ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question

The House has passed 49 bills/resolutions this year (as of 5/24), 6 have been healthcare related. McConnell doesnt even bring most of them to a vote. The House can't pass bills on their own, and you know this.
Many of those healthcare bills were Rand-Trump. Rand is perfect example of what good can come from actually working with Trump. The US News Media may not be covering those bills, but Small Businesses love Rand-Trump right now.

I utterly agree the Republicans in Congress are stupid at times. Just like the Democratic party, they are serving their 'big business masters' in their Congressional districts. It drives me nuts too.

THis is such a simplistic talking point. Support law enforcement how? What exactly do you even mean by that. And does that mean they have to support all law enforcement officers? Even the ones that do bad things? And what are you considering law enforcement?
The 99% of law enforcement officers who do no wrong, but are not only accused of everything, but attacked by mobs just trying to do their job and protect the innocent. Both the US News Media and various, 'new age leaders' in the Democratic party directly condone attacks on police.

Even the Central Park Five back in 1989 were hardly innocent. They were just innocent of the rape of a woman. Most still attacked, hurt and/or stole from people. It's one of the reasons Trump hasn't apologized. People need to remember how bad it was in '89 in New York City, especially Central Park.

As a Libertarian, I was against the 'tough on crime' movement in the early '90s, but understand it was fueled by a lot of things like that.

It is the Republicans who have consistently attacked the FBI, which last I checked, is a law enforcement agency.
Stop with the 3rd grader logic. The Republicans have attacked the 1% people in the FBI who have undermined the agency and its respect. Everyday FBI agents, especially those working outside the beltway (but even inside) are overwhelmingly Republican, and continue to be, for a reason.

The lost of respect was enabled by the DoJ under the Obama administration. Having worked directly with the FBI, it's the one thing a lot of FBI agents are pissed off about. Many of them want the Democratic party to stop fighting the investigations so the agency can finally be returned to what it was. Unfortunately they have impeded everything, which is why no agency in the cleared space works with the FBI any more.

And a huge reason the FBI cannot be trusted by other agencies is because of what Clinton's lawyers got the DoJ to do, utterly handcuffing them from doing any investigation into the 'classified spillage.' State was 'hands off.' Her employees were 'hands off.' Equipment wasn't seized. CIA, DISA, NSA, everyone threw up their hands like, WTF?!?!?! Clinton's lawyers ensured the FBI was neutered not just in her investigation, but going forward.

That said, I don't like Republicans attacking Comey, much less Trump. Comey's only mistake was leaking information. Had he not done that, he wouldn't have been fired. But even today, Comey clearly has an extremely negative view of Hillary Clinton, far more than Donald Trump. But the US News Media doesn't report that.

Last edited:
Many of those healthcare bills were Rand-Trump. Rand is perfect example of what good can come from actually working with Trump. The US News Media may not be covering those bills, but Small Businesses love Rand-Trump right now.

I utterly agree the Republicans in Congress are stupid at times. Just like the Democratic party, they are serving their 'big business masters' in their Congressional districts. It drives me nuts too.

The 99% of law enforcement officers who do no wrong, but are not only accused of everything, but attacked by mobs just trying to do their job and protect the innocent. Both the US News Media and various, 'new age leaders' in the Democratic party directly condone attacks on police.

Even the Central Park Five back in 1989 were hardly innocent. They were just innocent of the rape of a woman. Most still attacked, hurt and/or stole from people. It's one of the reasons Trump hasn't apologized. People need to remember how bad it was in '89 in New York City.

Stop with the 3rd grader logic. The Republicans have attacked the 1% people in the FBI who have undermined the agency and its respect.

And part of that was enabled by the DoJ under the Obama administration. Having worked directly with the FBI, it's the one thing a lot of FBI agents are pissed off about. Many of them want the Democratic party to stop fighting the investigations so the agency can finally be returned to what it was. Unfortunately they have impeded everything, which is why no agency in the cleared space works with the FBI any more. The FBI cannot be trusted.

That said, I don't like Republicans attacking Comey, much less Trump. Comey's only mistake was leaking information. Had he not done that, he wouldn't have been fired. But even today, Comey clearly has an extremely negative view of Hillary Clinton, far more than Donald Trump. But the US News Media doesn't report that.

It isnt 3rd grade logic at all, give me a break. If Republicans feel that the FBI needs to be called out on something, then go for it. I dont have a problem holding people accountable. The 3rd grade logic is the stupidity that Democrats dont support law enforcement. THey absolutely do, they just also want the people who screw up to be held accountable. NO diffierent than the Republicans when they go after the FBI. But the simplistic talking point Republicans go with is nothing than try to throw red meat to a lot of uninformed people in their base.

Even the Central Park Five back in 1989 were hardly innocent. They were just innocent of the rape of a woman. Most still attacked, hurt and/or stole from people. It's one of the reasons Trump hasn't apologized. People need to remember how bad it was in '89 in New York City, especially Central Park.

As a Libertarian, I was against the 'tough on crime' movement in the early '90s, but understand it was fueled by a lot of things like that.

Stop with the 3rd grader logic. The Republicans have attacked the 1% people in the FBI who have undermined the agency and its respect. Everyday FBI agents, especially those working outside the beltway (but even inside) are overwhelmingly Republican, and continue to be, for a reason.

The lost of respect was enabled by the DoJ under the Obama administration. Having worked directly with the FBI, it's the one thing a lot of FBI agents are pissed off about. Many of them want the Democratic party to stop fighting the investigations so the agency can finally be returned to what it was. Unfortunately they have impeded everything, which is why no agency in the cleared space works with the FBI any more.

And a huge reason the FBI cannot be trusted by other agencies is because of what Clinton's lawyers got the DoJ to do, utterly handcuffing them from doing any investigation into the 'classified spillage.' State was 'hands off.' Her employees were 'hands off.' Equipment wasn't seized. CIA, DISA, NSA, everyone threw up their hands like, WTF?!?!?!

Huh? Rand is in the Senate, these were passed in the house. Rand might have supported them, I would have to look that up, but regardless, that doesnt change the fact they were passed in the House and stalled in the Senate. Blame McConnell, not the house.

It isnt 3rd grade logic at all, give me a break. If Republicans feel that the FBI needs to be called out on something, then go for it.
They are! If you'd turn off your 3rd grader US News Media, you'd realize the Republicans want specific agents held accountable, including those who enabled them. Nope, you don't care.

Remember, even an independent investigation recommend Comey be fired. I'm so tired of that being a focal point of the investigation related to Russia and Trump, when Comey 'screwed up.' He knows it too. Comey is a really good man, who waded through a lot of political BS, and was well liked by FBI agents ... then, in the middle of political BS that totally made him out to 'be the bad guy' by the left, and then the right, he 'screwed up.'

But no, he was fired by Trump over Russia, right? Sigh ...

I dont have a problem holding people accountable.
Okay, explain to me what happened with the FBI in 2015+, and how it was Trump's doing?

The 3rd grade logic is the stupidity that Democrats dont support law enforcement. THey absolutely do, they just also want the people who screw up to be held accountable. NO diffierent than the Republicans when they go after the FBI. But the simplistic talking point Republicans go with is nothing than try to throw red meat to a lot of uninformed people in their base.
There are many Democratic leaders -- in the US Congress -- condoning attacks on law enforcement, Trump supporters, etc...

That's what's getting to people!

Lmao I love when people post facts that just blow 85's pure lies out of the water.

All he has are lies

It is amazing how uninformed people are. It is the Senate that isnt doing anything, not the house. McConnell only cares about confirming judges and wont even bring up a vote on a lot of the bills the house has passed.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
They are! If you'd turn off your 3rd grader US News Media, you'd realize the Republicans want specific agents held accountable, including those who enabled them. Nope, you don't care.

Remember, even an independent investigation recommend Comey be fired. I'm so tired of that being a focal point of the investigation related to Russia and Trump, when Comey 'screwed up.' He knows it too. Comey is a really good man, who waded through a lot of political BS, and was well liked by FBI agents ... then, in the middle of political BS that totally made him out to 'be the bad guy' by the left, and then the right, he 'screwed up.'

But no, he was fired by Trump over Russia, right? Sigh ...

Okay, explain to me what happened with the FBI in 2015+, and how it was Trump's doing?

There are many Democratic leaders -- in the US Congress -- condoning attacks on law enforcement, Trump supporters, etc...

That's what's getting to people!

Who has condoned attacks on law enforcement officers? Name the Democratic leaders who have done that.

Trump said on national TV he fired Comey over Russia, we have all seen the clip. So was he lying?

Last edited:
Back to the original comments. I'm very concerned about TDS. People have such TDS they make up fake hate crimes and try to attach Trump.

We can work past this serious condition. Love beats the hate on the left.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Huh? Rand is in the Senate, these were passed in the house. Rand might have supported them, I would have to look that up, but regardless, that doesnt change the fact they were passed in the House and stalled in the Senate. Blame McConnell, not the house.
Of course Rand is in the Senate. And he's an actual leader. One of these days the House will look at how the Senate acts, and recognize how things can get passed!

Trump is probably the most 'hand across the isle' Republican they'll ever get in the White House -- at least without a war (W. was notorious for 'pork' during the war). Rand has been completely villified in the US News Media for working with Trump. He doesn't care, Trump is getting his agenda passed.

And Small Businesses love it. Rand-Trump have advanced taxes, medical coverage and so many other things in ways that Small Businesses love, and Big Businesses hate.

Of course Rand is in the Senate. And he's an actual leader. One of these days the House will look at how the Senate acts, and recognize how things can get passed!

Trump is probably the most 'hand across the isle' Republican they'll ever get in the White House -- at least without a war (W. was notorious for 'pork' during the war). Rand has been completely villified in the US News Media for working with Trump. He doesn't care, Trump is getting his agenda passed.

And Small Businesses love it. Rand-Trump have advanced taxes, medical coverage and so many other things in ways that Small Businesses love, and Big Businesses hate.

Again, you are ignoring the Senate. Trump could be great working with the house (he isnt, but whatever), but if it doesnt pass in the Senate then your problem is with McConnell, not the house.

Who has condoned attacks on law enforcement offices? Name the Democratic leaders who have done that.
You know how this works. An alleged 'police brutality' event happens, and the facts are twisted by the US News Media. Democratic leaders then make statements.

Some walk them back when the facts come out months later, as they were duped by the US News Media. Others refuse to. We've seen the same in Chicago, with Smollett.

Heck, right now we have the same with Biden's alleged (and actually non) gaffe. It's always the same people too. Booker, Sharpton, Waters and others. They always find ways to 'walk the edge' on them too, but they condone it, pure and simple.

Flip the script. If a single Republican said the same, in support of police, it would be called 'condoning violence' by police. Moderates aren't idiots. They see it. And that's why they vote Trump.

This is what Pelosi knows is the problem with the party. But she cannot contain it.

Trump said on national TV he fired Comey over Russia, we have all seen the clip. So was he lying?
And what did Comey leak? That's the thing. Stop making 3rd grader statements. Reality is much deeper.

Again, you are ignoring the Senate. Trump could be great working with the house (he isnt, but whatever), but if it doesnt pass in the Senate then your problem is with McConnell, not the house.
And I said Republicans are idiots for not working with Trump too. But the House is being stupid in what it passes, especially now that it's Democratic.

BTW, have you actually seen some of this pork-laden, special interest-laden bills that come out of the House? Don't blame the Senate for dropping them. Trump isn't like W. either. He's not going to sign, let alone push the Senate to pass, such junk -- just for war votes.

Trump has kept us out of a war, and 'finished off' the ones from prior administrations. I was literally tired of Obama on ISIS and Syria. I just hope Trump learned what the Saudis are doing and pulls back from them too.

You know how this works. An alleged 'police brutality' event happens, and the facts are twisted by the US News Media. Democratic leaders then make statements.

Some walk them back when the facts come out months later, as they were duped by the US News Media. Others refuse to. We've seen the same in Chicago, with Smollett.

Heck, right now we have the same with Biden's alleged (and actually non) gaffe. It's always the same people too. Booker, Sharpton, Waters and others. They always find ways to 'walk the edge' on them too, but they condone it, pure and simple.

Flip the script. If a single Republican said the same, in support of police, it would be called 'condoning violence' by police. Moderates aren't idiots. They see it. And that's why they vote Trump.

This is what Pelosi knows is the problem with the party. But she cannot contain it.

And what did Comey leak? That's the thing. Stop making 3rd grader statements. Reality is much deeper.

So you basically after jumping through several hoops in your head you have determined they condone it? But I am the 3rd grader that doesnt live in reality? Have a good day dude.

So you basically after jumping through several hoops in your head you have determined they condone it? But I am the 3rd grader that doesnt live in reality? Have a good day dude.
Your hypocrisy is just another reason people will be voting for Trump, especially law enforcement and those who support them.

The funny thing is that Trump is all about 'tearing down' the 'tough on crime' movement, trying to help minorities and their unfair prosecution. The elitist, well-off minority leaders in Congress see that as a threat, and keep up the rhetoric.

And law enforcement is in the crossfire, when law enforcement has never been the problem, but the laws themselves.

It is bad public policy in your opinion, certainly not in everyones. But it is also a complicated process that doesnt need to be rushed without flushing out all the details to make sure it will work. But again, McConnell wouldnt even bring it to a vote, so there is no point in rushing it.
I'm not sure the Democrats want it either -- i.e., from the very left HuffPost ...

[

There has been a bill introduced, but not voted on yet. But you are still ignoring a significant part of this. If the House passed a medicare for all bill, there is no chance McConnell would allow it to pass, and you know this. So there isnt exactly a rush to get it worked out and voted on, knowing there is no chance it will get through the senate.

Uh yea, exactly. This is divided government which means Pelosi and her crew need to start passing things that aren't wildly in left field that can gain bipartisan support, which they've essentially not even attempted. Nothing has come out of the House that is even remotely significant.

But I also don't buy this "we can't vote on anything since it won't pass the Senate". Republicans passed tons and tons of legislation in the Obama years that didn't have a prayer of getting through Harry Reid.

Most every D candidate is promising things like MFA with absolutely no details; well, they control the frigging House and seemingly could help those candidates a lot if they worked a bill that somehow actually introduced and passed MFA.

But they can't and they won't, because MFA is a fantasy world pipedream that doesn't work and they all know it.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Uh yea, exactly. This is divided government which means Pelosi and her crew need to start passing things that aren't wildly in left field that can gain bipartisan support, which they've essentially not even attempted. Nothing has come out of the House that is even remotely significant.

But I also don't buy this "we can't vote on anything since it won't pass the Senate"
. Republicans passed tons and tons of legislation in the Obama years that didn't have a prayer of getting through Harry Reid.

Most every D candidate is promising things like MFA with absolutely no details; well, they control the frigging House and seemingly could help those candidates a lot if they worked a bill that somehow actually introduced and passed MFA.

But they can't and they won't, because MFA is a fantasy world pipedream that doesn't work and they all know it.

THey have voted on plenty of things, you are specifically talking about MFA. Essentially overhauling the healthcare system is a major endeavor, you dont just write and pass something like that over night. The ACA for instance took about a year to before it was passed, and that was with the Dems controlling the house and senate. At this point, if it was passed in the house, it would would be voted down in the house, or possibly not voted on at all. Basically, it is a lot of work for a major bill, that has no chance of going anywhere. THe reality, and everyone, including Democrats know, that if there is any sort of major healthcare reform, it isnt going to happen with McConnell in charge of the senate. They are much better off trying to pass things that have at least a chance of passing the senate, and focusing on major reform in 2021 if they were to win the presidency and/or senate.

BTW, they passed 2 bills aimed at lowering the cost of prescription drugs, which Trump has even advocated for and seems like it should be a pretty bipartisan idea. McConnell has yet to bring either to a vote in the Senate.
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...ome-gop-opposition-pass-bill-lower-drug-costs
https://judiciary.house.gov/news/pr...sses-bipartisan-bills-lower-prescription-drug

THey have voted on plenty of things, you are specifically talking about MFA. Essentially overhauling the healthcare system is a major endeavor, you dont just write and pass something like that over night. The ACA for instance took about a year to before it was passed, and that was with the Dems controlling the house and senate. At this point, if it was passed in the house, it would would be voted down in the house, or possibly not voted on at all. Basically, it is a lot of work for a major bill, that has no chance of going anywhere. THe reality, and everyone, including Democrats know, that if there is any sort of major healthcare reform, it isnt going to happen with McConnell in charge of the senate. They are much better off trying to pass things that have at least a chance of passing the senate, and focusing on major reform in 2021 if they were to win the presidency and/or senate.

lol ok well if you're telling me the D's are waiting until 2021 or beyond to pass anything meaningful and show that them controlling the House actually means something, then I'll take it.

I thought Democrats maintained that Obamacare was a great success?

lol ok well if you're telling me the D's are waiting until 2021 or beyond to pass anything meaningful and show that them controlling the House actually means something, then I'll take it.

I thought Democrats maintained that Obamacare was a great success?

THey cant pass anything major with the REpublicans controlling the senate. I dont know why this is so hard for you to understand You are essentially blaming them for not wasting everyones time, and two, for not rushing something (I notice you ignore that the ACA took about a year, yet you think with opposition they should have something passed in 6 months). But you keep ignoring they have passed 49 bills, so to act like they arent doing anything is simply not true.

THey cant pass anything major with the REpublicans controlling the senate. I dont know why this is so hard for you to understand You are essentially blaming them for not wasting everyones time, and two, for not rushing something (I notice you ignore that the ACA took about a year, yet you think with opposition they should have something passed in 6 months). But you keep ignoring they have passed 49 bills, so to act like they arent doing anything is simply not true.

Oh bullshit. These people ran on an agenda of being bold and getting things done - meaningful things - and they haven't even attempted. I guess it's hard to do so when they're obsessing over this faux impeachment of the President.

Where's the infrastructure bill? This had easily the broadest bipartisan support to go forward with any they haven't even drafted a credible bill to put up for a vote yet.

Oh bullshit. These people ran on an agenda of being bold and getting things done - meaningful things - and they haven't even attempted. I guess it's hard to do so when they're obsessing over this faux impeachment of the President.

Where's the infrastructure bill? This had easily the broadest bipartisan support to go forward with any they haven't even drafted a credible bill to put up for a vote yet.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-invest-in-aging-infrastructure-idUSKCN1RN1VZ

Ask Mitch who is the one balking at it. But that would mean you would have to hold your own side accountable for once.

“I’m all for taking it (infrastructure legislation) up once the president and Democrats, everybody says: ‘OK, here’s how we’re going to pay for it.’ As soon as that magically appears, I think we have a way forward,” McConnell said.

Pelosi has tried to work on something but again, it is Mitch who basically doesnt put any effort into it, but somehow it is all Dems fault.

But you still dont seem to understand that major bills take time. A congressional term is 2 years, not everything is going to be passed in 6 months, that simply isnt realistic.

And with infrastructure, why didn't the house and Senate pass that when Republicans controlled both?

Last edited:
Remember when the Republicans had the house, Senate and white house in a majority for two years and did Jack squat?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-invest-in-aging-infrastructure-idUSKCN1RN1VZ

Ask Mitch who is the one balking at it. But that would mean you would have to hold your own side accountable for once.

“I’m all for taking it (infrastructure legislation) up once the president and Democrats, everybody says: ‘OK, here’s how we’re going to pay for it.’ As soon as that magically appears, I think we have a way forward,” McConnell said.

Pelosi has tried to work on something but again, it is Mitch who basically doesnt put any effort into it, but somehow it is all Dems fault.

But you still dont seem to understand that major bills take time. A congressional term is 2 years, not everything is going to be passed in 6 months, that simply isnt realistic.

And with infrastructure, why didn't the house and Senate pass that when Republicans controlled both?

lol what? Unreal dude. McConnell literally said that he was waiting for the House and WH since 1.) they had meetings prior on this multiple times and 2.) a frigging bill starts in the House according to Civics 101

At least we're getting at what Democrats were trying to hide - that they really don't give a shit about legislating anything meaningful. 2018 was all about continuing the conspiracy and lies of the Russia hoax and trying to waste everyone's time with endless investigations to nowhere.

lol what? Unreal dude. McConnell literally said that he was waiting for the House and WH since 1.) they had meetings prior on this multiple times and 2.) a frigging bill starts in the House according to Civics 101

At least we're getting at what Democrats were trying to hide - that they really don't give a shit about legislating anything meaningful. 2018 was all about continuing the conspiracy and lies of the Russia hoax and trying to waste everyone's time with endless investigations to nowhere.

Dude, Mitch can easily be a part of those negotiations and help figure it out. That is how major bills work. The leaders try and work out the details, the house votes on it, then then senate votes on it.

And it is convenient you dont hold the Republicans accountable for something like infrastructure when they controlled the house, senate, and presidency for two years, but it is all the Dems fault because it hasnt passed in 6 months. Obama pushed for infrastrure as well with a Republican House and Senate, and they barely did anything. You arent even trying to hid your partisan hackery.

The funniest part about this though, is if you want Democrats to pass everything, then why dont you just vote for Democrats?

BTW, they passed 2 bills aimed at lowering the cost of prescription drugs, which Trump has even advocated for and seems like it should be a pretty bipartisan idea. McConnell has yet to bring either to a vote in the Senate.
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...ome-gop-opposition-pass-bill-lower-drug-costs
https://judiciary.house.gov/news/pr...sses-bipartisan-bills-lower-prescription-drug
I don't agree with many things in the CREATES Act, and it might actually increase prices. It seems like a pro-litigation act. I also don't like some of the requirements that may backfire.

Although the Stop STALLING Act looks good.

BTW, I stopped listening to Maddow almost a decade ago. She's the Progressive's version of Sean Hannity. She will literally blame a Republican, for what a Democrat did.

Dude, Mitch can easily be a part of those negotiations and help figure it out. That is how major bills work. The leaders try and work out the details, the house votes on it, then then senate votes on it.

And it is convenient you dont hold the Republicans accountable for something like infrastructure when they controlled the house, senate, and presidency for two years, but it is all the Dems fault because it hasnt passed in 6 months. Obama pushed for infrastrure as well with a Republican House and Senate, and they barely did anything. You arent even trying to hid your partisan hackery.

The funniest part about this though, is if you want Democrats to pass everything, then why dont you just vote for Democrats?

lol I don’t want Democrats to pass anything since their ideas are so terrible. I’m just amused since they swore they’d pass all of this stuff and yet they’ve wound up just obsessing over harassing Trump.

I mentioned infrastructure since it’s something the frigging Democrats AND Trump both professed to want and a lot of Republicans have said the same.

Pelosi went to see Trump on this issue and they had some level of agreement. Why then doesn’t this get put into a bill that they try to pass? Why don’t they even attempt to put something forward?

Ah that’s right- theyre too busy holding hearings on reparations and needlessly questioning Hope Hicks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT