ADVERTISEMENT

SI Game of the Year, Vote for War on I-4

Lol. The Super Bowl. The NFL refs forget how to do their job for a quarter and a half during the biggest sporting even of the year.

I don't think you can underestimate the importance of that win for UCF. This game was the first time that the War on I-4 had anything on the line besides bragging rights. It had everything on the line for both teams and what drama. Best game in Spectrum Stadium ever.

I don't think you can underestimate the importance of that win for UCF. This game was the first time that the War on I-4 had anything on the line besides bragging rights. It had everything on the line for both teams and what drama. Best game in Spectrum Stadium ever.
Until the game one week later

Until the game one week later
No, I think the USF game was more important than the Memphis game. Just from a program identity standpoint. To allow USF to go to the AAC Championship and beat us again would have been really really bad. Losing to Memphis would not have ben great but we still would have had the division championship over USF.

No, I think the USF game was more important than the Memphis game. Just from a program identity standpoint. To allow USF to go to the AAC Championship and beat us again would have been really really bad. Losing to Memphis would not have ben great but we still would have had the division championship over USF.
That doesn’t make it the greatest game in Spectrum stadium history. Without beating Memphis the USF win would have been meaningless except for moving the record to 3-6.
Never did I think we were going to lose the USF game. During Memphis had to sit thru 2 FGs that would have lost us the game and OT.

That doesn’t make it the greatest game in Spectrum stadium history. Without beating Memphis the USF win would have been meaningless except for moving the record to 3-6.
Never did I think we were going to lose the USF game. During Memphis had to sit thru 2 FGs that would have lost us the game and OT.
I disagree. If we lose to USF it all ends. If we lose to Memphis we still kept USF from a championship. The win would still be meaningful. The USF game was more important, plus it is the Cows. The grief that we would had to have endured if they won would have been unfathomable. The way that USF was able to score on us I though they were going to take it down the field again until the fumble. Only then was that game settled. And that run by Mike Hughes just ignited the stadium like it has never been ignited before or since. Plus the lights etc.. No. The USF game was the best game in SS history IMHO

I have to believe that most would agree. Losing to Memphis and as a Knight you could still enjoy the Holidays. Losing to the Cows and most would of lost their Thanksgiving left overs. I don't care what the event is, could be pitching pennies. The Cows need to lose and lose badly.

Reactions: Wings0fred
Most of the other choices were baseball games. Baseball fans are 80 years old. They don't use the interwebs.
There are also tennis matches which are boring no matter what happens, but some of dem ladies is fiiiine. Soccer games which are nice for summers with nothing else going on and NBA games which are rigged and don't deserve votes.

I did enjoy watching the gnats getting kicked out of the playoffs by the Cubs, but c'mon two college rivals battling for a NYE day bowl game and respect from the rest of college football is so much better than crusty old professional athletes just going to work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT