ADVERTISEMENT

south africa to seize land from white farmers

South Africa is a perfect example where Affirmative Action goes haywire ... against blacks. I.e., as here in the US, it overwhelmingly favors already affluent black families, not underprivileged ones. But the difference between South African and the US is ... blacks are the overwhelming majority in the former. So it is hated by the average, black South African, unlike in the US.

So I fully expect this to go to already affluent black families in South Africa, and not redistribute wealth at all ... just change owners from affluent whites to affluent blacks. In fact, the current issue suggests it will go to such entities and enterprises already established, to ensure food security.

I don't know the history well enough but did the white farmers seize the land from black people there originally?

Sticky situation - probably not the right way to go about it.

I don't know the history well enough but did the white farmers seize the land from black people there originally?
It goes back to the Boer Wars, and even earlier.

Correct. Because even if one agrees to 'take lands away,' it seems to only go to affluent black families, not a true 'redistribution of wealth.' This is South African's continuing issue with "Affirmative Action."

The politicians in South African love it, because the new bill focuses on not impacting the 'security' of the nation's food supply. That means existing corporations and investments owned by the affluent. Their past attempts to do otherwise have left some farms underutilized or even abandoned. Hence they heavy lobbying by those entities, and the politicians eager to say, 'we're going to do it right this time.'

This is why most people who are middle class -- white or black -- in South Africa, are getting out. I worked with several who live and work in Brno now, as the Czech Republic has been very open to educated/skilled South African as immigrants. I feel for the poor blacks still left in South Africa.

Today, Mandela is represented as a "white sellout," in the politicking South African media.

yes, they were colonized a hundred years or so ago by dutch/english/etc. Zimbabwe did something similar back in the 80s. they beg for food hand outs because they dont know how to grow their own food. the same will be said of south africa in 5 to 10 years from now.

yes, they were colonized a hundred years or so ago by dutch/english/etc. Zimbabwe did something similar back in the 80s. they beg for food hand outs because they dont know how to grow their own food. the same will be said of south africa in 5 to 10 years from now.
Yep, South African is going the way of Zimbabwe, only it will be worse in South Africa.

Mandela is turning over in his grave.

Much of the early ANC's "Affirmative Action" plan started in the late '90s, but it was never intended to wholesale shift assets from the white affluent to the black affluent. It was designed to enable the workforce, trying to get blacks to same level of representation, around 70/30, as whites, as their population (and eventually equal levels of roles/pay after that).

Instead, it's become a way for the affluent black in South Africa to keep their existing benefits. I mean, we in the US have no perception of how bad it is. Affirmative Action has a negligible, if any, effect on the white American in the US overall . But in South Africa, it's really done nothing for the poor black at all, and has shifted a lot of things out of the hands of the white, middle class (beyond just the affluent).

It's the worst case nightmare that Mandela was trying to avoid when he first became President, and did everything he could to include white South Africans, while still push for true equalization in the workforce (again, first by percentage, then eventually, position/pay), starting late in his first term.

Because Mandela knew it would result in 2 things ...
  1. Lack of foreign investment, and
  2. Brain drain
Both of those are now happening, wholesale.

Last edited:
alot of people will die of starvation if they do go through with this. if i were a well off white farmer down there, im packing my things to leave and never returning. zimbabwe is begging the farmers to come back but they would be crazy too. same in south africa.

I think this is total bs. Someone needs to equip these white landowners with weapons so they can fight for what belongs to them and protect themselves from these savages. I think its time for a revolution or a coup.

This was always coming. I cannot believe the Boer in the OFS and Transvaal will do anything but resist in a military fashion.

In Rhodesia Mugabe's apes were able to seize land because the farmers were isolated and not organised.

Maybe we will see the return of the Commando ?

If blood is shed, I do not think public opinion will be all one sided, many whites still understand right from wrong - it won't be an easy ride

I think this is total bs. Someone needs to equip these white landowners with weapons so they can fight for what belongs to them and protect themselves from these savages. I think its time for a revolution or a coup.

This was always coming. I cannot believe the Boer in the OFS and Transvaal will do anything but resist in a military fashion.

In Rhodesia Mugabe's apes were able to seize land because the farmers were isolated and not organised.

If blood is shed, I do not think public opinion will be all one sided, many whites still understand right from wrong - it won't be an easy ride
Understand this is an "affluent black" v. "affluent white" issue. The "poor black" is purposely being left out. So I wouldn't make it about 'race,' but 'wealth.'

That's South Africa's biggest issue right now.

I don't know the history well enough but did the white farmers seize the land from black people there .

Lol have you ever opened a history book?

Obviously that's what happened, but of course that does not justify the same thing happening again with the roles reversed. Not to mention this will undoubtedly cause starvation and hardship throughout the country.

Reactions: UCFBS
http://www.newsweek.com/world-south...tm_campaign=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news

AUSTRALIA WANTS TO GIVE 'PERSECUTED' WHITE FARMERS IN SOUTH AFRICA VISAS AFTER COUNTRY VOTES TO FORCE THEM OFF LAND
Everyone has learned from the Czechs.

The 'brain drain' from South Africa is real. The Czech Republic has been a huge benefactor, all while they are in trouble with the rest of the EU (along with Romania and a couple of others -- who are spatting with Germany over their "leftover squatters" that Germany jailed and deported) over being "too selective" in their choice of "immigrants."

I worked with several, outstanding engineers in Brno over several years, including a couple from South Africa.**

If I ever leave the US, I'm going to the Czech Republic. They are the US of central Europe, the only Democracy that was left after WWI. They have some of the heaviest requirements for citizenship (must be fluent in Czech, not just German or another language), but they are very independent and innovative.

If it wasn't for the British selling them out, Bohemia would have made Germany pay, and pay dearly, if they were ever invaded. But instead, Germany made great use of their industry.. They assassinated the grand architect of the final solution, and paid the heavy price for doing so too.

The Soviets made great use of Czechoslovakia during the Cold War, even though the Czechs rebelled ... twice. Their industry and quality, especially in Bohemia, was a staple for the Russians, from quality aircraft to ordinance. Brno is where the growth is now at, although it's not as developed.

And I won't lie, I love the women there. My wife, a spitting image of her Hungarian grandmother, felt at home there too.

Australia would be very smart to follow their lead.

Nice to see white supremacy on full display. Haven't been to the WC in years, I guess this is what its come to now.

Nice to see white supremacy on full display. Haven't been to the WC in years, I guess this is what its come to now.

Most people here with a brain blocked the idiot a long time ago. He's probably just a pathetic troll, but i don't know why he's not banned yet.

weve asked the mod to ban him several times and nothing has been done. put him on ignore. chances are he will come back in a couple months with a new name.

ADVERTISEMENT