ADVERTISEMENT

So with an 0-12 season, coaching payouts, etc, how far in the RED

Knight_Classes_begin_7pm

Golden Knight
Oct 6, 2013
are we?

I would imagine we lost big time attendance, coach payouts, and (insert here) __________.

And what will bring us out of debt and into the black?

Thoughts? :)

I've always wondered how much we make each home game. I'm assuming that 10- 25% of capacity attendance is the break even point.

Zach told me we make less $1m per home game. I pushed, and he said far less than $1m. Idk. Our budget is what ~$40m. $20m of that is from student fees. This bad season may have cost us a couple of million. Don't know how much the buyouts are?

UCF has over $1b budget. So kicking over a million to athletics is ~1% of the university budget.

Our budget is over $50 million from the latest filing. We are fine. We lived off less than $10 million in the 90's.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Once we fire MBB, WBB, and Baseball it will be in the 10's of millions. Get out your checkbook. Maybe football will start selling all the old gear since SF is changing it anyways.

First off there is no buy out on Oleary. just a pre planned after payment. Key is a different story. In reality UCF got of cheap compared to what happens when most schools fire coaches.

are we?

I would imagine we lost big time attendance, coach payouts, and (insert here) __________.

And what will bring us out of debt and into the black?

Thoughts? :)

UCF Athletics will always need more $$$ and hopefully those that asked for change will step up to the plate and help them out, while continued diehards who are always supporting the team thru thick and thin will continue to do so.

First off there is no buy out on Oleary. just a pre planned after payment. Key is a different story. In reality UCF got of cheap compared to what happens when most schools fire coaches.

Just think how bad it might have been if we had had a mediocre season and hired Key as the head coach? Payout would have been much higher. You haters should be happy that GOL stayed around long enough to allow Key to tank. No way we are sitting with Frost as coach if GOL had left.

GOL could have left before the 1st game, and we still would have had a new coach. Key tanked from day one. After weeks and weeks of no GOL, Key managed to score 3 points in our finale.

GOL could have left before the 1st game, and we still would have had a new coach. Key tanked from day one. After weeks and weeks of no GOL, Key managed to score 3 points in our finale.

I think GOL was gone from day one, and was only coach in name. What I was trying to say is that had GOL left earlier we would likely have signed Key to a long term contract and we would be either stuck with him or a big buy out. Instead we have a relatively small buy out and Scott Frost as coach.

Just think how bad it might have been if we had had a mediocre season and hired Key as the head coach? Payout would have been much higher. You haters should be happy that GOL stayed around long enough to allow Key to tank. No way we are sitting with Frost as coach if GOL had left.

That is my point, UCF came out of this just fine. If GOL had to be fired rather than retire, we would have been screwed, He did not do that. We are talking about 1.7 mil total over the course of 4 or 5 years. That is a bargain. today..
I know people here want to keep bitching, but enough is enough. No one was trying to screw anyone on either side of those deals. Key turned out to not be a very good first year OC, doesn't mean he would not be a decent Head Coach. It is a different job set. If Key kept the job of OC who knows what we would or would not do with a couple of years under his belt.

That is my point, UCF came out of this just fine. If GOL had to be fired rather than retire, we would have been screwed, He did not do that. We are talking about 1.7 mil total over the course of 4 or 5 years. That is a bargain. today..
I know people here want to keep bitching, but enough is enough. No one was trying to screw anyone on either side of those deals. Key turned out to not be a very good first year OC, doesn't mean he would not be a decent Head Coach. It is a different job set. If Key kept the job of OC who knows what we would or would not do with a couple of years under his belt.
I'm pretty sure if you're last in the entire nation in yards per play and you have a game with negative 17 rushing yards you aren't a very good OC. There's no reason to come back in two years to analyze it.

...not so sure about the KEY part. Steadily declining numbers to the point of total failure.......buh bye :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT