ADVERTISEMENT

slightly OT: USA rules again, about to be world champs in Soccer

She scored the most goals while sitting out an entire game due to injury.

Sorry not sorry you don't like winning or facts*.

LOL, escalate much*

I am thrilled that the US has won another World Cup. No idea why you would think otherwise.

Morgan had the same number of goals and assists. How many of her goals were on PKs?

LOL, escalate much*

I am thrilled that the US has won another World Cup. No idea why you would think otherwise.

Morgan had the same number of goals and assists. How many of her goals were on PKs?

Lmao, bro she won the golden boot AND golden ball. What are you trying to accomplish? Or are you actually serious and incapable of performing a basic Google search?*

Lmao, bro she won the golden boot AND golden ball. What are you trying to accomplish? Or are you actually serious and incapable of performing a basic Google search?*

Just trying to have a discussion about the accomplishment is all. Is it not an option to compare two players with the same number of goals and assists? Is that something that you are not interested in? And of course I am capable of performing a google search. What are you trying to accomplish by asking such a question?*

Just trying to have a discussion about the accomplishment is all. Is it not an option to compare two players with the same number of goals and assists? Is that something that you are not interested in? And of course I am capable of performing a google search. What are you trying to accomplish by asking such a question?*

They are both amazing players. One is slightly more amazing, as evidenced by her literal butt load of trophies.

Hope I was able to make this statement without offending anyone*

They are both amazing players. One is slightly more amazing, as evidenced by her literal butt load of trophies.

True, both amazing players. I am not sure that making PKs is more impressive than scoring goals in the run of play. Maybe @Jedi.Knight could weigh back in. He seems to know a bit more about the game. Try not to be offended by the discussion.*

True, both amazing players. I am not sure that making PKs is more impressive than scoring goals in the run of play. Maybe @Jedi.Knight could weigh back in. He seems to know a bit more about the game. Try not to be offended by the discussion.*

Dunno, I have overt racists and homophobes like him on ignore. Not much to be gleaned from their inbred ramblings.

Insightful discussion, you should work for FIFA, let them know they messed up their awards*

Dunno, I have overt racists and homophobes like him on ignore. Not much to be gleaned from their inbred ramblings.

Insightful discussion, you should work for FIFA, let them know they messed up their awards*

I had no idea @Jedi.Knight was labeled as such. I suppose that would negate any contribution to the PKs vs run of play goal discussion.

Do you think FIFA messed up the award? I didn’t say they did, and that isn’t what I am talking about. PK goals count the same as a goal in the run of play, She got the award over Morgan for playing less minutes. I just think they are less impressive. This isn’t a deep insightful topic by any means, just passing time on a topic of interest. So what do you think? Are PKs more, less, or equally as impressive?

Morgan scored 5 of her 6 goals against the worst team in the tournament. A team that surrendered an additional 8 goals not scored by Morgan. So while you may have a point that scoring in the run of play is more impressive (Rapino did that 4 times and Morgan 6), a bit more context is needed. Both players had an impressive World Cup. I would say Rapino’s was more impressive, but it’s just an opinion.

Morgan scored 5 of her 6 goals against the worst team in the tournament. A team that surrendered an additional 8 goals not scored by Morgan. So while you may have a point that scoring in the run of play is more impressive (Rapino did that 4 times and Morgan 6), a bit more context is needed. Both players had an impressive World Cup. I would say Rapino’s was more impressive, but it’s just an opinion.

Pretty much this. Also if FIFA gave her the golden ball and golden boot that's good enough for me. Morgan is insanely talented and I'm not fit to hold her sports bra, but Rapinoe is (as I said before) a national treasure.

Good points. Rapinoe did take a bit to show up in this WC. She could have easily loaded her account in the 13-0 drubbing but alas ... At any rate, her goal against France was huge and a thing of beauty. The golden boot was there for Morgan in the final. Her and Heath just plain missed golden opportunities during that game (and the Dutch keeper was playing really well). Any of the 3 would have made their PKs if they were called upon but they were Rapinoe’s to take (I thought there were 3 not 2) and the Golden Boot was hers by mere minutes played. Not a bad problem to have. Goals, assists, and awards aside, I think Lavelle may have been the best player out there.

Clearly, the US must be doing something right, it is pretty amazing that our backups would have a solid shot at finishing in the top 3. Now if we could just get the USMNT back to respectability.

Last edited:
Any of the 3 would have made their PKs if they were called upon but they were Rapinoe’s to take (I thought there were 3 not 2)
yeah you are right it was 3. But it was still nerves of steel to bury those PKs all in crucial situations. The first 2 were perfectly placed with little margin for error. I’ve seen plenty of players miss PKs. England was 1/4 on PKs and missed the game tying one against the USA. They aren’t automatic. Especially with the pressure of a World Cup.

Reactions: NinjaKnight

Literal butt load? Damn, soccer is weird. That is a fugged up way to recieve a trophy.

ADVERTISEMENT