ADVERTISEMENT

[Some] views from my adopted state ...

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
These are the types of Alabamians they (now we, since I am one) make fun of.

From: 'How GOP politicians are responding to the Moore allegations'
Some great quotes from near the end ...

Alabama GOP State Auditor Jim Zeigler to The Washington Examiner, "Take the Bible: Zachariah and Elizabeth for instance," Zeigler said. "Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist. Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus. There's just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual."

Alabama Marion County GOP chair David Hall told the Toronto Star: "I really don't see the relevance of it. He was 32. She was supposedly 14. She's not saying that anything happened other than they kissed. ... The other women that they're using to corroborate: number one, one was 19, one was 17, one was 16. There's nothing wrong with a 30-year-old single male asking a 19-year-old, a 17-year-old, or a 16-year-old out on a date."

Alabama Geneva County GOP chairman Riley Seibenhener to the Toronto Star: "Other than being with an underage person, he didn't really force himself," Seibenhener said. "I know that's bad enough, but I don't know. If he withdraws, it's five weeks to the election ... that would concede it to the Democrat." He added: "I know that 14-year-olds don't make good decisions."

Although this one was my favorite ...

Alabama State Rep. Ed Henry to The Cullman Times: "If they believe this man is predatory, they are guilty of allowing him to exist for 40 years. I think someone should prosecute and go after them. You can't be a victim 40 years later, in my opinion ... I'm not buying it. It's too easy for someone to make these accusations. It's foolish to go down that road, it's like what if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps."

Related article: 'Roy Moore allegations prompt reflections on fundamentalist culture in which some Christian men date teens'

Related article: 'Roy Moore allegations prompt reflections on fundamentalist culture in which some Christian men date teens

Well as a Christian man myself, I haven't dated a teenager since I was a teenager.

I agree that the claims should be looked into but if true he and all of the accused need to go to jail.

Reactions: UCFBS
Well as a Christian man myself, I haven't dated a teenager since I was a teenager.
I agree that the claims should be looked into but if true he and all of the accused need to go to jail.
Well, depending on statue of limitations when it comes to jail. But that aside ...

What bothers me most are the responses from even Moore himself, along with some supporters, how some people are "excusing" it. It wasn't 'Kosher' even 25+ years ago, not even in Alabama. That on its own is why he should pull out of the race.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT