ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting at High School in Santa Fe, TX

shooter taken into custody. i hope they were able to stop him before he killed anyone.

i know that a sro stopped a shooting the other day in illinois, didnt see it get much airtime though.

Here’s a live shot of the shooter being taken into custody

56d98cec1e0000950070f45a.jpeg

I refuse to get into a political debate about guns. I will say that until we decide that we need to find out why we have students who want to murder their classmates and peers this situation is not going to improve
Because some human beings have mental disorders and we are a violent species as a default. This, mixed with hormones and immaturity and you are going to have a few students out of tens of millions who act on these malformed thoughts.

Now that you understand that with a sample size of tens of millions the fringe are always going to be dangerous can we start talking about how to protect the average kid from the fringe?

Because some human beings have mental disorders and we are a violent species as a default. This, mixed with hormones and immaturity and you are going to have a few students out of tens of millions who act on these malformed thoughts.

Now that you understand that with a sample size of tens of millions the fringe are always going to be dangerous can we start talking about how to protect the average kid from the fringe?
require sro's, maybe limit ingress/egress points, allow teachers to carry(if they want to), and have metal detectors?

Make the fringe mental health people less deadly is off the table?
im ok with adding something to the background check system that looks for people that have been checked into a mental facility. however it needs to be worded in the right way and not vague.

so what do you think about my recommendations?

im ok with adding something to the background check system that looks for people that have been checked into a mental facility. however it needs to be worded in the right way and not vague.

I'm fine with them as long as they also include my provision of taking everyone's guns and melting them down.

That wouldn't do anything about high school kids. They are not allowed to have guns.

The source of the gun(s) is an accomplice and should be tried as such.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I'm willing to accept your ideas and you won't accept mine then you say I'm not willing to have a conversation. That's not fair.
IF its not realistic to round up 10-15 million illegal aliens in the country, how is your idea of finding 300 million guns and destroying them a real conversation?

Horrible. Sheriff said 8-10 people are dead,most of them are students.

Killer, who was also a student at this HS...walked into an Art Class and opened fire, supposedly with a shotgun.

2 people were detained, including the shooter.

3 victims are in hospital, including an LEO, Adult and a student.

IF its not realistic to round up 10-15 million illegal aliens in the country, how is your idea of finding 300 million guns and destroying them a real conversation?
I'm not here to solve the logistics of this task on the UCF off topic message board. That's why we have politicians. All I know is that if we were successful in melting every gun in America school shootings would stop.

buyback programs where the biggest companies in each State help out and take a short term loss would help. An example for Florida is that a Publix gift card in exchange for turned in guns, I don't expect that to happen but ideas like that would be successful

buyback programs where the biggest companies in each State help out and take a short term loss would help. An example for Florida is that a Publix gift card in exchange for turned in guns, I don't expect that to happen but ideas like that would be successful

Excellent idea. Would be criminals and mass murderers would no doubt turn in their illegal firearms for a $20 publix gift card*

There are already a lot of buyback programs. 1041 has them and they take in a lot. Someone that wants to kill their classmates is not going to turn in a gun though.

Why do they want to kill their classmates?

Reactions: UCFWayne
Straying a little off course but this is a good bit about our society in general.

Tell me with a straight face that if this was a Muslim this same thread would have gone the same way.

Tell me if it was the son of a hispanic illegal immigrant that your solution would be T&P and metal detectors.

You're side is so transparent it's hilarious.
You nor anyone else has every seen me waiver on discipline , justice, punishment, gun control or anything similar based on those things you mentioned , but yeah I am a racist very clearly because I am not a loud mouth know it all liberal in your book and believe in my right as a lawful citizen to own guns for both sport and protection . GTFO with your ignorant childish BS

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT