ADVERTISEMENT

Somewhere in the great north, an ex UCF QB is trying to lead his team to a victory

there is a loser's mentality that permeates through the whole state after nearly 2 decades of being soft. Nebraska loses games to physical teams before they even enter the stadium because they're already prepared to get beat up.

its evident when they look pretty good against mediocre/finesse teams where they actually make a legitimate effort to compete and win. When you go into a fight you know you can win, you throw punches. When you think you're going to lose, you cover your face and just hope your nose doesn't get broken again.
They have to beat Indiana at home after a bye week, right? I had that chalked up as an easy win before the season started. Now it’s a must win

Reactions: Crazyhole
Nebraska articles usually always show up on a ucf google news search. They can't keep talking about us and comparing Head Coach scenarios. I read this and it looks like Scott Frost is ok this year, but next year if no progress...HOT SEAT... from google search:

Moos says that he wasn’t getting too ahead of himself before the season, and has always maintained that 6-6 and a bowl is a realistic, fair goal.

From the Omaha World-Herald:

“This is the fourth college football program that I’ve been a part of building,” said Moos, who had stops in Montana, Oregon and Washington State. “And it takes some time. I knew it was going to take some time here as well. And I love the hype, the great interest and the exposure we’re getting across the country. But realistically year two is ‘get to six.'”

Nebraska fans were as excited as possible when they landed Frost from UCF. Two years later, that honeymoon phase is clearly over, but Moos is paying no mind to those who are already openly wondering if he’s the guy to bring him back.
“People look to him in the huddle,” Moos said. “He’s a leader. … He’s as good as there is in regard to staying the course. He has his blueprint. It’s worked other places. His résumé is impressive. This wasn’t going to be an easy path, we knew that from the very beginning, both he and I. We’re not even through his second year and we’re making progress.”

6-6 is very reasonable, even with the recent struggles. Nebraska is two wins away, and has very winnable games against Indiana at home, and Purdue and Maryland on the road. That type of season, paired with a trip to the Quick Lane Bowl, or a similar game, probably won’t get the Husker faithful overly excited.

I read this and it looks like Scott Frost is ok this year, but next year if no progress...HOT SEAT... from google search:
You have no clue if you believe this. There are hot-headed blowhards on every fan board after tough losses (this very board being an example), but Frost won't be seriously on the 'hot seat' for at least the length of his contract and likely longer.

You can bank on that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT