ADVERTISEMENT

Shot a .500 sw this afternoon

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
HOLY CRAP!!!!!! the first shot intimidated the hell out of me, then it got fun. From 30 yards shot a propane tank, clean in and out. Crazy close grouping for a rank amateur like me. Highly recommend it if you like shooting for fun.

Reactions: UCFWayne
.500 AE is where it's at. I owned a 50 cal deagle for a brief period of time. That thing was incredible. The recoil was nearly nonexistent, thanks to the 9 pound slab of solid steel soaking it up. So much fun shooting while offshore at targets floating on the water.

No way would I shoot anything like that without it being in at least a rifle carbine with more weight, a stock and related control of that recoil.

i could see shooting it once if a friend had one or rented it at a range. i dont see the point of owning one. dad had a 41 magnum and it was fun on occasion but that was it.

And that’s the smart way to be . A weapon you aren’t comfortable with should never be in your hands
Indeed. I wish we taught more kids this too, instead of them handling one for the first time and being so brash, looking at it like a source of power.

Ah, sorry to be so harsh. I figured you’d be more experienced.
No offense taken. I've only had two (2) NRA safety courses, and only fired 9mm, .45ACP and .22 LR to date.

However, my next door neighbor here in Alabama is a firearms instructor from Miami, and has a little shooting area on his 20 acres. So I plan on getting a lot more experience and exposure later this year.

Too easy to make this dirty.
I'll go there ... I wasn't 'too experienced' before I met my wife either (lots of girlfriends, but so little beyond 2nd or 3rd base).

But none of that matters ... once you find the perfect woman to spend the rest of your life with. I did back in '94.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT