ADVERTISEMENT

Schumer and Democrats refuse to back legislation fixing child separation

some quality political football goign on today. i doubt the democrats put forth any decent plan on fixing this. they will just want to try and hold this over the gop head until the elections and then continue to do nothing about it.

They already have, shit-for-brains.

Che mmie Guevara once again has it wrong. Heres the main points of the Cruz bill:
  • Doubling the number of federal immigration judges, from roughly 375 to 750.
  • Authorizing new temporary shelters with accommodations to keep families together.
  • Mandating that immigrant families be kept together, absent aggravated criminal conduct or threat of harm to children.
  • Providing for expedited processing and review of asylum cases so that — within 14 days — those who meet the legal standards will be granted asylum and those who do not will be immediately returned to their home countries.

When you copy and paste from a news source, you should let people know what that source is and not try to pass it off as your own analysis.

Then, you should read Cruz's actual bill, the Protect Kids and Parents Act.
...and maybe not leave out huge portions when you do your little copy/paste.

When you copy and paste from a news source, you should let people know what that source is and not try to pass it off as your own analysis.

Then, you should read Cruz's actual bill, the Protect Kids and Parents Act.
...and maybe not leave out huge portions when you do your little copy/paste.

Nice dodge.

I thought you guys wanted "comprehensive" immigration reform? DFs bill isnt comprehensive.

LOL

It is obvious to anyone that Republicans are using children as blackmail in an attempt to pass their form of immigration reform. It is disgusting.
Putting illegal immigrants in jail was a Republican idea.
Separating children from their parents was a Republican idea.
Using the children as pawns to change immigration policy, because of the bad policy they created, was a Republican idea.

They have nobody to blame but themselves.

the political football game will continue until you and they realize what the word compromise means. i do look forward to more of your virtue signaling though.

Soooo... Republicans cause a mess and Democrats are supposed to "compromise" with them to fix the mess they caused, and allow them to implement more policies to cause a larger mess?

LOL.

the political football game will continue until you and they realize what the word compromise means. i do look forward to more of your virtue signaling though.

Dont hold your breath. The left thinks they have a winning argument for mid-terms and will drag this out for as long as possible so they can run against trump in november.

Reactions: UCFWayne
No dodge, Copernicus.
Now that you posted the link that you plagiarized, want to add in the parts you conveniently left out?

That I plagiarized? You are a joke. Yeah, I wrote the bill and passed it off as my own.

Please tell me Che, what did I leave out?

That I plagiarized? You are a joke. Yeah, I wrote the bill and passed it off as my own.

Please tell me Che, what did I leave out?

You've already admitted to plagiarizing. You completely copied and pasted your post above.

You seriously are the dumbest person on the planet.

I'm not pointing out to you what you left out. You know what you left out. And, if you don't, then you're an even bigger moron. Are you being deliberately obtuse again, or are you just that stupid and you don't know the bill?

You've already admitted to plagiarizing. You completely copied and pasted your post above.

You seriously are the dumbest person on the planet.

I'm not pointing out to you what you left out. You know what you left out. And, if you don't, then you're an even bigger moron. Are you being deliberately obtuse again, or are you just that stupid and you don't know the bill?

Your insistence on deflecting away from any actual discussion is getting old.

You'd make a good Republican congressman. You stupidly make an invalid point, and then say I'm dodging when I don't recognize your invalid point.

I haven't deflected anything. I've simply caught you passing off an article as your own, and conveniently leaving out a significant part of the bill that you refuse to acknowledge exists, and is a large reason why it will not receive support from many members of Congress.

Tell us more about the bill, Copernicus.

You'd make a good Republican congressman. You stupidly make an invalid point, and then say I'm dodging when I don't recognize your invalid point.

I haven't deflected anything. I've simply caught you passing off an article as your own, and conveniently leaving out a significant part of the bill that you refuse to acknowledge exists, and is a large reason why it will not receive support from many members of Congress.

Tell us more about the bill, Copernicus.

The only point of contention that I can find is that Cruz's plan to expedite asylum cases is too short of a timeline. If theres something I'm missing then by all means please go out of character and actually post something that doesn't make you look like a moron.

Soooo... Republicans cause a mess and Democrats are supposed to "compromise" with them to fix the mess they caused, and allow them to implement more policies to cause a larger mess?

LOL.
i think you mean clinton caused this mess when he created the law. then bush and obama both used it but never fixed it, so they are part of the problem as well. if you actually want change, they both sides need to work together. your posts suggest you dont actually want change but would rather just blame someone else.

i think you mean clinton caused this mess when he created the law. then bush and obama both used it but never fixed it, so they are part of the problem as well. if you actually want change, they both sides need to work together. your posts suggest you dont actually want change but would rather just blame someone else.

You keep repeating this false statement. No matter how many times you repeat it, it doesn't make it true.

The only point of contention that I can find is that Cruz's plan to expedite asylum cases is too short of a timeline. If theres something I'm missing then by all means please go out of character and actually post something that doesn't make you look like a moron.

At least you are partially coming to terms with your inability to communicate the entire bill to people, rather than plagiarizing only part of the bill. Keep going. You're making good progress.

Cite the law.

At least you are partially coming to terms with your inability to communicate the entire bill to people, rather than plagiarizing only part of the bill. Keep going. You're making good progress.

You seriously are as worthless as the typical democrat senator.

...also notice that @btbones vanished like a fart in the wind.
I’ve never said I agree with this policy . What I disagree with is the fact that this has been done previously by a democrat with zero outrage . I have tried more and more to stay clear of the political discussions here . No matter what’s said there are a couple posters on the other side that will use it as some sort of attack on me or someone else . It’s a waste of time and energy . There is one particular poster who consistently throws personal insults my way who knows nothing of how I live , what I do or anything else . That was the root of my asshole comments

Would it really help solve the problem if I posted about it on here ? The answer is no . I’ve actually spoken out about this practice to my congressional reps , though I know a staffer gets this e mails and most likely deletes them immediately . My guess is that’s more than most have actually done besides raising hell on social media .

Monday: "Congress alone has to fix it."

This doesn’t do a damn thing to fix the overarching complete disaster that our border is, or the disaster that is our immigration law

But I have to laugh at democrats crying about a President forcing congress to act after obama spent 8 year whining about Congresss not doing enough

Selective outrage

Monday: "Congress alone has to fix it."

That follows right along with when Obama said he didn’t have the power to grant status to illegal immigrant children... and then went ahead and did so when Congress refused to address the situation yet again. This is a tough issue and the greatest continual failure of Congress in the last 32 years. It’s hard to lay all of this at any one President’s feet.

LOL.

Well, does this mean Fox News has to tell their viewers they've been lying to them for the last few days?

Do you actually think red hatters care that Trump has been lying about literally everything? Hell our resident moron bob the knight doesn't even think Trump lies. They are literally mentally ill.

That follows right along with when Obama said he didn’t have the power to grant status to illegal immigrant children... and then went ahead and did so when Congress refused to address the situation yet again. This is a tough issue and the greatest continual failure of Congress in the last 32 years. It’s hard to lay all of this at any one President’s feet.

Most of the lefties here are braindead. They won't follow this logic.

Of the people raging about the latest media-driven anti-Trump narrative, how many of you will rage at the children in Central Florida who have been separated from their parents tonight because their parents got arrested for any one of a number of crimes?

Of the people raging about the latest media-driven anti-Trump narrative, how many of you will rage at the children in Central Florida who have been separated from their parents tonight because their parents got arrested for any one of a number of crimes?

What crime have immigrants committed by coming into this country? Not filling out the proper paperwork?

Are the kids in cages and the parents don’t know where they are? If the answer is yes, then yes I am outraged. If they are with their mom/dad, uncle, aunt, grandparents or a foster home sleeping in a real bed, then the answer is no.

So the law has been in the books for almost 20 years and there hasn’t been a problem until now. I wonder why?

So the law has been in the books for almost 20 years and there hasn’t been a problem until now. I wonder why?

Because our President, his cabinet, and the people he has put in high positions, have decided that all brown-skinned people who try to enter our country are criminals. It was never an issue before, because any child separated from their parent was being separated from an actual criminal.

Looks like Ryan is going to fail to get legislation out of the Republican led House. Remember, the House needs a simple majority and the GOP has more than that. Schumer in the Senate must have had something to do with this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT