ADVERTISEMENT

Somewhat OT: Mike O'Donnell is the PBP analyst for the SMU-ECU game on CBS SN today

thespiritof1976

Bronze Knight
Oct 17, 2017
Since when did Mike O'Donnell become a network analyst for college ball ?

Nice for him though. He is damn good at it and is quite better than the usual fare. He gave more than a few shouts out to the Knights and was introduced as one of the best Knights of all time by his PBP partner.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Ahh, made his debut today - and a pretty damn good one at that. He wasn't the least bit tongue tied or nervous. Seemed like a natural. Has a good future ahead of him.
Cbssports debut. He’s been doing games for a while on the Ocho. They didn’t promote him to network so he left.

Since when did Mike O'Donnell become a network analyst for college ball ?

Nice for him though. He is damn good at it and is quite better than the usual fare. He gave more than a few shouts out to the Knights and was introduced as one of the best Knights of all time by his PBP partner.
I assume he played basketball in the 90s or something?

I assume he played basketball in the 90s or something?

Was one of the best point guards to play for the Knights. Was with the team from 2005 to 2008.

Nearly led the Knights to victory at Rupp Arena of all places until Rajon Rando hit a big shot towards the end to beat us.

Those good Kirk Speraw teams that always seemed to over achieve while playing in that old garage ?

He was the epitome of that type of player back in those days along with Dexter Lyons, Ochiel Swaby, Ray Abellard, and others...

Last edited:
MOD had one of the quicker 3 pt releases around, maybe quickest at UCF till Williams showed up.

He was a great all-around pt guard who could also dribble/drive.

He was a NC State signee out of I think Clearwater who transferred/sat out at UCF following his Freshmen season in Raleigh.

Reactions: thespiritof1976
His commentary for games is pretty good, noticed it during an espn 3 broadcast earlier in the season. Hoping he keeps moving on up.

Still remember him almost single handedly leading the team to a COMEBACK win over Rollins.

He drained 4 3’s in the final two minutes of overtime.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT