ADVERTISEMENT

So looking at the rest of the season and Donnie Jones.....

Knight_Classes_begin_7pm

Golden Knight
Oct 6, 2013
-we have 10 games left all in conference play.
-our current record is
Overall 10-9,
Conf.
4-4
Home
7-4
Away
3-5
-assuming we may win 3 more games, we will most likely end up 13-16, which is just over .552 (2015-2016) reg season and most likely 11-7 conference play (if we win 3 more games).
-conference play 2014-2015 we were 5-13 with 12-18 overall record.
-So we actually have improved and will improve more if we win 3 more games this year
-Donnie's win/lose record at UCF is .497 starting in 2010-2011 season and conference play is .381 (piss poor).
-Donnie win/lose record at Marshall was 55–41 (.573) and conference 26–22 (.542)

I don't really see a winner as a coach here. I think Danny White will make a decision either end of this season or 1/2 way through next.

If you look at Donnie's past record I don't see the wins.

Now if Danny White keeps him, and we win four more conference games this year, things could go a different way. Maybe Donnie keeps improving steadily. Most likely if BJ Taylor gets healthy next year.

Last knight against UCONN was down right as embarrassing as last years butt whoopin by UCONN. :-(

Thoughts? Corrections?

For me more than specific win-loss record would be are we improving drastically vs last year. My whole point of keeping Donnie until the end of next year is evaluating based on having a true PG. If we dive into an Abyss the rest of the season, we have to go a different route regardless of the point guard situation this year.

For me more than specific win-loss record would be are we improving drastically vs last year. My whole point of keeping Donnie until the end of next year is evaluating based on having a true PG. If we dive into an Abyss the rest of the season, we have to go a different route regardless of the point guard situation this year.
I agree. I don't think we've improved drastically. I think if we improved drastically, some of the blowouts this year would not be. JMHO :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT