ADVERTISEMENT

Self Driving Uber SUV Kills Pedestrian in AZ

She was known homeless, said she was walking her bike across the road outside the crossealk area.

....she walked in front of the car basically. The article even states it would likely be an accident regardless of whether a human or computer was driving the car.

Reactions: UCFWayne
She was known homeless, said she was walking her bike across the road outside the crossealk area.

So basically, just like any day in St Pete on 4th Street.

There are idiots and losers walking across 6 lanes all the time outside of crosswalks.

My brother is a transportation engineer who does safety studies dealing with pedestrian deaths all the time. He told me he sees pedestrian deaths that could be prevented all the time if they just crossed where they are supposed to.

Reactions: UCFBS
My brother is a transportation engineer who does safety studies dealing with pedestrian deaths all the time. He told me he sees pedestrian deaths that could be prevented all the time if they just crossed where they are supposed to.
Except in Jersey. I was almost killed in early 2008 crossing the street in a crosswalk in Jersey. They just don't care.

Here's the exterior and interior video of the UBER crash. Both are horrific...said that the UBER driver believed soooo much in the self driving...he was too busy looking at fb and other social websites on his phone since he didn't need to pay attention to the road.

Here's the exterior and interior video of the UBER crash. Both are horrific...said that the UBER driver believed soooo much in the self driving...he was too busy looking at fb and other social websites on his phone since he didn't need to pay attention to the road.

God. That woman was creamed.

I don’t think anyone would have stopped in time given the fact that she was crossing in the dark- not even under the light mere feet away. What was this idiot doing?

That said, self driving or not, can people get off their goddamn phones when behind a wheel? It’s just absurd these idiots can’t go more than 5 minutes without texting or checking their worthless social media pages.

God. That woman was creamed.

I don’t think anyone would have stopped in time given the fact that she was crossing in the dark- not even under the light mere feet away. What was this idiot doing?

That said, self driving or not, can people get off their goddamn phones when behind a wheel? It’s just absurd these idiots can’t go more than 5 minutes without texting or checking their worthless social media pages.

LOL

Says a turd with over 57K posts on this message board!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

This site claims that the video released is flawed, or outright doctored bullshit, and that the road is actually much more well lit than the police video shows. And they have locals taking video while driving which seem to prove it. I'm not lighting expert but these other videos look totally different from the Uber dashcam video.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/0...victim-came-from-the-shadows-dont-believe-it/

Police released dashcam before impact:

Screen-Shot-2018-03-22-at-10.34.27-PM-1440x691.png

Exact same spot taken by local driver next day:

kaufman_tempe-1440x801.png

Uber is sketchy as hell, they've been caught in the past doing shady things like sabotaging drivers who drive for both Lyft and Uber.

ADVERTISEMENT