ADVERTISEMENT

SEC conference only.

Oddly, there is still talk of the CFI taking place. How can any 4 teams be picked when hardly anybody from any conference is going to play an OOC game, and if they are 80% or more of any OOC games will be a cupcake matchup anyways.

Also, if Ole Miss started 0-4 with losses to Bama, Georgia, LSU and Auburn will they be ranked?

I've always argued that the #1 goal every year is to win the conference. This year it is the only goal.

Oddly, there is still talk of the CFI taking place. How can any 4 teams be picked when hardly anybody from any conference is going to play somebody from another conference, and 80% or more of those OOC games will be a cupcake matchup anyways.

Also, if Ole Miss is 0-4 with losses to Bama, Georgia, LSU and Auburn will they be ranked?

I've always argued that the #1 goal every year is to win the conference. This year it is the only goal.

Still don't see a season occurring particularly with what is happening with baseball in the first week. Even if it does, don't see bowl games. Cities are not going to host large gatherings from people all over the country in the middle of winter when I would fully expect the northern cities to experience an uptick in cases. The entire post season system will have to be heavily modified, if not scrapped for this year.

Every change that has been made in the last month just inches it towards a very abbreviated or canceled season.

What if 7 teams are undefeated? I don’t care the Conference. But say all P6 and say FAU. All 7 could.

What if 7 teams are undefeated? I don’t care the Conference. But say all P6 and say FAU. All 7 could.
Odds of a total of 7 teams going undefeated would be very low. But each conference does have enough bottom feeders and mediocre teams that 7 teams have a decent chance of going undefeated alone.

Odds of a total of 7 teams going undefeated would be very low. But each conference does have enough bottom feeders and mediocre teams that 7 teams have a decent chance of going undefeated alone.
4 teams did last season. We had a down year last year. We could make 5. FAU lost 1, that could be 6. A bunch of teams only lost 1. That could change with a shorter season.

Would love to see multiple undefeated G5 and P5 schools to make the CFP system people look like fools. In this season there is no inter league competition so everybody can claim they belong on top.

:) Hope we don't miss it.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Better than a normal year when they have to play a high profile game to start season and then play a good team in conference. Now just in conference.

But there are going to be more in conference games and fewer cupcakes. We dont know the schedules yet, but just to throw out a potential example. Florida, was scheduled to open the season with Eastern Wash and S. Alabama, which should have both been easy wins. Now Instead of those 2 games now, Florida could potentially end up with Alabama and Auburn (or any SEC west teams should be better than E. Wash and S. Alabam), which would certainly make it tougher to go undefeated.

But there are going to be more in conference games and fewer cupcakes. We dont know the schedules yet, but just to throw out a potential example. Florida, was scheduled to open the season with Eastern Wash and S. Alabama, which should have both been easy wins. Now Instead of those 2 games now, Florida could potentially end up with Alabama and Auburn (or any SEC west teams should be better than E. Wash and S. Alabam), which would certainly make it tougher to go undefeated.
Lose FSU and probably someone else. I’m talking the opening matchups. CFA games etc.

Lose FSU and probably someone else. I’m talking the opening matchups. CFA games etc.

FSU is a good point, but still adding two additional conference games is a more difficult road to go undefeated IMO. Of course this also depends on the conference, but I honestly dont think it is going to be easier for teams to go undefeated.

Also in saying this, this might all be for not. The NBA and NHL have figured this out, but MLB is canceling games all over the place, the Eagles HC just tested positive, I hope I am wrong, but I am not very optimistic we are going to get a full season.

Reactions: ahabmw
FSU is a good point, but still adding two additional conference games is a more difficult road to go undefeated IMO. Of course this also depends on the conference, but I honestly dont think it is going to be easier for teams to go undefeated.

Also in saying this, this might all be for not. The NBA and NHL have figured this out, but MLB is canceling games all over the place, the Eagles HC just tested positive, I hope I am wrong, but I am not very optimistic we are going to get a full season.

The lesson learned so far, avoid being the Marlins. Basically if you have an outbreak of 10+ on your team, consider your season done. Your team will not even practice for 1-2 weeks, so you are missing 1-3 games.

Now its about how well you can keep your team from catching it. The only way I see that happening is telling your players to isolate themselves from the rest of campus.

The lesson learned so far, avoid being the Marlins. Basically if you have an outbreak of 10+ on your team, consider your season done. Your team will not even practice for 1-2 weeks, so you are missing 1-3 games.

Now its about how well you can keep your team from catching it. The only way I see that happening is telling your players to isolate themselves from the rest of campus.

I agree, but I dont really see how that is possible. The NBA and NHL bubbles appear to be working, but certainly no way to do that with college football, and it would be extremely difficult to do that with the NFL too.

I agree, but I dont really see how that is possible. The NBA and NHL bubbles appear to be working, but certainly no way to do that with college football, and it would be extremely difficult to do that with the NFL too.
NBA and NHL don’t stay in the bubbles. Neither do the workers.

I am not sure what you mean. Anyone who has to leave has to be tested and quarantined until their test results come back. They arent traveling like MLB is, and there have been basically no real issues, unlike MLB who is canceling games almost daily at this point.

Prefer to get into semantics and say those two leagues are taking far more precautions to reduce potential of infection. As oppose to the one league that had 17 games postponed and 5 teams impacted 11 days into the season. Marlins will have to play 57 games in 54 calendar days to complete their season, if no other games are postponed.

Prefer to get into semantics and say those two leagues are taking far more precautions to reduce potential of infection. As oppose to the one league that had 17 games postponed and 5 teams impacted 11 days into the season. Marlins will have to play 57 games in 54 calendar days to complete their season, if no other games are postponed.
They only had 7 days off as it was. Just more double headers. The nba players are going to Beach and other excursions. They aren’t locked in. The hotel staff come and go as they please. Not checking them daily.

They only had 7 days off as it was. Just more double headers. The nba players are going to Beach and other excursions. They aren’t locked in. The hotel staff come and go as they please. Not checking them daily.

7 inning double headers, having to alter the actual game.

Unless NBA or NHL have to postpone games, their strategy worked. Baseball is going to be a hold your breath and hope all the way till the end, because they are another Marlins situation away from having to cut the season down to ensure everyone finish a similar schedule.

If travel is not a concern for COVID, why did MLB make the sick Marlins players ride a bus from Philadelphia to Miami.

Double headers arent that easy to schedule, especially in such a limited season. The Orioles and Marlins were only schedule to play 1 series with each other, so how are they supposed to reschedule 4 games when they arent going to be playing in the same city at the same time?

I dont know about the hotel staff but players, media, and staff are required to stay on resort grounds. If there are any sort of excursions, they are most certainly league organized and approved. Players arent just allowed to leave and go places on their own.

Cardinals now with 13 players positive. More postponed games. Two teams with outbreaks after 10 games.

No matter how many games we play this season, our roster is stacked with great depth. As long as there is good competition within we will have good teams. Another 20-22 will sign in this upcoming class :)

ADVERTISEMENT