ADVERTISEMENT

southern border to be guarded by 5k troops

UCFWayne

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2011
Casselberry
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/10/29/migrant-caravan-troops-border/1805864002/

this is good considering another group just attempting to get in on the caravan action got violent at the mexican border.

Many Gang Members and some very bad people are mixed into the Caravan heading to our Southern Border. Please go back, you will not be admitted into the United States unless you go through the legal process. This is an invasion of our Country and our Military is waiting for you!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 29, 2018

Baby boomers not being able to figure out how to embed a tweet when it's the easiest thing you can possibly do always makes me smile.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/10/29/migrant-caravan-troops-border/1805864002/

this is good considering another group just attempting to get in on the caravan action got violent at the mexican border.

Many Gang Members and some very bad people are mixed into the Caravan heading to our Southern Border. Please go back, you will not be admitted into the United States unless you go through the legal process. This is an invasion of our Country and our Military is waiting for you!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 29, 2018

Let's all pray our military can protect us from the demon horde approaching our border from the South!!!!!
So what would you do? Mexico offer all of those looking for work, jobs and security but they continue to choose to come to the US so it’s not hardship.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I love how 85's only argument is "but but it's illeeeeeegal"

Guess what, the Holocaust was legal. If you are basing your morals on what the government says is legal you are a fuking moron.

So what would you do? Mexico offer all of those looking for work, jobs and security but they continue to choose to come to the US so it’s not hardship.

They are walking and have a 1000 miles to go just to make it to our border. But even though these families would be stopped at the border when they eventually get there, it's critical that we send in our troops NOW!!!!

This is all about making as big a splash as possible to rile up the base before the mid-terms, you know. [eyeroll]

They are walking and have a 1000 miles to go just to make it to our border. But even though these families would be stopped at the border when they eventually get there, it's critical that we send in our troops NOW!!!!

This is all about making as big a splash as possible to rile up the base before the mid-terms, you know. [eyeroll]

These are “asylum seekers”. They were granted asylum in Mexico which is the nearest asylum refuge on their route.

Are they “asylum seekers” or economic migrants?

The best part about this is how the usual suspects on here are so goddamned brainwashed and incapable of thinking for themselves they just blindly swallow the party line no matter how stupid it is.

This immigrant caravan affects no one on here, yet the same crowd is still whining like a bunch of little brainwashed bitches about it.

This. Does. Not. Matter.

First they are not "walking" they are being driven by truck, van, bus and others. Yes they are walking some of it, but this is an orchestrated event that if not stopped, will continue to happen over and over again.

And I am not worried about someone coming to get me, I am worried that without a southern border it's a free for all and if this group is allowed in, there is no southern border. Since this group was not interested in staying in Mexico with jobs and security, they are coming here for other things. I want you to try to go to Canada. Give it a shot, try to go to Canada and move there. Good luck, not going to happen.

First they are not "walking" they are being driven by truck, van, bus and others. Yes they are walking some of it, but this is an orchestrated event that if not stopped, will continue to happen over and over again.

Conspiracy theories+ inbred racist Trump nut huggers

Name a more iconic duo

I would have a somewhat different opinion of these people if they weren't facetiously claiming asylum and they weren't so coordinated. It just seems too politically motivated.

You still have not said what you would do if you were the president.

You have to stop the Walker hoard at the border....I think we need troops, more troops.

The most God-awful aspect of this farce is that thousands of military families are going to be disrupted while Daddy or Mommy goes off to Texas "to defend" our border with Mexico. It's bad enough that these service men and women have done double-duty tours in the Middle East, now we're determined to use them as Mid-term campaign fodder.

I don't know how anyone who supports our veterans and service men and women can look anyone squarely in the eyes and say, "Yeah, our President really cares about our military."

Trust me, after the elections -- and with this caravan STILL a month or more away from the border -- we'll be talking about whether or not we can now safely withdraw some of our troops from the border.

The most God-awful aspect of this farce is that thousands of military families are going to be disrupted while Daddy or Mommy goes off to Texas "to defend" our border with Mexico. It's bad enough that these service men and women have done double-duty tours in the Middle East, now we're determined to use them as Mid-term campaign fodder.

I don't know how anyone who supports our veterans and service men and women can look anyone squarely in the eyes and say, "Yeah, our President really cares about our military."

Trust me, after the elections -- and with this caravan STILL a month or more away from the border -- we'll be talking about whether or not we can now safely withdraw some of our troops from the border.

LOL at the idea that these families will be shaken by having a family member deployed for a short period to the border. These men and women are often deployed for months on end to corners of the world but a short stint to the border? Going to tear these families apart!!!

Here's what's funny about you liberals - you don't want a wall. You don't want the military deployed to the border. Democrats always vote to provide what amounts to beans to expand CBP resources. You're against everything to curb illegal immigration and offer absolutely nothing by way of solutions.

Which confirms what I've said - your preferred policy is mass illegal migration over the border. Come on in folks, no laws to worry about here!

LOL at the idea that these families will be shaken by having a family member deployed for a short period to the border. These men and women are often deployed for months on end to corners of the world but a short stint to the border? Going to tear these families apart!!!

Man, I'll take the hit here: you are a real piece of shit. A literal piece of shit human being. IDGAF what bullshit meaningless "warning" I get.

Your whiny little pathetic self, who is too much of a bitch to actually sign up for the .mil, is trying to tell those of us who actually are in the military with families how this will affect us? Go fuk yourself keyboard commando. You are disgusting.

edit: and I already reported this comment.

Here's what's funny about you liberals - you don't want a wall. You don't want the military deployed to the border. Democrats always vote to provide what amounts to beans to expand CBP resources. You're against everything to curb illegal immigration and offer absolutely nothing by way of solutions.

Which confirms what I've said - your preferred policy is mass illegal migration over the border. Come on in folks, no laws to worry about here!
a portion of the wall has been completed. i wonder if some of the democrats wish they would have negotiated with trump on our immigration laws like he had offered early on?

PS- this is from a Military Times article this month. Seems to me that active duty military think the President is supporting their cause just fine.

"Troops surveyed continue to give high marks to the president for his handling of military issues specifically. More than 60 percent said they believe the military is in better shape now than it was under President Barack Obama, and nearly the same number have a favorable view of his handling of the military.

Last month, Congress finalized a $674 billion defense appropriations measure for fiscal 2019 which included another end strength boost, a host of new equipment purchases and the largest military pay raise in a decade.

“[Trump’s] definitely improving the readiness of the military and giving us the resources we need to get the mission done, not hamstringing us by cutting our budget," said Staff Sgt. Kyle Overholser, a 31-year-old airman stationed in Arizona

Only 13 percent believe that Obama’s military was in better shape than Trump’s, according to the poll."

Military Times Poll: What you really think about Trump
By: Leo Shane III   October 23, 2017

ILSKZRT4YJBSBNWIDCJESWBT2U.jpg

Yet, the poll of more than 1,100 active-duty troops, conducted in September, shows a deep divide over service members’ opinions of the commander in chief, whose first nine months in office have been marked by military policies that have drawn both praise and concern from Pentagon leaders.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...times-poll-what-you-really-think-about-trump/

You talking about this article, @UCFKnight85 ? Not surprised you lied as usual to make your point.

PS- this is from a Military Times article this month. Seems to me that active duty military think the President is supporting their cause just fine.

"Troops surveyed continue to give high marks to the president for his handling of military issues specifically. More than 60 percent said they believe the military is in better shape now than it was under President Barack Obama, and nearly the same number have a favorable view of his handling of the military.

Last month, Congress finalized a $674 billion defense appropriations measure for fiscal 2019 which included another end strength boost, a host of new equipment purchases and the largest military pay raise in a decade.

“[Trump’s] definitely improving the readiness of the military and giving us the resources we need to get the mission done, not hamstringing us by cutting our budget," said Staff Sgt. Kyle Overholser, a 31-year-old airman stationed in Arizona

Only 13 percent believe that Obama’s military was in better shape than Trump’s, according to the poll."
So, 60% better now, 13% better then, and 27% no answer or preference. I was surprised it was only 60% but then I realized how many will just check a box to get the survey out of the way.

LOL at the idea that these families will be shaken by having a family member deployed for a short period to the border.

One of the reasons why military families are able to deal with all the hardships and separation from their loved ones for months at a time is because of a deep sense of service to country.

Do you really believe they'll see their "service to country" payoff at our border down in Texas? What exactly do you think they'll be doing there?

If they don't already know it, it won't be long before they realize what a farce mission they're on. Of course, there will always be Trump puppets like you who can't -- or refuse to -- connect the dots. But the more Trump pulls stunts like this, the more and more active duty military will see through his shenanigans.

So, 60% better now, 13% better then, and 27% no answer or preference. I was surprised it was only 60% but then I realized how many will just check a box to get the survey out of the way.

It seems legit. In the article it mentions that the opinion on Trump is basically split 43/43 but a clear majority think that regardless of personal view, they appreciate what he’s done for the military by way of spending increases and better funding.

There is no one standing up for the weak in this world anymore.
When you're 14,000 strong the weak can stand up for themselves. Imagine the amount of change that caravan could effect if they showed up on the steps of their elected officials in Guatemala City.

At least they would be protecting our homeland border rather than acting as paid mercenaries defending a border half a world away in a country full of people that can't even stand us.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT