ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost will be on Open Mike with Bianchi and Kravitz at 8:15 a.m. Thursday morning

Really think Frost is a great coach and guy. I understand him leaving for his alma mater and tons of money. Success is something we all want and 35 million is enough money to live a great life with your family. And keeping it quiet is the best way to play those situations and he played it perfectly.

What I don't understand is why Frost wants a relationship with UCF fans, what he's going to do to maintain a relationship, or how it's mutually beneficial.

Concerning his NC comments, at this point, he's either going to be unclear, which means he doesn't support us as NCs or he's going to have a hard time back tracking to clarify he does believe we're NCs. This interview must be really important to him.
I isn't about ucf fans, it is about recruits. He made inroads here in central fla and does not want to lose them.

Didn’t say much. If you missed it, you missed nothing. Pointless interview. Yes, he should have celebrated with his players more. Completely abrupt and cold ending.

Reactions: JAFFX2
@MBianchi more softballs than Sarah Huckabee Sanders gym bag. Disappointing and pointless interview. I'll be recru--err I mean rooting for you to do better in the future.
xGdoN19.gif

He's tone deaf man. Same guy who already made up his mind, is "torn", and wears this pregame for an AAC Championship game AT HOME.
884432838.jpg.0.jpg

When I saw that, I said "he's going to make an announcement after the game".

Marc Daniels - "talking out both sides of his mouth"

[thumb2]:fistbump::clap:

He also said something else spot on, he said that UCF did as much for Frost as Frost did for UCF...... So basically anyone on the bandwagon that we should be bowing down to him needs to quit with the we owe him a huge debt of gratitude because he saved UCF - Total BS!!!!

He also said something else spot on, he said that UCF did as much for Frost as Frost did for UCF...... So basically anyone on the bandwagon that we should be bowing down to him needs to quit with the we owe him a huge debt of gratitude because he saved UCF - Total BS!!!!
He did win us a Natty. More then can be said for the statue

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Where did you guys see comments from Marc?

No disputing that and for that I am gratefull....but consider this, If AD DW didn't give CSF a golden opportunity to coach UCF, Is he making $5m a year at Nobraska today??? I think NOT!
He goes anywhere else instead of UCF (like Syracuse) and he may not have even been a candidate for the Nobraska job in 2 years

He goes anywhere else instead of UCF (like Syracuse) and he may not have even been a candidate for the Nobraska job in 2 years

Agreed. At least he acknowledges the fact that UCF helped him just as much. I completely agree any other coaching job he would have taken wouldn't have gotten him to where he is at now. Everything was setup for him to succeed at here.

Any idea of him and HCJH talked?

No disputing that and for that I am gratefull....but consider this, If AD DW didn't give CSF a golden opportunity to coach UCF, Is he making $5m a year at Nobraska today??? I think NOT!
that's obvious. I was posting at the time when trying to evaluate Frost is that he was a perfect fit at UCF, got the recruiting inroads and staff that he needs to try to keep a Florida pipeline going so he could be a home run up there but being in a conference with other good southern recruiters like Urban Meyter and James Franklin doesn't make it a sure thing.

But if he goes to Tulane, Tulsa, or Syracuse(rumored to have turned them down for UCF) there is no way there is a turnaround to this extreme leading that insane contract.

Reactions: Mikesi and JAFFX2
that's obvious. I was posting at the time when trying to evaluate Frost is that he was a perfect fit at UCF, got the recruiting inroads and staff that he needs to try to keep a Florida pipeline going so he could be a home run up there but being in a conference with other good southern recruiters like Urban Meyter and James Franklin doesn't make it a sure thing.

But if he goes to Tulane, Tulsa, or Syracuse(rumored to have turned them down for UCF) there is no way there is a turnaround to this extreme leading that insane contract.

Can't agree more. He played his cards right and knew that winning at UCF was easier than most places. An undefeated Tulsa or Tulane doesn't get anywhere near the level of respect as an undefeated UCF. Syracuse may be debatable.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Can't agree more. He played his cards right and knew that winning at UCF was easier than most places. An undefeated Tulsa or Tulane doesn't get anywhere near the level of respect as an undefeated UCF. Syracuse may be debatable.
Undefeated at Tulsa and Tulane would hold just as much water. Would mean they would have beat the same caliber teams as UCF did. Syracuse is a no brainer. The thing is he wouldn’t have gone undefeated at Those Places.

He was calculated and smart about where to go.

It may get talked down by ESPN and other media but agents love the UCF job bc it's risk averse compared to other landing spots in the bottom half of the Power 5. No one will believe it now but Kirby Smart told a few people he wanted the UCF job if his Alma Mater Georgia didn't come calling then they finally pushed out Richt.

Undefeated at Tulsa and Tulane would hold just as much water. Would mean they would have beat the same caliber teams as UCF did. Syracuse is a no brainer. The thing is he wouldn’t have gone undefeated at Those Places.
Frost is a smart guy. He carefully calculated where he was going. He probably even knew that UCF was the place to get him back to Nobraska as quickly as possible. Who knows.
When I heard about him this morning getting goose bumps walking out of the tunnel at the spring game a few weeks ago, that told me a lot.

What really happened for sure is that we got too damn good too fast and Nobraska went bad fast. Perfect storm. Everyone wins if Heupel is successful and Nobraska gets back to respectability. However, the latter isn’t our concern. Just a very interesting watch. 2018 will definitely have interesting Saturdays during college football season.

Last edited:
Bianchi, Is it safe to say that after today’s pointless and worthless interview that we don’t need to hear from Frost on Orlando airwaves for awhile? Maybe if he goes to the CFP.

Mike you need to get Tim Brando from CBS on the show. Guy has always done great interviews (on Scott Ferralls show all the time) but a big time believer in UCF and actually sticking up for the group of 5.

Danny Kanell

Danny is a hoot...ESPN was sooooo stupid in letting him go:

He fired this back at other media members and SEC Fans saying UCF shouldn't have made national championship rings: (Hint: Auburn claimed a national title in 2004 when not even one organization or poll said they were)

ADVERTISEMENT