family and friends, not because they voted for a different person than me. Sure I'm a condescending asshole about it, and it's not something I am really proud of, but we all have our vices. I will give you credit for being a bigger man about it, but I don't really take this board very seriously.

Is it a coincidence that the majority of these mass killings happen in designated Gun Free Zones?

I honestly believe there is no correlation. They happen at those places because of the large volume of people there and/or they happen at a location that "triggered" their violence. In this case, school obviously was not his favorite place in the world. In the case of Pulse - gay people obviously weren't his favorite people in the world. So on, so forth.

I honestly believe there is no correlation. They happen at those places because of the large volume of people there and/or they happen at a location that "triggered" their violence. In this case, school obviously was not his favorite place in the world. In the case of Pulse - gay people obviously weren't his favorite people in the world. So on, so forth.

No correlation?? smh. There are so many other opportunities to target large volumes of people, perhaps even larger, for someone who is wanting to inflict carnage. There are other school functions with more people on hand than going between 3 classrooms which he did. The difference of course is that in other public settings, it's likely there are multiple armed people to put down a shooter. At a school function, you're likely going to have armed police on hand.

Schools, movie theaters, universities, workplaces. These are where these things keep happening and these are all mandated gun free zones.

It's incredibly naïve to believe that a would-be shooter KNOWING that they'll face absolutely no armed opposition if they attempt to carry out carnage does not impact their decision of where to attempt this.

Is it a coincidence that the majority of these mass killings happen in designated Gun Free Zones?

No correlation?

The killer this week got off 150 plus shots (means he reloaded at least 4-5 times) and did not encounter ONE person shooting back at him (because it's against the law to have a weapon on campus).

You think mass killers don't choose soft targets on purpose?

Reactions: UCFWayne and UCFBS
ADVERTISEMENT