ADVERTISEMENT

southern border to be guarded by 5k troops

Apparently there is a meeting today to decide whether the invasion occurs via Texas or California. The discussion will center on a decision to go to Texas or California...the distance to California or the less friendly border of Texas.

Apparently there is a meeting today to decide whether the invasion occurs via Texas or California. The discussion will center on a decision to go to Texas or California...the distance to California or the less friendly border of Texas.
There are more benefits in California. When will they decide?

Reactions: UCFBS
There are more benefits in California. When will they decide?
Not to mention the border is easier to cross.

I don't know when the decision will be made. It was a quick quip on the radio this morning on the way into work.

Reactions: UCFBS
6exln06956x11.png

But it's the brown people who are the problem! Amirite @UCFWayne? #MAGA

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."...provided they have 'merit,' don't come from a sh*thole country, and go through an established port of entry.

Silly me. All this time I thought asylum was a lifeline not an immigration loophole.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."...provided they have 'merit,' don't come from a sh*thole country, and go through an established port of entry.

Silly me. All this time I thought asylum was a lifeline not an immigration loophole.

Just disgustingly racist. If only these people had the same standards for Americans. Kick out all those that don't have merit, start with the red hats

Last edited:

Uh yea dude. Jesus Christ. When you see those glory day films regarding immigration to the US, do you see Ellis Island or the smugglers that were paid to illegally enter the country?

It’s funny, I’ve been to Ellis Island many times. It’s a testament to the legal processing and entry of worthy immigrants from around the world. Yet during my tours I never once saw the tributes to the people who wanted to skip Ellis, pay smugglers, and bypass US immigration law to enter illegally.

But I know, I know. You lefties purposely want to frame illegal immigration in the same context as legal immigration. It’s so very sad and predictable but - we know.

But I know, I know. You lefties purposely want to frame illegal immigration in the same context as legal immigration. It’s so very sad and predictable but - we know.

I don't know what the hell your post on illegal immigration has to to with a caravan of asylum seekers, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

I don't know what the hell your post on illegal immigration has to to with a caravan of asylum seekers, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

They’re economic migrants. That’s why. You continue to distort this fact willingly.

Reactions: fabknight
They’re economic migrants. That’s why. You continue to distort this fact willingly.

While most Central American immigrants are dirt poor, the notion that the ones trying to get here from Honduras are "economic migrants" strains credibility. Goodness gracious, have you read or heard ANYTHING about what's going on there?!?!? In addition to the widespread government corruption, the country has one of the highest murder rates in the world.

Either you are clueless regarding what's going on in the region or you are "continuing to distort the facts willingly."

has anyone in here said they want to stop all immigration? no. we want immigration, we just ask that they do it legally.

perhaps the politicians could work together to make better immigration laws? lol jk thats too much to ask for.

has anyone in here said they want to stop all immigration? no. we want immigration, we just ask that they do it legally.

That sentiment would have more credibility if it wasn't voiced inside a thread about a caravan of asylum seekers from Honduras.

You'd have more credibility if you didn't continuously call economic migrant "asylum seekers"

Yeah, don't bother us with SILLY FACTS, right? (oops, I should have said 'alternative reality') :)

I might as well be arguing with tin foil hats who believe the Earth is flat and the Moon landing was a hoax.

Yeah, words like economic migrant. :)
wait i thought they were asylum seekers? and werent they granted asylum in mexico? why are they still marching to california when mexico was going to grant asylum? why are they demanding transportation to california?

Put the caravan in space, some jet sweeps into New Mexico or just go Bone!
There's a reason many they don't go to New Mexico. It's very pro-immigration for undocumented residents ... as long as you don't commit fraud (e.g., taking state benefits, faking IDs, driving without license/insurance, etc...). If you commit fraud, the state permanently blacklists you, documenting your fraud and ensuring it's registered as a crime, making it extremely difficult to become a citizen.

That's why I often say I don't have a problem with undocumented residents in New Mexico.

Here's an interesting little news tidbit: The 5,800 troops who were rushed to the southwest border amid President Donald Trump’s pre-election warnings about a refugee caravan will start coming home as early as this week — just as some of those migrants are beginning to arrive. Geez, what's up with THAT guys?

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/19/troops-us-mexico-border-come-home-1005510

Hearing this news, you could wonder whether the whole thing was an expensive pre-elections publicity stunt designed to encourage a bunch of gulliable Red Hats to rush to the polls to vote!!! Naw, we desperately NEEDED all those troops...for a couple of week...right guys?

we only have so many CBP agents and we can't simply send them all to where they're crossing to contain these people and organize that processing. Hence why the military is there to assist. We're done playing the bullshit game where we don't have enough resources to process people at the border...

Do you also whine when we deploy the Nat Guard for disaster relief?

Our military ROCKS! They literally helped with organizing and processing all those refugees before they even got to the border!!!

Talk about efficiency!!!! I feel safer now. :)

We knew it was a political ploy from the jump.

I wonder how many troops are going to miss thanksgiving for a threat that never existed.

"invasion"

Jesus fuking christ you are stupid fuking piece of shit. Racist hypocrite piece of shit christian.

Reactions: DaShuckster
"invasion"

Jesus fuking christ you are stupid fuking piece of shit. Racist hypocrite piece of shit christian.

Careful, Ninja. fab will be asking you why in the world emphasizing the word 'invasion' regarding a group of refugees fleeing Nicaragua could be considered racist in any way. It's a genuine mystery.

Besides it's absolutely impossible for him to write about an invasion of illegals that could cause readers -- particularly Hispanics -- to take offense because he's married to one.

"invasion"
And, thus, this is textbook how progressives argue 'refugees' must always be treated like citizens ... no matter at what, unsustainable rate.

The term 'invasion' has more than just a 'racist' meaning.
It also means a rate that is unsustainable.
E.g., in nature, invasive species.

But instead of focusing on that reality, they just label and stereotype.
This is how Progressives differ from Critically Thinking Liberals.

Critically Thinking Liberals (left leaning) would counter with an argument on how Trump is wrong on merit, as the US is the one, western nation that doesn't have such requirements.

But they would also point out that even Trump's 'merit' argument makes the US no more 'racist' than all western nations.
In fact, Trump's policies are still far, far more lenient than the 2nd most welcoming, developed, western nation.

But the US media doesn't cover that, which is why I have to re-explain all these things to my European colleagues.
Which is why when most of my European colleagues see Progressive arguments exposed for what they are ...

They realize American Progressives are not Social Liberals, but complete partisans with no ground to stand on whatsoever.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Lmao wtf is wrong with you? Remember that poll I posted about conspiracy theories and conservatives? Jesus fuking Christ you are a textbook example.

These people live in literal poverty, they coordinated a group to travel to stay safe and move away from the insanely dangerous and drug ruled cities to move their families to a better life. If anyone thinks this is a liberal plot for some reason you are literally too stupid to be alive. If it was a political plot it would make most sense to be run by conservatives, since for some reason this seems to be the GOP's motivation for this election cycle.
Frump just plays on the ignorant red hat hate

And, thus, this is textbook how progressives argue 'refugees' must always be treated like citizens ...

What kind of bullsh*t is this? Exactly how is it that those Progressives are treating Nicaraguan refugees like 'citizens?' They've fled their country to seek asylum here which is legal under international law. And what is the 'progressive' response? You are welcome to APPLY like every other immigrant seeking asylum here.

Does that automatically mean accepting all of them? No. Hell, it doesn't even mean taking ANY of them.

So pray tell, how is this 'Progressive' sentiment treating them like citizens?
Seems to me that's simply following international law.

Last edited:
Reactions: ucfversusbcs
You guys know that other countries don't let random people just invade and live in their country right? Most of them you can't claim gov't benefits for years plus prove you won't be an economic drain. Nothing wrong with that right?

What kind of bullsh*t is this? Exactly how is it that those Progressives are treating Nicaraguan refugees like 'citizens?' They've fled their country to seek asylum here which is legal under international law. And what is the 'progressive' response? You are welcome to APPLY like every other immigrant seeking asylum here.

Does that automatically mean accepting all of them? No. Hell, it doesn't even mean taking ANY of them.

So pray tell, how is this 'Progressive' sentiment treating them like citizens?
Seems to me that's simply following international law.
Critically thinking liberals, classic liberals, libertarians - this must be some Koch brother terminology BS is trying to push. He must be a Rubin Report fan. ;)
Progressives supporting the party line? The party that likes to call Nancy Pelosi Mao's niece had her office protested because if they didnt she probably wouldve neglected Climate Change/Green New Deal policies. And who showed up to support them? Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Some party line supporter.

Careful, Ninja. fab will be asking you why in the world emphasizing the word 'invasion' regarding a group of refugees fleeing Nicaragua could be considered racist in any way. It's a genuine mystery.

Besides it's absolutely impossible for him to write about an invasion of illegals that could cause readers -- particularly Hispanics -- to take offense because he's married to one.

[roll]

Color me shocked that a liar like you who accuses people of being racist then runs away when confronted is now teaming up with the biggest psycho on the board that most everyone with a sane brain has on ignore.

[roll]

Color me shocked that a liar like you who accuses people of being racist then runs away when confronted is now teaming up with the biggest psycho on the board that most everyone with a sane brain has on ignore.
I've triggered poor Shuckbucket. Maybe on this Thanksgiving Day, he can do some introspection and give thanks to people like me for shining a big, bright light on his blatant hypocrisy and bigotry.

alots has happened since last week. funny how theyve been causing all sorts of problems in mexico since they arrived. they stormed the border but that didnt work. now looks like mexico is going to deport those people. perhaps they shouldve accepted mexicos asylum offer.

Reactions: fabknight
Best 2 statements in this commentary ...
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/commentary-caravan-confirms-what-trump-has-been-saying-for-weeks/
  • "If everyone who lives in poverty and under a dysfunctional government were entitled to asylum in the U.S., our borders would be open to about a billion people."
  • "And if Trump is Hitler for using tear gas at the border, who was President Obama when his Border Patrol took similar actions in 2013?"
I'm a Libertarian, so I think Trump is wrong.
But so are all of the progressives too.

They don't believe in sustainable immigration.

ADVERTISEMENT