ADVERTISEMENT

Nm

How is that a deflection? He called cops pigs by wearing those socks. What other possible conclusion can you raise?

It’s relevant that Nike’s new poster boy is a cop hating idiot who used a reference that has inspired violence against cops in the past.

The issue is racial disparities in the justice system. Stop trying to move it to socks.

The issue is racial disparities in the justice system. Stop trying to move it to socks.
Oh I get it. You’re closing your eyes to wade in blissful ignorance and labeling this as “just socks”. Got it.

The fact you’re saying “just socks” tells me you realize how disgusting it is to label cops as pigs and you’re deflecting away from that so you can carry out your cheerleading for Kaep.
I can agree with you that words do hurt but stiffer penalties because of the color of one's skin hurts more.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
I’ve heard a lot of vets wondering if Nike knows what “sacrifice everything” actually means. Answer: they don’t.

I’m sure the families of dead soldiers can really sympathize with poor ol Colin K . He really made the ultimate sacrifice.

A couple of observations from this thread:

1. Why does it matter whether Kaepernick is a great QB or not? We can all agree that he's at least a serviceable quarterback. He has baggage and that's the reason he remains unsigned. Now, whether there is collusion involved is for the court to decide. If the insinuation is that you need to be famous or the best in order to speak up against perceived injustice, then you're ignorant.

2. Which brings me to point #2 - To say that Kaepernick hasn't been in the news until this Nike ad is disingenuous. The collusion case is out there and the story is routinely featured in the news. It's as simple as doing a custom range search in Google (I did May 1, 2018 - August 31, 2018). An article from May 23, 2018 on Fox News. A June 7, 2018 article in the Washington Post. A June 26, 2018 article in The Mercury News. A July 10, 2018 article in Forbes. A July 27, 2018 article on Yahoo Sports. An August 3, 2018 article in the LA Times. An August 16, 2018 article on ESPN. An August 30, 2018 article in Sports Illustrated. Shall I keep going?

1. Why does it matter whether Kaepernick is a great QB or not? We can all agree that he's at least a serviceable quarterback. He has baggage and that's the reason he remains unsigned. Now, whether there is collusion involved is for the court to decide. If the insinuation is that you need to be famous or the best in order to speak up against perceived injustice, then you're ignorant.

2. Which brings me to point #2 - To say that Kaepernick hasn't been in the news until this Nike ad is disingenuous. The collusion case is out there and the story is routinely featured in the news. It's as simple as doing a custom range search in Google (I did May 1, 2018 - August 31, 2018). An article from May 23, 2018 on Fox News. A June 7, 2018 article in the Washington Post. A June 26, 2018 article in The Mercury News. A July 10, 2018 article in Forbes. A July 27, 2018 article on Yahoo Sports. An August 3, 2018 article in the LA Times. An August 16, 2018 article on ESPN. An August 30, 2018 article in Sports Illustrated. Shall I keep going?

My posts at the bottom of Page 3 answer this question. Some people choose to ignore reality and want others to focus on their version of reality.

I’ve heard a lot of vets wondering if Nike knows what “sacrifice everything” actually means. Answer: they don’t.

I’m sure the families of dead soldiers can really sympathize with poor ol Colin K . He really made the ultimate sacrifice.
Sacrifice everything. Like Tamir Rice.

Black guy gets ad campaign: 4 pages out conservative outrage

Literally thousands of children raped by catholic church: womp womp

1. Because the SJW Kaep sympathizers all insist that he's a GREAT QB who is only unsigned because of meanie, racist NFL owners. There were these very people in the Dungeon thread crapping on Bortles and insisting that Kaep is actually better than him. The entire Kaep story becomes sooooo much more juicy to these people when combined with the narrative that he's being "persecuted" for his views and being held down by The Man.

2. He's been in the news but not really newsworthy. Are you really telling me with our hyper news cycle that merely making a story means you're "news of the day"? My point was that he hadn't been nearly as relevant as he was when kneeling on the sideline. People were tracking his "collusion" case with an "oh, ok" type of attention at best. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous.

Yep. We are sooooo out of touch for suggesting Nike will take a hit for using Kaep. We're sooooooooooo wrong.

Their favorability went down in every.single.demographic. Some of which plummeted.

nf.jpg

Reactions: UCFWayne
Yep. We are sooooo out of touch for suggesting Nike will take a hit for using Kaep. We're sooooooooooo wrong.

Their favorability went down in every.single.demographic. Some of which plummeted.

nf.jpg
Short term pain, long term gain. You are just mad that somebody hired Kaep. According to you he should never work again because he didn't stand for the government song.

nf.jpg

DONT BELIEVE POLLS!

...unless they tell us what we want to hear.

Meanwhile, Nike is still really well liked.

Those endowed by his Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Ah, so if I tell you that I have a gun and then I take the gun out and start to point it in your direction, at what point does your right to life trump mine?

Short term pain, long term gain. You are just mad that somebody hired Kaep. According to you he should never work again because he didn't stand for the government song.

You just shared a bunch of nonsense that is irrelevant which tells me you're defensive. You're being butthurt here.

It seems to me that 50% of all adults are mad that they hired Kaep. But wahh - 85 is a meanie - wah!

DONT BELIEVE POLLS!

...unless they tell us what we want to hear.

Meanwhile, Nike is still really well liked.

BELIEVE POLLS! People who use Fake News are ignorant!!!!

But seriously - lulz at looking at these poll results and say "Nike is still really well liked". Even if there was an enormous margin of error of 10%, that's still a 45% dip.

He wasn't cut. He opted out of his contract.

Yes....he opt out but it's been confirmed by the Niners that they were releasing him. In fact, the GM told him and his agent as a courtesy. I'll save u the suspense, if he was good....a team would take him. Guy played at Nevada and was one dimensional. Similar to RGIII, expect he was compounded by injuries...but kinda similar.

His punk pouty attitude and SJW drama....ain't worth it.

Besides, the wildcat, Kap, RG....these one trick ponies last a season....NFL coaching is too good and catch-up fast.

By the way, I was assured by the always correct lefties here that young people love Kaep and will reward Nike for this, and yet the Gen Z favoriability dropped 30% overnight thanks to this

[roll]

You just shared a bunch of nonsense that is irrelevant which tells me you're defensive. You're being butthurt here.

It seems to me that 50% of all adults are mad that they hired Kaep. But wahh - 85 is a meanie - wah!
I'm not complaining about an advertisement. That's textbook butthurtness.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Ah, so if I tell you that I have a gun and then I take the gun out and start to point it in your direction, at what point does your right to life trump mine?
Just admit that his life didn't matter to you.

Yes....he opt out but it's been confirmed by the Niners that they were releasing him. In fact, the GM told him and his agent as a courtesy. I'll save u the suspense, if he was good....a team would take him. Guy played at Nevada and was one dimensional. Similar to RGIII, expect he was compounded by injuries...but kinda similar.

Besides, the wildcat, Kap, RG....these one trick ponies last a season....NFL coaching is too good and catch-up fast.
It certainly doesn’t help that you have ESPN “experts” that talk about how he’s better than half the starters in the league. They have this based on a play here or there. After how ignorant their college football experts have proven to be, I can’t take any of them seriously anymore.

He was better than half the back ups.

It certainly doesn’t help that you have ESPN “experts” that talk about how he’s better than half the starters in the league. They have this based on a play here or there. After how ignorant their college football experts have proven to be, I can’t take any of them seriously anymore.
The Bears signed Mike Glennon for $45 mil last year on a 3 year contract. It didn’t work out but nonetheless they signed him for $15 mil a season. MIKE GLENNON!

Reactions: firm_bizzle
The Bears signed Mike Glennon for $45 mil last year on a 3 year contract. It didn’t work out but nonetheless they signed him for $15 mil a season. MIKE GLENNON!

MIKE GLENNON DOESN'T WEAR PIG SOCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSZZZZZZZZZZZ*

That’s a good point that I can’t refute and, as a Bears die hard, hurts my heart a little.

But combine a not-likely starter with the media and supporter circus that comes with; I’m not sure anyone would want to deal with that. I mean, Tebow couldn’t get a job either and you’d think he could play a bit as well.

Mike Glennon doesn’t cause a 50% drop in favorability of the team he plays for overnight.

Christ you people are dense. Colin K is a crap QB who is disliked for being a dick. Hence NFL teams don’t want a headache who can’t perform that well to begin with.

“But muh Kapernick! Better than Bortles!!”

Reactions: UCFWayne
Mike Glennon doesn’t cause a 50% drop in favorability of the team he plays for overnight.

Christ you people are dense. Colin K is a crap QB who is disliked for being a dick. Hence NFL teams don’t want a headache who can’t perform that well to begin with.

Maybe one day you'll find a cause bigger than yourself to fight for, like Ghandhi, MLK or Ali did.

nf.jpg
Here's more info from Morning Consult on Nike's Brand favorability drop. (Somewhat shocking to see literally no change in younger demographics but at this time...I do think its short term pain for long-term gain (which would have happened anyway).

I do think Nike will eventually note breakout sales in the future in regards to the new line of Kaep attire (shoe, hat, clothing, etc..) that is expected to hit stores in the coming months.

NOTE: Just like how in HS or Jr HS, kids like to wear provocative/protest attire (everything from the American Flag to BLM, etc...), which at many schools, is not allowed...it will be interesting if the Nike Kaep line will be the new "protest" attire for a young generation and the controversy it might cause in Jr HS or HS...and what some public school districts will decide to do or not do about it.

https://morningconsult.com/form/nike-kaepernick-report/

Last edited:

Lol, well you’re simply wrong.

nf.jpg
Here's more info from Morning Consult on Nike's Brand favorability drop. (Somewhat shocking to see literally no change in younger demographics but at this time...I do think its short term pain for long-term gain (which would have happened anyway).

I do think Nike will eventually note breakout sales in the future in regards to the new line of Kaep attire (shoe, hat, clothing, etc..) that is expected to hit stores in the coming months.

NOTE: Just like how in HS or Jr HS, kids like to wear provocative/protest attire (everything from the American Flag to BLM, etc...), which at many schools, is not allowed...it will be interesting if the Nike Kaep line will be the new "protest" attire for a young generation and the controversy it might cause in Jr HS or HS...and what some public school districts will decide to do or not do about it.

https://morningconsult.com/form/nike-kaepernick-report/

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/colin-...umers-according-industry-group-035831547.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT