Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Yes, 1-1 if cows won’t take 2-1

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Yes, restart series after a few years break

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Hell no, done with those used up whores

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters
No, they are nothing more than a high school team with average academics and mostly fast food working graduates.

New answer "Tired of the question."

They have no open dates. Have no problem with a 2 for 1, they love that. Now for reality. Unless we ditch our AD, or he ditches us, we'll play them again. Guaranteed. He stresses local games. It will happen and he'll be sucker enough to do a 1 for 1, when they'll be on their knees begging for at least a 2 for 1. Also expect FIU and FAU and any other Fl team in existence.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Lol 2 for 1 is the best option by far. Let them know their place but still offer it to them. More than what we got from them.

The thing with usf is they wouldn't appreciate the gesture if we did a 1-1. They would still think us equal as if we need them. It's that entitled and whiny attitude from them that I would not offer them the 1-1.

If they were a reasonable, grateful team/fanbase that shared a good comradery with us (like uf/fsu fsu/miami usc/ucla iowa/iowa st) then maybe be nice and do the 1-1. Since that's not the case and because I still want to continue the rivalry since it is a rivalry with history and bad blood then yes give them the 2-1 option. Doubt they would take it though.

The thing with usf is they wouldn't appreciate the gesture if we did a 1-1.

s. fla already set the precedent when they moved to Big East back in the day.

They didn’t offer UCF any deals for 06/07 while they were BE and we were CUSA. We again became conference mates in 08 re establishing the rivalry

Based on that precedent, and given the gap between B12 is so much more, I think it’s a no brainer. NO deals. I would rather play UF 2/1

Seriously. if USF doesn't even want it why do some of our fans (especially online) keep pushing for it?

I’d rather try to play Miami in a series ..way more recruiting upside beating them
This is exactly what I'm talking about. They don't care/make an effort to even try to continue the rivalry with us which will undoubtedly be good for them if they tried. This school gets what it deserves.

Seriously if I'm TM I would publicly offer them the 2-1. Win win situation for us. A) We make it clear we're P5 and they're G5 and that's the status quo B) If they accept fine they acknowledging they are the lesser and we continue a heated rivalry which both fan bases like and C) if they don't accept fine that's on them for declining and we still gave them opportunity even if they didn't like the offer- they get what they get, and we can always point back to history and say they never even offered us that when they went to BE and we stayed in cUSA.

Missed opportunity if TM doesn't do this PR stunt.

Last edited:
I'd say leave it be for a few years and then schedule a 2 for 1 in the future. The rivalry has lost its luster ever since they became a total mess. Perhaps 5-10 years from now it will be interesting to play them again like it is to mix in FAU or FIU now and then (2 for 1 only since that is their established going rate for in-state schools in better conferences).

From my understanding there’s nothing we can do to schedule them anytime soon with their schedule being full. They sold their soul with a bevy of 2 for 1’s to play the best to be the best lmfao. But I’m on board to continue the rivalry every year with a pay game or 2 for 1 as well. I’m not being a hypocrite, they are just not even close to being on the same level with us especially after the move to the Big12 and have taken 2 for 1’s like hot cakes so why would we do 1 for 1’s? We were at least looking for 1 for 1’s with similar level P5’s (with little success).

Let’s continue to play them but at our terms. They basically NEED our money, some of their best sold games are against us.

We, as a fan base, need to get back to the reality of who we are. We are not that far ahead of USF. We had big parts of our pretty small stadium empty against a Power 5 team from the next state last Saturday. True, we have created a small gap between us and USF but this is a really good rivalry that needs to be kept. We need to have 2-3 good rivalry games each year. Cincinnati is a developing rivalry but not nearly as heated as USF. Rivalries make college football better. We don't have many rivalries and this really engages both fan bases. We need to continue the "War on I-4 all sports trophies" and try to add football games to it whenever possible.

I am in the minority I guess on this board but I don’t enjoy the Rivalry and feel we overstate how much we ‘need’ it for Thanksgiving weekend attendance.

Reactions: HammerB08
I agree @surfer98 but I like to hold grudges :)

This is the only thing I don't like about our membership in the Big12 - no rivalries. Maybe Cincy and Houston. Besidss this, we don't have much in common with the members.

They have been shite lately, but 3 of the last 5 games were still close and one of them just happened to be one of the games in our history.

The real question is would playing usf be better than BCU, FAU, FIU, etc. That’s what they’re up against in terms of our scheduling approach.

…all that being said, I’m still good with a break.

I think most every college team is on the verge of falling apart. The whole team turns over 100% every 5 years, the key players every 2-3 years. Throw in a coaching change and the transfer portal and it's more than that, even.

Acting like we've arrived and they're in the dust is what they did to us in 2007. They were #2 once, you know.

Clearly we are more ahead of them now than they were us then, but was it obvious back then that the big east was going to collapse?

Houston was in the southwest conference. Then realignment turned them into have-nots. We were BCS for a year. Then we weren't. Cincy took a big step down that year. They were and had been BCS and then they weren't. Who knows what is in store for us, but unless you're in the SEC or Big 10, the shadow of realignment looms over all the schools which aren't traditional powers.

The point is, its hard to say we've left anyone behind for good.

I am in the minority I guess on this board but I don’t enjoy the Rivalry and feel we overstate how much we ‘need’ it for Thanksgiving weekend attendance.
Agreed, how many times are they going to screw us over and glom on to our accomplishments before some whackadoos here decide enough is enough. Kick them and their high school team to the curb like the gutter trash they are.

You know over at the crap pen and they posted an evacuation order for trailer owners. Why? Because they are looking out for their alumni. And they deride us constantly for being near Oveido. I’ll be honest, one reason we moved out of state is because 2 recent grads couldn’t afford a house there (1990).

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Agreed, how many times are they going to screw us over and glom on to our accomplishments before some whackadoos here decide enough is enough. Kick them and their high school team to the curb like the gutter trash they are.

You know over at the crap pen and they posted an evacuation order for trailer owners. Why? Because they are looking out for their alumni. And they deride us constantly for being near Oveido. I’ll be honest, one reason we moved out of state is because 2 recent grads couldn’t afford a house there (1990).
I can list a bunch of reasons but the arrogance despite the state of their Program is just annoying so I say F them. also they like to turn it into a Tampa v Orlando thing which I find annoying considering thousands of UCF students are from Tampa .

Reactions: 90Knight
I can list a bunch of reasons but the arrogance despite the state of their Program is just annoying so I say F them. also they like to turn it into a Tampa v Orlando thing which I find annoying considering thousands of UCF students are from Tampa .
Good point, never really thought about how many kids from Tampa we got in UCF.

after the gt game i got routed through there to head back home. I hadnt seen oviedo in many years and it looks like a great place to put roots down

Legend has it that back in the 50's and 60's, when the Alligator was an endangered species, all trapped Gators were released into Lake Jessup on the rationale that no development would ever take place in Oviedo.

That story may not even be true, but I remember being told that repeatedly back in the 80's and 90's.

Legend has it that back in the 50's and 60's, when the Alligator was an endangered species, all trapped Gators were released into Lake Jessup on the rationale that no development would ever take place in Oviedo.

That story may not even be true, but I remember being told that repeatedly back in the 80's and 90's.
Oveido was already a high priced real estate market when we were trying to get in there in 1990. So we moved to Houston and our first house (brand new) was $45 per sq ft. Then 10 years ago, our 2nd house was $106 per sq ft. Wouldn’t Oveido be twice that?

Good point, never really thought about how many kids from Tampa we got in UCF.
without looking at numbers for the the new 26 class most years Palm Beach County seems to have the most students from outside of central florida but it wouldn’t surprise me if Tampa-St Pete was 2nd . go to Tampa and see UCF shirts everywhere now. assume Boca still has a massive presence

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT