ADVERTISEMENT

Softball vs Michigan 11am

Holy shit, one of those tweets says Oklahoma has scored 500 runs this year, and given up only 47. How could that be correct?
You are right, 500 runs is low for them, they mercy ruled 37 games. Most of these games they only went up to bat for 4 innings.

• Wow
Reactions: tjb74
If we get through this series, we're winning it all. Fingers crossed but OK sounds somethin' fierce!

How did we get stacked againts the #1 seed in the second round? I know many unranked teams won regionals. MISS ST won as unranked and is now hosting a super regional. I dont understand the format.

How did we get stacked againts the #1 seed in the second round? I know many unranked teams won regionals. MISS ST won as unranked and is now hosting a super regional. I dont understand the format.
It works like most tournaments 1 seed vs. 16 seed, 2 vs. 15, 3 vs. 14 etc. If a 3 seed gets knocked out by an unranked they take that 3 seed spot. It's pretty rare for a tournament to reseed in the middle of the tournament. (I actually can't think of one that does)

Reactions: Knight Strength
It works like most tournaments 1 seed vs. 16 seed, 2 vs. 15, 3 vs. 14 etc. If a 3 seed gets knocked out by an unranked they take that 3 seed spot. It's pretty rare for a tournament to reseed in the middle of the tournament. (I actually can't think of one that does)
I think NFL seeds everyone. Not just a quarter of the teams. Top seed gets worst seed. Not just who is in their bracket. That’s how it should be.

I didnt understand regionals as "seeds". So we were playing for the 16seed the whole time.

Charge on 2 wins and we advance

I think NFL seeds everyone. Not just a quarter of the teams. Top seed gets worst seed. Not just who is in their bracket. That’s how it should be.
Really the seed is only a number. Why they decide to only give that number to the host teams I don’t know. But for example, Michigan was for all intents and purposes the 17th seed, they just didn’t have the number next to their name. Oklahoma had the 32nd, 33rd and 64th seed in their regional etc.

They probably just don’t want teams to get caught up in the minutiae of we should have been the 29th seed but got the 36th seed instead! Also there’s a geographical factor although you wouldn’t have known it from the Orlando Regional. Typically they put together teams in close proximity or try to.

Really the seed is only a number. Why they decide to only give that number to the host teams I don’t know. But for example, Michigan was for all intents and purposes the 17th seed, they just didn’t have the number next to their name. Oklahoma had the 32nd, 33rd and 64th seed in their regional etc.

They probably just don’t want teams to get caught up in the minutiae of we should have been the 29th seed but got the 36th seed instead! Also there’s a geographical factor although you wouldn’t have known it from the Orlando Regional. Typically they put together teams in close proximity or try to.
They didn’t seem to put geography in mind this year as much. Teams were put far from home in almost all of them.

ADVERTISEMENT