ADVERTISEMENT

Seattle is lost

I guess on the bright side, Seattle will never need to do something insane like having a purge day. Whatever you want to do will be legal all year round.

I guess on the bright side, Seattle will never need to do something insane like having a purge day. Whatever you want to do will be legal all year round.
You're in a tough spot here. On the one hand you claim to be a libertarian so you should support more things being legal. On the other hand libertarians in 2020 are all just embarassed trump chuds so you can't support this.

Going to be interesting to see how you snake around this topic.

You're in a tough spot here. On the one hand you claim to be a libertarian so you should support more things being legal. On the other hand libertarians in 2020 are all just embarassed trump chuds so you can't support this.

And on your side we have insane Woke robots in the streets, rioting, disbanding police departments, and Marxists instructing black people on what to think and do.

And on your side we have insane Woke robots in the streets, rioting, disbanding police departments, and Marxists instructing black people on what to think and do.
The fact that you think that's what is happening is telling.

You fundamentally misunderstand classic liberalism. I support an enforcement mechanism that protects peoples life, liberty, and property against attack from others. Without a police force, how do you do that?

You fundamentally misunderstand classic liberalism. I support an enforcement mechanism that protects peoples life, liberty, and property against attack from others. Without a police force, how do you do that?
You said they're ignoring calls that disproportionately impact minority communities. What would those be?

Typically the things in law enforcement that are seen as a disproportionate impact are minor drug charges. You should be fine with that as a, "libertarian"

You said they're ignoring calls that disproportionately impact minority communities. What would those be?

Typically the things in law enforcement that are seen as a disproportionate impact are minor drug charges. You should be fine with that as a, "libertarian"

I'm fine with ignoring minor drugs charges. If that was the council's intent I wish they would have said it that way.

I'm fine with ignoring minor drugs charges. If that was the council's intent I wish they would have said it that way.
Drug charges are not calls. Calls for service involve someone calling either 911 or the non-emergency number and reporting a crime or a suspicious circumstance. It’s not the same as an officer running traffic on a pretense of looking for drugs.

There are some calls, like “suspicious” black person in a white neighborhood that are frivolous. But most of the calls for service that involve black people are going to be made by black people and ignoring those calls is not going to serve black people by any means. That’s why the council’s statement makes no sense.

https://apnews.com/0b5e11d9d55fb85976d5d7d8b1f26225

If you thought things couldn't get more ridiculous, you were wrong.

SEATTLE (AP) — A lawsuit filed in Washington state claims the costs of protective clothing and equipment has impeded the civil rights of Black Lives Matter protesters.

The lawsuit filed by five plaintiffs in U.S. District Court in Seattle alleges their right to peacefully demonstrate is hurt by the need to purchase the gear necessary for protection in the face of police tactics to disperse crowds, The Seattle Times reported Monday.

Demonstrators need to obtain helmets, gas masks, protective clothing, goggles, gloves, boots, umbrellas and other gear to fend off police pepper spray and less-lethal projectiles, the lawsuit says.

The plaintiffs claim they were all victims of indiscriminate police violence during protests June 25.

They claim repeated use of force by the Seattle Police Department during more than six weeks of civil unrest over systemic racism and police brutality has made exercising their rights to gather and protest impossible without costly personal protective gear.

Attorney Talitha Hazelton wrote in the lawsuit that the city of Seattle established a “de facto protest tax” by forcing demonstrators to purchase gear to withstand police munitions.

The Seattle City Attorney’s Office will consider the claims and intends to defend the city against the lawsuit, spokesperson Dan Nolte said.

How can we reasonably expect people to riot and loot unless the government gives them the protective equipment it takes to do so.

How can we reasonably expect people to riot and loot unless the government gives them the protective equipment it takes to do so.
I would love to see the court throw this out at the first hearing. I imagine something like "Did the government establish clear times and boundaries for protesting?" Yes. "Did you stay past the times and/or attempt to cross the boundaries with force?" Yes and yes. Case dismissed.

I would love to see the court throw this out at the first hearing. I imagine something like "Did the government establish clear times and boundaries for protesting?" Yes. "Did you stay past the times and/or attempt to cross the boundaries with force?" Yes and yes. Case dismissed.

You know it won't be that simple. This will probably make it to SCOTUS and Roberts will write a bizarre majority opinion that bans churches.

Last edited:
Reactions: sk8knight
Meanwhile, Chicago had to literally raise their drawbridges to prevent a sack of Miracle Mile like some 9th century castle, while giant mobs of losers rioted, looted stores, shot at police, injured scores of people, and carried out 5 hours of lawlessness across the city.

#DefundCPD

Meanwhile, Chicago had to literally raise their drawbridges to prevent a sack of Miracle Mile like some 9th century castle, while giant mobs of losers rioted, looted stores, shot at police, injured scores of people, and carried out 5 hours of lawlessness across the city.

#DefundCPD
I just watched a clip on this, its unbelievable that this is allowed to continue. There's no deterrent. The criminals who were arrested previously have all been released.

Here you go- a white Woke city council just drove a female African American Police Chief to resign after they mindlessly voted to gut the SPD and remove 100 jobs, many of whom will be black cops.

Black Americans don’t want less policing, excellent minority Police Chiefs are being driven out, all at the hands of patsy white liberals who are buying the National BLM bullshit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT