ADVERTISEMENT

SOT. Orange County Commissioer noted she saw UCF stuff in Asheville

Nautiknight

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
Cullowhee, NC
I was watching the meeting yesterday when one of the lady commissioner to the UCF delegation she saw UCF merch in Asheville much to her surprise on her recent visit to the area . I chuckled some.

I recall the days coming to the Smokies as an UCF student wearing my UCF shirts that nobody here knew who or what UCF was. 😆. Those days are long gone. There are many UCF alums in Western North Carolina. I was in Publix in Oviedo a couple weeks ago and saw they those small pumpkins stamped with college logos. There were tons of usf ones and no UCF ones. I was chatting it up with the manager and shared how the Publix in Waynesville has a bunch of the UCF ones. Turns out half the managers there in Waynesville are UCF grads .

In my Waynesville store we have a college football tailgate themed window and we feature many schools in the region ,SEC, ACC and the BigXII with UCF being prominent.

So, yes madam commissioner , folks in Western North Carolina know about the Knights. Inpart because we are Knights ourselves living and working in the region and flying the colors with pride. You know what I don't see much up here? The Orlando Magic . 😆. I had to say it. It's safe to say Knight Nation has planted its flag in the heart of UT territory .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.