ADVERTISEMENT

[SIAP] Saturday Sports Coverage of Big XII Expansion - CBS, ESPN, Fox, et al.

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
Sorry if someone already started a thread on this, but I've been remiss in finding a lot of good coverage of the Big XII expansion this past weekend.

Short Version - Q: Anyone have any clips or references?

TL;DR Version:

ESPN
College Game Day didn't cover it at all, which is probably for a variety of reasons (everything from legal to not wanting to pay, which is shocking given how much they talk about everything), with other ESPN shows only limitedly covering it separately (insert same reasons).

CBS was largely limited outside of Dodd and 1-2 others, some rather insulting too. But, several said ...

Fox had far more coverage on their late Saturday morning show. Again, anyone have any clips or references? One might even argue that Fox is looking for a 'bigger piece' of the 'New Big XII pie?'

I've really been disappointed with the sports networks, while The Athletic had some of the best coverage, including detailed breakdowns on both Football and even Basketball metrics and realities too.

At the suggestion of being seemingly narcissistic, maybe we could make this thread a collection of just articles, YouTube clips and other references going forward ... just from the major sports networks? (or not)

I'm going to hit the ESPN+ archives later tonight when I'm home from work. From the 'Shareholder' thread ...

What's interesting is on Sports Center after all of this they combined all of the results of our games into one discussion after Big XII... This was while BYU was still playing but they mentioned the other new B12 program beating Utah. More dedication on SC than on college gameday - go figure.

BTW, I'm aware there is also sister thread on just ESPN ...

ADVERTISEMENT