ADVERTISEMENT

Shots are so safe that here's federal vaccine claims court:

Seal the border and most of the problem goes away. There is real fears over why the autism rate has blown up, 1 in 88 is ridiculous. I am not blaming in on vaccinations, but will admit I don't know the answer. Lets be honest no on else knows either.

FFS goodknight use your ****ing head.

In 2000 and 2002, the autism estimate was about 1 in 150 children. Two years later 1 in 125 8-year-olds was believed to have autism. In 2006, the number grew to 1 in 110, and then the number went up to 1 in 88 based on 2008 data. It's now 1 in 68.

The largest jump has come with kids with an average or above avg IQ of 85.

Now why do you think that is? Did you ever think about increased awareness in identifying and diagnosing? That the idea of what we classify as autism has changed in the last 20 years.

Use your freaking brain.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Reactions: DaShuckster
Originally posted by UCF w00t:
I'm SHOCKED that SAD is an anti-vaxxer.
meh...obvious troll is obvious...

this forum has sucked for a few years...he cant make it any worse...

Originally posted by ChrisKnight06:
FFS goodknight use your fukcing head.

In 2000 and 2002, the autism estimate was about 1 in 150 children. Two years later 1 in 125 8-year-olds was believed to have autism. In 2006, the number grew to 1 in 110, and then the number went up to 1 in 88 based on 2008 data. It's now 1 in 68.

Now why do you think that is? Did you ever think about increased awareness in identifying and diagnosing? That the idea of what we classify as autism has changed in the last 20 years.

Use your freaking brain.
You have a better chance of picking 6 winning numbers. He dumb.

And yes, Sad is trolling. I have read several of his posts where he has stated shots are safe and have nothing to do with autism. Move on.

"Oh hi Debbie! Yep, he's doing great! No, he doesn't have autism at all, but his polio is progressing nicely."

Vaccinations is actually one thing that I DO believe should be mandatory. It preserves our herd-immunity. There are many children that depend on this herd-immunity because of various immune-disorders. It is not a conspiracy to make kids autistic.

Also, autism is "increasing" simply because the definition is getting broader and broader. There are some kids that are 100% functioning in society that you would never know were autistic...

Read the court's opinions. Most of the orders are claims for attorneys fees after their claims of autism or other neurological disorders were dismissed by the court as having no merit.

Two possible Republican presidential nominees, Rand Paul and Chris Christie, hopped on the Anti-Vax Train this week.

LOL.

Originally posted by chemmie:
Two possible Republican presidential nominees, Rand Paul and Chris Christie, hopped on the Anti-Vax Train this week.

LOL.
Speaking of another Presidential candidate:

As a U.S. senator and presidential candidate in 2008, Hillary Clinton expressed support for the theory that childhood vaccinations contribute to autism, writing in a campaign questionnaire that she was "committed" to finding the causes of autism, including "possible environmental causes like vaccines."

As The American Prospect reported in April of that year, Clinton called for more research into the autism-vaccination link in response to a questionnaire from the group Advocates for Children's Health Affected by Mercury Poisoning, or A-CHAMP.

Clinton wrote that she was "committed to make investments to find the causes of autism, including possible environmental causes like vaccines."

By the way, while Paul is an idiot like his father, Christie did clarify his remarks to show that what he was saying is really nothing controversial:

"To be clear: The governor believes vaccines are an important public health protection and with a disease like measles there is no question kids should be vaccinated. At the same time different states require different degrees of vaccination, which is why he was calling for balance in which ones government should mandate."

But since chemmie is so fair and blanaced in his crying, I'm sure he just forgot to include this*

I don't care who you are, if you definitively say that vaccines cause metal disorders, you are and idiot and not fit to run the country, let alone have children.

It's my hope that anti-vaxxers kill themselves off. Survival of the fittest.
It unfortunately doesn't work exactly that way. Vaccines are not 100% effective on an individual basis. However, if you get a high enough percentage of the population vaccinated, it becomes very difficult for single cases of diseases to spread.
The real shame of this anti-vaxxer movement is that they are providing pathways through the population to infect kids who did get vaccinated, but it was ineffective.

FFS goodknight use your * head.

Use your freaking brain.
DING DING DING DING!!!!!
On top of that, parents are more eager to place blame on something rather than having it "just be" because "it is".

Originally posted by UCFKnight85:

LOL.

As a U.S. senator and presidential candidate in 2008, Hillary Clinton expressed support for the theory that childhood vaccinations contribute to autism, writing in a campaign questionnaire that she was "committed" to finding the causes of autism, including "possible environmental causes like vaccines."

As The American Prospect reported in April of that year, Clinton called for more research into the autism-vaccination link in response to a questionnaire from the group Advocates for Children's Health Affected by Mercury Poisoning, or A-CHAMP.

Clinton wrote that she was "committed to make investments to find the causes of autism, including possible environmental causes like vaccines."
Call me crazy but politicians on both sides need to STFU and let authorities from the medical field handle the PR on this issue. The public has a general mistrust in politicians as it were. Politicize vaccinations and you'll probably have even more people refusing to get them for their kids.

I think the parents of autistic kids deep down feel it's somehow their fault so instead they lash out and blame it on vaccines. It's impossible that their perfect genes could've led to a child born with autism. They just can't accept that sometimes stuff doesn't go right and things happen and it's no one's fault.

Originally posted by UCFRogerz:
I don't care who you are, if you definitively say that vaccines cause metal disorders, you are and idiot and not fit to run the country, let alone have children.
laugh.r191677.gif
oh the irony

Originally posted by KnighttimeJoe:
And yes, Sad is trolling. I have read several of his posts where he has stated shots are safe and have nothing to do with autism. Move on.
Why is providing a legitimate link a troll, doc?*

Originally posted by UCFOleboy:
Why is providing a legitimate link a troll, doc?*
Because you've said in the past that vaccinations weren't the cause of autism.

Hell, I think you even linked the page to the Autism Speaks website that says they strongly encourage that one vaccinates their kids. This was a couple years back...

All medicines, including vaccinations, have potential side effects. For vaccines, autism is not one of them.

Am I the only one who thinks it's borderline illegal to drum up baseless anti-vax sentiment? Like, if I went on a crusade about how dangerous driving sober is, wouldn't I get arrested as a detriment to public safety or something? It confounds me that we allow stupid people to have so much say in this country.

Originally posted by FearTheKnight:
All medicines, including vaccinations, have potential side effects. For vaccines, autism is not one of them.

Am I the only one who thinks it's borderline illegal to drum up baseless anti-vax sentiment? Like, if I went on a crusade about how dangerous driving sober is, wouldn't I get arrested as a detriment to public safety or something? It confounds me that we allow stupid people to have so much say in this country.
No, you would not be arrested.

Like it or not, allowing dumb people to say dumb, dangerous things is protected free speech.

Originally posted by R1776U:
laugh.r191677.gif
oh the irony
Yes. A typo is ironic.

LOL.

Call me crazy but politicians on both sides need to STFU and let authorities from the medical field handle the PR on this issue. The public has a general mistrust in politicians as it were. Politicize vaccinations and you'll probably have even more people refusing to get them for their kids.
So you are saying that a politician, who ( to wildly differing levels ) reflects the thoughts of the people they represent, would not comment on a controversial situation such as this? Especially in the social media age where it's easier than ever to say something with no filter?

laugh.r191677.gif
oh the irony
Yes. A typo is ironic.
and you can't proof read your post before calling other people idiots?

laugh.r191677.gif
oh the irony
Yes. A typo is ironic.
and you can't proof read your post before calling other people idiots?
If you're going to be a grammar nazi, at least use correct grammar yourself.

Originally posted by brahmanknight:

LOL.

So you are saying that a politician, who ( to wildly differing levels ) reflects the thoughts of the people they represent, would not comment on a controversial situation such as this? Especially in the social media age where it's easier than ever to say something with no filter?
First of all, there should be absolutely no controversy. Science has proven time and again that all of those fears are completely and totally unfounded. But I understand what you are saying. I think the more you involve politicians, however, the more reluctant some become to believe that science. In the case of Rand Paul, seriously, stfu.

Herd all these morons up and let them all die. They're fuking stupid. Measles, polio, rubella, etc were all gone. I can't wait until Jenny McCarthy has a bunch of paralyzed kids from polio.

Originally posted by FearTheKnight:

No, you would not be arrested.

Like it or not, allowing dumb people to say dumb, dangerous things is protected free speech.
I decided to look it up and I think the reason my example doesn't apply is because it's actually promoting breaking the law. You don't have the right to falsely incite lawbreaking but vaccinations aren't required by law. I don't see them as being fundamentally different situations but the letter of the law is what it is.

People who announce that vaccines don't cause autism are simply misleading you. There is a very high likelihood subsets
of infants in the general population may be suseptible to vaccinations. It's been routinely shown that certain primates have
terrible reactions to vaccines under clinical studies. While I don't think vaccines are unsafe as a whole, I do believe not all children
react in a similar manner. Would vaccinate again, but much, much slower. *

So i guess the possible case of autism is worse than all the diseases vaccines were meant to cure. As for Rand Paul, im sure he's trying to make his Alex Jones audience happy...the ones he catered to when he started his political career.

People who announce that vaccines don't cause autism are simply misleading you.
If by "people" you mean "the entire body of scientific evidence and discourse," then yes, maybe "people" are misleading us.

Here's what I tell idiots when they think there's a conspiracy. If I could find faithful and reproducible a link between autism and vaccines, even under a small and specific set of circumstances, I would be fukking famous. I could get Harvard and Stanford to compete for me as a faculty. Any scientist in the field would give a nut/ovary to find something like that. It's not there.

There is no controversy, there is only consensus.

2 billion dollars awarded to victims of vaccinations per the federal government. Why, they're safe?*
roll.r191677.gif
This comes straight from their website:

The vaccine injured community is composed of people, young and old, who are suffering from a spectrum of chronic illness and disabilities, including learning disabilities and developmental delays, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism, seizure disorders, mental retardation, diabetes, asthma, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis and other kinds of neuroimmune and autoimmune dysfunction.

Autism Omnibus Proceeding

Beginning around 2001, hundreds and then thousands families began to petition NVICP claiming that their children's autism resulted from vaccination. (See the article The History of Anti-vaccination Movements, and specifically the section "The Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) Vaccine Controversy" for a discussion of the origin of these claims.) To deal with the volume of these petitions, and to address the assertion that a causal relationship existed between vaccination and autism, the NVICP established a special program in 2002 called the Omnibus Autism Proceeding, housed within the U.S. Court of Federal Claims Office of Special Masters.

The OAP consolidated many of the autism claims into three test cases that rested on different theories of causation. The first test case addressed the issue of whether measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine alone or given along with thimerosal-containing vaccines (TCVs) is a causal factor in development of autism. (Thimerosal is an ethylmercury compound that was a common preservative in some killed vaccines.) The second test case examined TCVs alone. The third test case was to look solely at MMR vaccines, but the case was withdrawn after parties announced that they would rely on the findings of the first test case.

A special master issued the first opinion in the OAP on theory one in 2009. The ruling found, in three test cases consolidated into theory one, that MMR vaccine given alone or with TCVs is not a causal factor in autism. Theory two was decided in 2010, with a finding of no causal relation between TCVs and autism. Appeals by petitioners in the two test cases have been unsuccessful, and autism has not been added to the VIT for any vaccine.

Petitioners remaining in the OAP must submit new evidence or theories of causation of autism by vaccines, abide by the existing rulings as their cases are dismissed by the OAP, or exit the program to pursue other legal options. To date, no other theories of causes have been ruled upon, though petitioners are attempting to advance them.

These anti-vax losers are free to move to eastern Syria. Or Yemen.

There are no vaccinations there.

very simple fix...if your kids are not vaxed your kids go to a school for other kids without vaccines...

ADVERTISEMENT