ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Bowl

This game would had been fun to watch, but I dropped the NFL network over all the protest garbage. Please don't get me started. :sunglasses:

Now you can get the XFL network.
Yeah, they have to stand during the anthem. They should have just skipped the anthem, but McMahon loves to play the heel. Actually, he should have demanded that they kneel. If they try to stand they catch a Stone Cold Stunner straight from the Texas Rattlesnake himself. I would watch that.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
For all the practice week talk about Shaquem during the week, they were amazingly quiet about him. Mayock started to say something about the "2 more interesting names you just mentioned" and then spent the time talking about the other guy. It took Romeo Cremel to finally talk about him. Finally, they talk about UCF and they have athletes up and down the roster around 5-6 minutes left in the 2nd. Then around the 3 min mark mention Trequan and how well he's doing. Watching it on delay- recorded it, so just at half time.

I'm just surprised how little talk about Trequan there's been. I suppose his stock will rise over the months, but maybe he should have stayed? i thought he was great, is he just being overlooked, or are there that many better than him?

Reactions: knight_tracker
Yeah, they have to stand during the anthem. They should have just skipped the anthem, but McMahon loves to play the heel. Actually, he should have demanded that they kneel. If they try to stand they catch a Stone Cold Stunner straight from the Texas Rattlesnake himself. I would watch that.
There should be a villain player that refuses to kneel every week and another player that is an over the top real 'Merican that runs in and tackles the villain. Kinda like the NFL but with more violence.

Just shows the value of transferring I guess, from back-up blah at usf, to starting at W. Kentucky and if you believe the talking heads during the week and game turned into a high round draft pick.
The no blitzing bland coverage game doesn't really help
There should be a villain player that refuses to kneel every week and another player that is an over the top real 'Merican that runs in and tackles the villain. Kinda like the NFL but with more violence.
He really should play it like WWE. There should be trash talk and off field incidents. There should be late hits when ref is distracted by teammates, maybe some metal chairs in the end zone.

I'm only half kidding. If he supplies entertainment it just might work. If he tries to sell us on a B league football league, then he will fail.

5-6 round grade is probably right, but I could see a team going for Griffin earlier because of his story as well as what he would bring to a locker room. He was a true leader on the UCF defense last year and will be tough to replace.

Here’s a link to the game stats. Smith 5 receptions for 79 yards and a 42 yard long play.
1 TD.

Akins. 2-31

Shaquem. 4 total tackles

I’m telling you, if I’m an NFL scout, I’m taking a long look at Rashaad Penny from San Diego State. He’s big, fast and he can catch. Total beast. Nobody probably thinks he’s in the same class as Barkley, but a lot of Penn State RBs have been busts. Then there’s Marshall Faulk who played at San Diego State. Hall of Famer.

Mike Hughes should be our number 1 pick. After that, it will probably be Trequan, but I wouldn’t count out Pittman, Akins or Shaquem.

https://www.seniorbowl.com/pdf/news/2018_reeses_senior_bowl_game_stats.pdf

Last edited:
For all the practice week talk about Shaquem during the week, they were amazingly quiet about him. Mayock started to say something about the "2 more interesting names you just mentioned" and then spent the time talking about the other guy. It took Romeo Cremel to finally talk about him. Finally, they talk about UCF and they have athletes up and down the roster around 5-6 minutes left in the 2nd. Then around the 3 min mark mention Trequan and how well he's doing. Watching it on delay- recorded it, so just at half time.

I'm just surprised how little talk about Trequan there's been. I suppose his stock will rise over the months, but maybe he should have stayed? i thought he was great, is he just being overlooked, or are there that many better than him?
There are at least 2 guys in AAC that are rated higher. That’s just the AAC. Probably because we spread the ball around.

There are at least 2 guys in AAC that are rated higher. That’s just the AAC. Probably because we spread the ball around.
Are you talking WR?

Anthony Miller from Memphis was unbelievable against us, but didn’t do that much in the Liberty Bowl. He may have gotten hurt early

Sutton from SMU has a ton of size and he’s fast

They should both go ahead of Trequan.

I’m sure that the scouting reports on Trequan will say that he lacks lower body strength and top end speed. We have to see what his 40 time is

I didn’t see his 42 yard TD

Last edited:
Are you talking WR?

Anthony Miller from Memphis was unbelievable against us, but didn’t do that much in the Liberty Bowl. He may have gotten hurt early

Sutton from SMU has a ton of size and he’s fast

They should both go ahead of Trequan.

I’m sure that the scouting reports on Trequan will say that he lacks lower body strength and top end speed. We have to see what his 40 time is

I didn’t see his 42 yard TD
I’ll find it.

Reactions: Mikesi
Mike Hughes has all the potential in the world.

Honestly, he reminds me of a poor man’s Deon Sanders. He’s fast, but Deon ran like a 10.26 100 meters at Florida State.

Just shows the value of transferring I guess, from back-up blah at usf, to starting at W. Kentucky and if you believe the talking heads during the week and game turned into a high round draft pick.
He didn’t look that great in 2013 and 2014, but like Jeff Driskel at UF, he hung in there

He just didn’t fit into Taggart’s system and in the end the transfer benefitted USF with Flowers and Mike White

Honestly, as fans we have UCF bias. Unlikely he’s going in the first 3 rounds. Look at Storm Johnson. However, it turned out Latavious Murray was drafted way too low. Drafting players is such an imperfect science unless you’re Bill Bellichick.

Mike Hughes has all the potential in the world.

Honestly, he reminds me of a poor man’s Deon Sanders. He’s fast, but Deon ran like a 10.26 100 meters at Florida State.

I was trying to think of a good comp for Hughes and the best I could think of was Charles Woodson. Incredibly athletic with great football instincts. Hughes is probably an inch shorter but other than that pretty similar ball player.

Reactions: Mikesi

Tre’Quan was one of the best players on offense. 5 catches on 5 targets including a great toe tap, a touchdown and a vertical where he blew by the defender for 40 yards.
Thanks!! Beautifully thrown ball in decent coverage. Wonder if Milton was that accurate on the deep balls to Trequan in his 3 years.

40 speed isn't necessarily the best indicator for all WR roles. Smith is a vertical threat but I don't think his sweet spot will be on the outside. Your route running is also critically important when grading out.

40 speed isn't necessarily the best indicator for all WR roles. Smith is a vertical threat but I don't think his sweet spot will be on the outside. Your route running is also critically important when grading out.
Route running can be taught. Speed can not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT