ADVERTISEMENT

Some idiot sportscaster on local news 13 just said Feleipe Franks had a more impressive game than MM

Against Charleston Southern High?

3Rq15rH.jpg

Against FBS UCONN:

q7E4HZw.jpg

As bad as UConn is, Charleston Southern is worse. They had 2 defensive linemen who weighed 220 pounds.

Reactions: Mikesi
Man, don't take everything so personally. Let's see where their stats are at the end of the season.

Man, don't take everything so personally. Let's see where their stats are at the end of the season.

Stupid TV guys didn't say "which QB will have the best 13-15 game season".

Idiot broadcaster said that 219 yds passing at HOME vs a Div I-AA team was better than the. Milton's 340 plus passing on the road vs a conf foe.

Stupid TV guys didn't say "which QB will have the best 13-15 game season".

Idiot broadcaster said that 219 yds passing at HOME vs a Div I-AA team was better than the. Milton's 340 plus passing on the road vs a conf foe.

I mean, one guy threw for 5 touchdowns in only 24 pass attempts and had 219 yards. The other guy had the same 5 touchdowns but played a little longer and threw for over 100 more yards because of it. It’s certainly not clear which QB had a “better game”...well, certainly not clear enough to get upset about it. The good thing is you almost certainly won’t have to worry much about it going forward...because Franks is going to have some very mediocre games and Milton is going to continue to play lights out and put up insane stats nearly every game.

Last edited:
I mean, one guy threw for 5 touchdowns in only 24 pass attempts and had 219 yards. The other guy had the same 5 touchdowns but played a little longer and threw for over 100 more yards because of it. It’s certainly not clear which QB had a “better game”...well, certainly not clear enough to get upset about it. The good thing is you almost certainly won’t have to worry much about it going forward...because Franks is going to have some very mediocre games and Milton is going to continue to play lights out and put up insane stats nearly every game.

You can't be serious. On the road vs a Division 1 team, KZ had better stats, vs a P5 team playing a high school team at home. The rest of your post is fine but even a gator homer can see its not apples to apples.

You can't be serious. On the road vs a Division 1 team, KZ had better stats, vs a P5 team playing a high school team at home. The rest of your post is fine but even a gator homer can see its not apples to apples.

Are the stats even better? I don’t even know. You realize Franks had 5 TD’s in the first half and then came out of the game, right? Both QB’s played about as well as possible so it seems silly to try to debate which QB played better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazyhole
Are the stats even better? I don’t even know. You realize Franks had 5 TD’s in the first half and then came out of the game, right? Both QB’s played about as well as possible so it seems silly to try to debate which QB played better.

66.6% completion rate less yards with a power 5 O-line at the Swamp vs a high school team.

V.S.

75% completion rate with more yards behind a G5 O-line on the road vs a Divison I team. Hence the higher QBR.

Yes. KZ's stats are superior given the two circumstances. Both from a numbers perspective and a performance/competition perspective.

Reactions: Mikesi
Some FCS schools have 220lb defensive linemen?

That’s surprising

Miles Pace transferred to a school below that I believe and didn’t dominate after a good career at UCF. He was 250+

Last edited:
It's too early to be arguing about such things. Let's get into some tough games before we start comparing.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win”

We're now in stage 3. Local sportscasters are raging how a Gator player is better than a Knight player. Yes, a Gator fanboy on TV is having to "make the case" a Gator QB is better than an UCF QB, being the latter is a foregone assumption. ;)

Welcome to reality that UCF has been relevant in football than UF this decade.

Yes, I know it's a misattributed quote. But we lived by it at Red Hat in the pre-S&P500 days, right down to it being on the wall over the reception area at the original HQ on the NCSU campus.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win”

We're now in stage 3. Local sportscasters are raging how a Gator player is better than a Knight player. Yes, a Gator fanboy on TV is having to "make the case" a Gator QB is better than an UCF QB, being the latter is a foregone assumption. ;)

Welcome to reality that UCF has been relevant in football than UF this decade.

Yes, I know it's a misattributed quote. But we lived by it at Red Hat in the pre-S&P500 days, right down to it being on the wall over the reception area at the original HQ on the NCSU campus.

Man, your delusion is strong. No one is raging about anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT