ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question?

Trigeek

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2001
I just watched “the social dilemma”. Not sure who has watched it, I’d be interested in learning other thoughts.
Basically, it discusses what we already know, that we are all puppets, we are the product and our manipulation is what is bringing profits.

we’ve been trained and forced into these divisions and it’s making money.

So once this election is determined and Biden wins. Does it end? Does it just continue? Obviously if Trump wins I don’t think anything changes. Unfortunately, I don’t think it changes if Biden wins.
This board shares a common bond. UCF. I wonder if many of you I feel are so wrong and so misinformed where to meet at a tailgate, would we get along fine until politics are brought up.

I’ve lost friends on Facebook and other area because of the team game. Their belief in conspiracy plots.
How do we get off this hamster wheel?

Hiw do we move the needle back to the middle. I believe it all came crumbling down when media was not required to report alternative editorials. Thus spawned entertainment news That just feeds red meat.

How does it stop?

I just watched “the social dilemma”. Not sure who has watched it, I’d be interested in learning other thoughts.
Basically, it discusses what we already know, that we are all puppets, we are the product and our manipulation is what is bringing profits.

we’ve been trained and forced into these divisions and it’s making money.

So once this election is determined and Biden wins. Does it end? Does it just continue? Obviously if Trump wins I don’t think anything changes. Unfortunately, I don’t think it changes if Biden wins.
This board shares a common bond. UCF. I wonder if many of you I feel are so wrong and so misinformed where to meet at a tailgate, would we get along fine until politics are brought up.

I’ve lost friends on Facebook and other area because of the team game. Their belief in conspiracy plots.
How do we get off this hamster wheel?

Hiw do we move the needle back to the middle. I believe it all came crumbling down when media was not required to report alternative editorials. Thus spawned entertainment news That just feeds red meat.

How does it stop?
Looks like you’re starting to get it.

The fairness doctrine was anything but fair. It gives the government the right to regulate free political speech and was and would be enforced unfairly at the whims of whoever holds the scepter. The media is the way they are because they traded their heroes for gold.

Looks like you’re starting to get it.

The fairness doctrine was anything but fair. It gives the government the right to regulate free political speech and was and would be enforced unfairly at the whims of whoever holds the scepter. The media is the way they are because they traded their heroes for gold.
I’ll ignore the opening remark.
even with it’s flaws it’s was better than what we have now. Now you can pretty much get any viewpoint you want masked as news but not reality

even with it’s flaws it’s was better than what we have now. Now you can pretty much get any viewpoint you want masked as news but not reality
So you want an elected or appointed governing board to determine what information can be released to the public?

No I don’t think that is what we’d want. Do you believe the current situation is working?
I think there is a natural evolution occurring in media dissemination. Sure, there are lies that are reported but people don't like being lied to, so it'll work itself out eventually. I don't like the idea of a Pravda style national media overseer at all, so my preference would be to allow liars to be exposed for who they are and be rejected.

I think there is a natural evolution occurring in media dissemination. Sure, there are lies that are reported but people don't like being lied to, so it'll work itself out eventually. I don't like the idea of a Pravda style national media overseer at all, so my preference would be to allow liars to be exposed for who they are and be rejected.
I hear you but it’s all about money. It’s about clicks and views. I get the negative aspects of over regulation but it’s a pendulum. The negative aspects of no regulation exists aswell. I simply don’t trust 80% of the population to seek the truth. But yeah how do you define the truth? I think it starts with professional integrity and self governing within a certain industry. Take the medical profession. I’m an engineer but it’s physics and difficult to argue against science. There use to be (perhaps I’m naive) journalist integrity. Hmmmm

I hear you but it’s all about money. It’s about clicks and views. I get the negative aspects of over regulation but it’s a pendulum. The negative aspects of no regulation exists aswell. I simply don’t trust 80% of the population to seek the truth. But yeah how do you define the truth? I think it starts with professional integrity and self governing within a certain industry. Take the medical profession. I’m an engineer but it’s physics and difficult to argue against science. There use to be (perhaps I’m naive) journalist integrity. Hmmmm
I think the idea that journalistic integrity ever really existed is just romanticism. Confirmation bias has always existed and always will, but at the same time people don't like being lied to so the out and out liars can't continue to exist in any meaningful way. What is more disconcerting to me is people immediately disregarding a story based on who reports on it.

The easiest and most effective way would be for people to have a nice 🍄 trip. It can be done other ways but it's a heavy lift.

What makes you think that will change with Government regulation? The media has willingly given away its integrity and that’s a bell that they can’t unring.

I think the biggest thing is for us as consumers to take control of our data. It shouldn’t be the commodity it is.

It's called SAVAGE CAPITALISM. Profits over humanity. Save this word in your memory or google "savage capitalism"

It's called SAVAGE CAPITALISM. Profits over humanity. Save this word in your memory or google "savage capitalism"
He's right! Did you know Russians had to resort to cannibalism due to food shortages caused by the economic crisis of their Communist Capitalist Regime?

Russia_Famine_Saratov_1921.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT